Last Night [unedited]

Mr. Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your body was shivering as Kai carried you back to the camping sight. After much arguing, you finally had given in to his demands and allowed him to piggyback you. Your cheeks were no longer pale and your body was much warmer then before. Your throat was dry and your chapped lip was bleeding. 

You were utterly exhausted and Kai took his time walking back, not wanting to wake you. He turned his head and gazed at you as you leaned your cheek on his shoulder and faced him with your eyes tightly shut. But you weren't asleep. How could you when he was bouncing up and down as he walked. 

It was getting uncomfortable and cold, you just wanted to go home already. To rest in your warm bed, or Kai's warm bed, with a nice warm soup to feed your stomach. 

"Hyo Jin.." Kai called quietly. 

"Mm?" You didn't bother opening your eyes. 

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. You sighed and opened your eyes, still resting your cheek on his broad shoulder. 

"Yes." It was at least the fifteenth time he has asked you that.

"Just making sure." He smiled and continued to look forward. He could hear the annoyance in your voice and it reassured him you really were feeling better. 

"Are we there yet?" You asked tiredly, and closed your eyes again.

"Yes." He replied shortly. 

"Really?" Your eyes shot open and you looked up. You could see everyone sitting around in their own little groups, chatting together. You then noticed the boys together with a few teachers, they were getting ready to go somewhere. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, sighing quietly. They were looking for you. You couldn't help but feel a little guilty. 

*I'm such a burden.. To everyone.*  

You both were approaching the group, when you told Kai to let you walk. He was hesitant, but eventually let you down. He squatted slightly for your feet to touch the ground. You slid off of his back and wobbled a little as you tried to keep your balance. 

Kai quickly wrapped your arm over his shoulder and leaned your body onto his. You looked up at him and you felt your heart racing from the closeness. He just looked down at you and smiled sweetly. But you could see the concern in his eyes.   

*I'm sorry for making you worry about me so much..* You said to yourself as you began to admire his facial features. His calm breathing and sweet scent was all you could feel at this moment and you loved it.  

*No. Hyo Jin. Keep yourself together.* You shook your head and looked away. You both only took one step when a loud voice screamed your name. You looked up in surprise and saw Kris running towards you with the boys and teacher quickly following behind. 

He grabbed your arm and pulled you away from Kai. You scrunched your face up from the pain he gave you from his rough handling. Kai noticed and shot a glare at Kris. But he was too busy looking at you from head to toe to worry about Kai.

"Are you alright? Where are you hurt?" He asked as he looked into your eyes worriedly.

"I'm fine." You smiled weakly but he didn't believe you.

"What happened? Where were you?" 

"I-I just..-." You stuttered when Yoseob's warning came back to mind. 

"She just got lost." Kai lied, as he stared at Kris. Kai knew there was something more to what had happened to you and you were going to tell him soon. Kris gave him an odd look before nodding and turning to you again. Right then the rest had arrived and they looked at you worriedly.

"Come Hyo Jin. Let's get you checked up." The female teacher said, as she placed her hand over your back to lead the way. You nodded and held your head low as you breezed past everyone. You didn't want to look at them. 

"What happened?" The male teacher asked, looking toward Kai's direction. Since he was the one that had found you.

"She got lost." Kris stated before Kai could answer, and quickly left following you and the female teacher to the lodge, where the nurses room was located.

"Alright, boys. Let's join the others." The male teacher said as he began to stroll past them. The boys followed except for Kai. He watched you as you disappeared into the building with Kris still following behind. Lay noticed and turned around. He looked at him suspiciously before walking up to him.

"She didn't get lost, did she?" Lay asked with crossed arms. It was hard for him to believe that you could suddenly get lost when he and Tao had ran off down the track. You weren't that dumb to just walk off the track into another direction. Kai didn't answer, he turned to walk pass Lay, when he took hold of his arm.

"Something happened to her, right?" Lay asked worriedly. You two were both close, he wanted to know what it was that happened to you for the hours you weren't in his sight. Kai just glared at Lay and shook his arm away from his grip. He walked off, leaving a confused and worried Lay behind. He just shook his head at the sight of Kai. He could sense the jealous look in Kai's eyes when he shook his arm away like that.

*You aren't the only one who is worried about her..* Lay thought to himself as he followed Kai back to the rest.


~ ~ ~ ~ 


After your little check up, the nurse had quickly went to your tent for some fresh clothes for you. She had tried removing Kai's jacket from you, but if she were to do that, she would see the scars and bruises all over your body. You didn't want her to know that the jacket was all you were wearing. Trouble would occur, you would have no choice but to tell them the truth. Once you changed the nurse prepared the bed for you and you laid down. 

"Just sleep for the rest of the evening. Join the others when you feel better." She smiled sweetly at you as she began to pack up the equipment. You nodded and smiled as you watched her leave the room. 

Once the door closed behind her, you sighed tiredly and looked up to the ceiling. You were so warm under the blankets and your throat no longer hurt after you had finished your bottle of water a few minutes ago. Your body still ached and your head was thumping from the intense migraine. Only after a few minutes, you were fast asleep. 


~ ~ ~ ~


You slowly woke up and groaned in pain. You could hear the loud laughter from the others outside, who were playing some games after they finished their dinner. You kept your eyes closed as you stretched your legs out under the blankets. You were about to stretch your arms up above your head but something was stopping you. Well, more like someone was holding it. Your eyes shot open and you looked down, meeting eyes with Kris.   

"W-what are you doing here?" 

"I was worried about you." He replied, staring into your eyes. You looked away and removed your hand from his. He was hurt by your reaction and sat up straight in his chair, that was beside your bed. 

"What happened?" 

"I-I got lost." You stuttered as you played with your fingers nervously.

"Oh come on. That's such an obvious lie." He scoffed, "Tell me. What happened to you?" 

"I already told you." You replied coldly and looked up at him.

"Did someone do this?" He also became cold. 

"No." You looked away again, but out the window this time. The sun was setting and your stomach was grumbling. You hadn't eaten all day.

"Please.. I'm your boyfriend. You can trust me.. With anything. Please, tell me." He pleaded.

You looked down at your hands again and sighed. Hearing him say that he is your boyfriend so easily, it felt strange.. Almost.. Wrong. 

He sighed when you didn't reply. He had a bad feeling and stood up. You looked up at him, a little surprised he was leaving so quickly. But he wasn't leaving just yet. He quickly bent down and kissed you. Your eyes were wide. You didn't reply to the kiss. He pulled away and stood up straight again. 

The two of you didn't know at that moment Kris kissed you, someone had opened the door and looked in. The two eyes glared at the two of you with jealousy. They slowly closed the door and walked away like they hadn't seen anything. 

*You'll be mine soon..* Kai thought to himself with determination as he marched out of the building.


~ ~ ~ ~ 


After your little moment with Kris, he strolled out without another word.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter