It was just a total coincidence...

The strong strings

Coming back from a nice restful holiday had energized Min Ho all over. He missed his friends and decided to meet them up. He called Kim Bum first. He found out Kim Bum had just returned from his pre-honeymoon vacation with his new found love. 

"Yes?" Kim Bum answered lazily, "You do know it's too early for you to be awake this morning right Min Ho?" They knew each other like the back of their hands.

"I got recharged really well at the Maldives. Fresh air did it!" He answered excitedly. "Let's meet up man!" He suggested. "I'll call Il Woo as well."

" Yeap." Kim Bum agreed. "The usual?" which means their usual meet up place.

"Yes! See you in 30 minutes." Min Ho said excitedly. He immediately call his friends, Il Woo.

In 30 minutes, they reached their favourite cafe and to their dismay, it was closed for that day. The three friends looked disappointed and started to wander of where to go. Then Il Woo remembered a fan was talking and raving about a new cafe which was not that far away from where they were. They all agreed to go there. 

The place was very comforting. The ambiance was very relaxing. They decided to sit on one quite hidden corner. The waitress took their order and at the same time,as a compensation to keep her quiet, they allowed her to take pictures with them. They started to talk and excitedly updating one another about their lives and this and that.

"So Min Ho, your new drama is a big hit. Congrats man. You guys are going to receive lots of awards I heard." Kim Bum mentioned as he sip his coffee.

Nodding in agreement, Il Woo interjected, "Can't believe I got Holika contract with your co-star. She's truly a professional. Must be less of a hassle for you to work with her Min Ho. Pretty face but too boyish for my style."

Min Ho just smiled at the mention of Shin Hye. His heart started to race. "Yeap, it was smooth filming with her. She's a gem indeed."

"Gem? You mean the most rarest and expensive diamond more like it," Kim Bum snorted. "She's pro but her mind is always filled with lots of things to do. Very ambitious person. I wonder if she has ever put any interest into men. She's such a kidder."

"She was..." Min Ho said slowly trying to hide his excitement talking about his subject of interest. "Hey, Kim Bum. How's life having found your love?" He changed the subject.

"It's great! I am so lucky that she also was into me. I thought it was just me. I remembered saying she was not my type but boy was I wrong! I was head over heel with her. I miss her now!" Kim Bum said with a passionate look.

"Whoaaa.. slow down man. Take your time. Don't rush it." Il Woo advised. "I think I want to try to get closer with Shin Hye but she didn't give me any indication if she was interested or not. She was just mutual most of the time."

"Don't waste your time man." Kim Bum said non-chalantly. "That girl has been in this industry way more than us and she probably experienced a lot more and I think I remembered her saying that it is hard for her to let her guard down. I think of something that had happened in the past. She said something very democratic of how to keep things in balance. I pity that girl. At times I think, any men who she has interests in, she will try to just bury it.Sigh!"

Min Ho's mood went down the drain after listening to what Kim Bum had said and probably it was really true. Shin Hye must have it hard he thought. As he listened to his friends bicker, he tried to leaned back and something sharp poked his back. He turned around and saw a hard cover book with a beautiful cover design on it. A knot of red strings. He opened it to see if any name was written. But it was none. The book looked very new and a corner of a page was folded as a marker of where the reader had stopped. The owner probably would be looking for it.  He read the blurb, it sounded interesting. 

"Youngie is reading that currently. She can't seem to put it down. I bet it's a good book. " Kim Bum said. "Are you reading it?"

"Nope. It was here. Someone must have left it. It's new and sadly no name written on it." Min Ho explained. 

"Hey, what if it's like fate. You were actually supposed to meet her. " Il Woo threw in an idea.

"That's crazy man! Who would believe such a thing." Min Ho scoffed. "Anyway, I bet the owner will be looking for this since this person only read at about this amount." He showed them. 

"Leave it to the counter then. The waitress can later give it back if the owner is looking for it. " Il Woo suggested. 

Min Ho went to the counter to give the waitress the book.

"Sorry Sir, I just started my shift. I don't know who was sitting there. I will ask my friend. I can keep it here first and hopefully the owner will come and claim it." She took the book and kept it under the counter. Min Ho and his friends then finished their meeting and went on their own.  

As his driver was driving, suddenly, a loud bang was heard then another. His driver had to stop at the corner. They went out to check and found out the tyres of their car punctured.  They were flat to the ground. People started to gather around and they noticed Min Ho. Girls began to pack up and crowded him. It was suffocating. He prayed that his agency would quickly send another car and in the mean time he had to attend to his fans. His driver alone couldn't help him out. 

His prayer was answered, his driver told him that a friend of his had their car just around the corner and sent his manager and driver to assist Min Ho driver to go to his car. After much effort, Min Ho finally entered and smiled.

"Thank you Man!" He said to Yoon Si Yoon.

"It's alright. I can understand your situation. Shin Hye asked me to help you out. " Si Yoon pointed to the back of his van. Min Ho turned in his surprise to see Shin Hye sitting at the back giving him a friendly and yet mutual smile. 

 

 

"My duties.... oh my duties.. where is my owner.... my pages yearn for your stare..."