Best Friends [unedited]

Mr. Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up grumpily from the teachers ringing a loud bell, announcing breakfast will be served in ten minutes. You rolled over and stretched your legs out, yawning tiredly as you slowly came back to reality. You fluttered your eyes open and saw the spot beside you was empty. 

You sighed in relief that Kai had returned before anyone else would of noticed. You would of been dead, not only by his fan girls or the teachers. But Kris. Your boyfriend, who cared about you so much. You messed your hair up in frustration and removed the sleeping bag from you. You have Kris right beside you after all this time and yet you are doing such things with Kai. 

You felt guilt and anger, with a mixture of other emotions rushing through you. You didn't understand how a jerk like Kai was getting to you in such a way. You remembered this feeling.. It seemed so familiar. 

*I felt this way with Kris didn't I..?* You thought to yourself.

"This isn't right.." You muttered to yourself as you changed into your clothes for the day.


~ ~ ~ ~ 


After another rowdy breakfast with the boys, you were sent outside of the cabin and asked to pair up with your partners, which everyone practically was in the first place. You sighed and glanced over at a few pairs of girls. None of them looked like the type of girls you would like to be stuck with for the rest of the week. You just prayed it wouldn't be Yoo Sung. Anyone but that heartless .


"Who's your new partner?" Kris asked as he leaned in closer.

"I don't know yet.." You sighed and looked at him.

"Let's go ask the teacher." You nodded as Kris stood up. He held out his hands and you held them gratefully. He pulled you up and leaded you towards the nearest teacher. 

"Sir, Hyo Jin doesn't have a new partner yet." Kris spoke politely.

"Oh that's right!" He clapped his hands together once before turning to the group, who were laying around lazily, "Everyone listen up! Hyo Jin is in need of a partner. Any girls willing to take her on board their team?" He asked enthusiastically.

And as you had predicted, nobody raised their hands. Kris looked down at you and saw your emotionless face. You didn't want to show you were affected by this. You could already see the names they were going to start calling you, like miss unwanted, little miss lonely, ty outcast. Anything along those lines was going to be spread around by the time you returned to school. 

"We will!" A loud voice called out. Your eyes shot up and you looked at a pair of excited boys, Lay and Tao.

"I'm sorry boys, but girls stay with the girls. Boys stay with the boys." The teacher explained.

"But no girls want her." Tao objected. *Gee thanks for putting it so bluntly Tao..*  

"It's not like we will share a tent, just for the activities." Lay persuaded.

The teacher turned to the others teachers and they began to whisper for a few seconds, before turning to you.

"Alright, if it's alright with you Hyo Jin, you may be teamed up with Lay and Tao." 

"Great." You smiled and quickly ran over to the two.

"Yes! We got her!" Tao fist pumped the air and smiled proudly.

"Yeah, thanks a lot." You threw a punch at Tao's shoulder.

"Hey! What was that for!" 

"For saying nobody wants me!" You spat back. 

"Everyone else, yes. But we wanted you." Tao pouted. You tried so hard to keep a serious face, but with his innocent intentions, sweet eyes and pouting lip, you couldn't help but smile. Tao smirked and messed your hair up.

"Get off of me, you idiot!" You shoved him away and fixed your hair.

"You forgive me right?" Tao fluttered his eye lashes and smiled sweetly.

"Yes.." You looked away and acted grumpy again. Tao just smiled happily and tried hugging you, when large strong arms pulled him back.

"Alright. Enough. Stop being so touchy with my girlfriend." Kris yanked him back and stood beside you instead. You blushed lightly and looked away. Him calling you his girlfriend and acting all protective like that made your heart melt away. 

"Sheesh. Such a possessive boyfriend you got here Hyo Jin." Tao rolled his eyes and took a seat down on the grass. Everyone else followed as the teacher began to speak again.


 ~ ~ ~ ~ 


- Flashback -

 
A new year and a new basketball team. Growing up, you had always had a love for the sport. Every year though, something, or should we say, someone, ruined it..

"Lizzy. Your off first half." Monique pointed at you briefly before pointing to Jessica, your team mate, "Jess. You can take her place." 

"Why am I off first?" You whined. Usually you wouldn't whine about such a thing, because everyone has there turn being on the benches. But you have already been off five times in a row. 

"Because I said so. I'm captain. I make all of the decisions." Monique replied ily. The whistle blowed, signaling all players to step out on the court. Your team mates gave you a quick glance before stepping onto the court. You sighed and took a seat on the benches by the side of the court.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter