Testing the water...

The strong strings

After grabbing Shi Yoon's script for his drama, his manager called the restaurant that they wanted to go to and asked for a private room and for private entrance. The restaurant seemed to understand the fact that they have been very discreet with famous people which made the the go-to restaurant for many celebs and well-known businessmant or coorparates.

Shin Hye fell into a heavy silence. She had lost of words of how to initiate a conversation and let alone with HIM who seemed very oblivious to her. 

Shi Yoon and Lee Min Ho were discussing about his script. Once in a while, he stole a glance to see what Shin Hye was doing. She fell asleep it seemed. She looked like an angel to him. 

****

Meanwhile... somewhere in Stardust entertainment.

"It seemed that a lot of the netizen and both parties' fans wanted them to date." Said Min Ho's manager.

"Is it really? That would just kill his career. We need to optimize our product. Female artistes can easily find any rich man and settle down but not for male artistes. " The other person countered. 

"I already try to block from  her side. It seemed that she understood what I conveyed. There were no moves from her sides. Although, I did notice that Min Ho is now suffering slightly. He had problems sleeping and he seemed hollow." Reported Min Ho's manager further.

"Shin Hye's always good at heart and she would never wish to harm others. I am happy that she complies but being in love can turn someone into a loon as well. Is Min Ho showing interests in her?" Asked the other person. 

"Initially I thought it was his profound excitement to have his co-star younger than his but I am feeling rather unsure now. I caught him several times without any initiation of topics to address slightest info just about her which starts to alarm me and this could misled his fans which is our biggest patron." His manager informed.

"We need to be more cautious. This happened before and our company will suffer." The other person said. "Do what you can to stop it."

"Yes.. Boss.." with that Min Ho's manager left their CEO office.

Just as he was about to leave the office, Min Ho's manager's  phone rang.

"Tell me?" 

"What? How did he ended up going with them? It was just supposed to be them." His voice raged. "I see.. release that interview. Make sure one of her friends sees it and she shall see it to or  pay someone to put the attention to her."As he shut his phone, he gave an uncomforting yet satisfactory smile. 

*****

"Ya..... this is it!!!" Shi Yoon said excitedly. He sat next to Lee Min Ho. Shin Hye sat directly across them. 

"Order what you want. It's on me!" She offered. She immediately took out her cell phone. Min Ho saw the screen saver. It was the big owl that she used to warm her hands during their filming. He smiled. Shin Hye noticed that, she quickly flipped her cell phone and took the menu. Min Ho smiled more seeing her shy reaction. She was never like that when they first met again for their drama filming. She was all playful and open until the kissing scene. The kiss was his confession of his feelings...

After the waitress took their order, Shi Yoon remembered that Shin Hye was looking for her misplaced thing. He suddenly had the urge to ask. "Shin Hye Ya.. what did you misplaced?"

"A book that I am reading currently." She answered briefly which was weird to Shi Yoon as the Shin Hye he knew is very bubly. 

"What kind of book is it?" He continued to ask. Min Ho just listened and surfed the internet and checked his SNS.

"It's the new book being reccommended by the shop, "The Red Strings.' I read about 20 pages of it. Quite profounding." She explained half heartedly. "Now, I can't even read it as I have no idea where I placed it. Sigh.. It was the last copy at the shop," She felt frustrated.

"I know that book! I wanted to read it so much but I still have about a stack of new book from my last travel to be read. I would have borrowed it from you if you didn't lose it." Shi Yoon exclaimed.

"Oppa! You need to buy it and own it." Shin  Hye started to warm it. "Ottokaji? I need to track it first. I'm going to the toilet first. I'll be back."

"You better be! Or else you're paying for my Gym membership." Shi Yoon joked. Shin Hye smiled at him. As Shin Hye left, Shi Yoon turned his attention to Lee Min Ho who seemed busy reply messages through his phone." Busy?"

"Not really just replying some messages." Min Ho answered and placed his phone in his pocket.

"I've never seen Shin Hye this shy with her co-star. That kid has grown up." Shi Yoon uttered.

"Really? Was she not with you? Did she turned weird after you had kissing scene with her?" Min Ho asked.

"It was for a moment but she out grew it quickly and things were fine. I wonder..." Before Shi Yoon continued. Min Ho phone rang. He took it out and saw his manager's name on the screen.

"Excuse me hyung, I need to answer this." He politely informed Shi Yoon. 

While letting Min Ho talked to his manager, Shi Yoon surfed the internet. He went to read any new articles posted and found one of his fans shared a new article for Daily Sports about Min Ho. He thought by reading it they might have something good to converse about. 

He was reading Min Ho's recent article when Min Ho nudged him a bit. "What are you reading hyung:" He asked. Shi Yoon just showed Min Ho his phone. "Oh that interview."

"I also think the same of Shin Hye. She's very comfortable to have around. Like a younger sister which I never had. She always brigthen my day whenever we met. Her brother must have love her a lot. She's a cheerful person." Shi Yoon said.

"Dongsaeng?" Min Ho looked confuse. Apparently, Shin Hye was at the door. She was frozen at the door upon hearing what Shi Yoon said. Min Ho looked at her in a confused state as well. He grabbed Shi Yoon's phone and skimmed through the article. 

"Oh.. I forgot my bag" Shin Hye stammered and quickly went out of the room. 

"Such a klutz that girl. Her bag is right here. She's always like this." Shi Yoon laughed.

Comprehending the situation, Min Ho began to stand up. "You don't have to help her. She'll figure it out. " Shi Yoon laughed a little.

"I need to go to the toilet as well." He lied. He needed to explain something to Shin Hye. He himself was hurt when he read what he had said and  what had been printed.