English

Mr. Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

You and Sung Min were sitting beside each other preparing for English class to start. The long school day was just beginning and you were already exhausted. You woke up multiple times because Kai was cuddling with you throughout the night. The pillow no longer worked and you had to push him away yourself. You even fell off the bed, you bruised your leg badly after hitting it on the bed frame on the way down.

"What happened to you?" Sung Min noticed your bruise and lightly touched it. Luckily for you, it didn't hurt anymore, it was just annoying to see, it reminded you of Kai.

"Fell of the bed." You stated as you were placing your books out on the table. 

"What were you doing..?" Sung Min smirked and leaned forward to face you. You looked at her with wide eyes, since when did she become such a dirty minded girl!? Spending too much time with Tao and Xiumin.

You had forgotten she knew about you and Kai sharing his bed, it was hard to know who knew what. Kris and his friends knew nothing of your relationship with Kai, well not relationship, more like situation. Sung Min knew basically everything, apart from some details about Kris and your past. As for Kai and his friends, they knew nothing of your past with Kris, and will never know. 

"Ugh! Nothing!" You whined and shoved her away. She chuckled and quickly grabbed a pen when the teacher arrived.

 

 


The class began to whine and groan about the surprise test the teacher had just announced. You sighed and looked down at your closed book. You barely knew any words, you were going to fail and you didn't need that. It was simply embarrassing to be half Australian, and lived in Australia basically all your life, and know absolutely no English whatsoever.

"You'll do fine." Sung Min rubbed your back encouragingly.

"You know I don't remember anything." You whispered quietly. She just sighed and patted your shoulder.

The teacher handed you the test and you quickly began reading the questions. Your mind was blank and you stared at the words and struggled to pronounce them. The English letters made no sense to you at all. You clutched your head tightly and read the question over and over. 

You felt a paper ball hit the back of your head but ignored it. You were too busy concentrating on answering these, what seemed impossible, questions. You quickly gave up on them and flipped the sheet over. You read the words on the vocabulary list slowly. Nothing made sense and you were growing frustrated with yourself.

Suddenly a familiar word ringed a bell and you read it again, just to make sure you weren't imagining things. 

"Zoo.." You said quietly to yourself. Suddenly you saw images run through your mind, you were on a school excursion in fifth grade and you were visiting Melbourne Zoo. You were excitedly jumping up and down when you watched the meerkats running around in their small enclosure. You were gripping onto an unfamiliar girl, she must have been an old friend.

You quickly wrote down the Korean translation and smiled to yourself. You read the next word, and surprisingly, understood it. Eventually you had filled in each word and flipped it back over to answer the difficult questions from before. 

You felt yourself understanding the questions easily. You quickly scribbled down the correct answer and smiled to yourself. Suddenly a conversation you had spoken with an unfamiliar girl came to mind, you understood every single word that was being said and it scared you.

Those evil, heartless eyes and a sharp tongue that pierced your heart. This girl was pure evil as she spat at you with harsh words. Tears were filling your eyes yet again, because of a painful memory. The teacher quickly shook you out of your thoughts when she announced there was only five minutes remaining.

You quickly put your attention onto the five unanswered questions and read through them quickly. You answered them with ease and a smile grew across your face. You clearly remembered every word and their meaning in the English language. 

You were surprised by how it came back to you so suddenly, every other memory you had gained was patchy and slowly came back, but you didn't bother wondering why this was. You were glad you could understand your mother language. That's all that mattered.

You proudly handed your test back to your teacher after the class ended and made your way to your locker with Sung Min by your side. 

"I can't believe it all came back to you, just like that." She clicked her fingers together, showing how quickly your memory returned. 

"I know. I know. I can't believe it either." You shook your head in disbelief before stopping in front of your locker. 

"I'll go put my books away and meet you at the bench?" She asked as you slowly turned your lock open.

"Why not the cafeteria? Not hanging out with the guys?" You asked curiously. 

"Nah, not today. I want to talk to you about something. I don't want the guys to know about it." You nodded your head in understanding. It was hard for the two of you to share little secrets and thoughts on things because of the guys being such loud mouths. Especially Tao.. Boy is he loud.

"Okay. Be there in five. I need to go to the toilet first." You replied as you placed you books in your locker. 

"Okay. See you soon." She replied before heading down towards her locker in the next corridor.

You quickly headed down the hall towards the girls toilets. After finishing your business you stood in front of the sink and washed your hands. You heard a few girls walk in but didn't bother looking up to see who they were.

"Well, well. Look what we have here girls."

You immediately stopped rubbing your soapy hands together and looked up into the mirror. That irritating voice and y tone, you knew right away who the owner of that voice was.

Yoo Sung.

"What do you want?" You asked coldly, staring at her and her five friends, through the mirror. 

"Oh.. You know.. Nothing much." She smirked and placed her hands on her hips. You rolled your eyes and grabbed some tissues from the dispenser to dry your wet hands. You threw the paper into the rubbish bin before turning to face the six girls. 

"Move." You glared at Yoo Sung. There was no point in making eye contact with the others, Yoo Sung was the one who controlled them. Yoo Sung was the one you needed to break. Literally.

"Don't be so cold towards me Hyo Jin. I just came to tell you something." 

"What?" 

"It can't be said here." She looked over her shoulder and her friends nodded their heads and came towards you. You stepped back and held out your arms to keep distance between you and the girls, but they grabbed hold of your arms and pulled you along towards the door.

"Where are you taking me!?" You screamed and wriggled frantically trying to escape them. 

"Just shut up and don't make a scene." Yoo Sung hissed and placed her index finger over her lips. You sighed and straightened your posture. You didn't need to cause an unnecessary scene and lowered your head in defeat. Yoo Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter