The family that matters...

The strong strings

Shin Hye was helping her mother with the preparation for Min Ho's family to come by that day. Even though her mother told her that she needed to get ready and look proper, Shin Hye couldn't bear the idea of letting her mom work all by herself. Her brother was busy helping her dad to set up the dining table and the living room. 

Shin Hye remembered that Min Ho made a call two nights ago after dinner. She was busy sorting things out for her flight to Hong Kong. Miu Miu brand had chosen her to be one of the representatives to wear their dress. 

"Yomseayou Oppa." Shin Hye answer amidst putting things in her luggage.

"Yoeboooooo~~~" Min Ho tried to sound aegyo to Shin Hye.

"Chakgi~~~~" Shin Hye replied with aegyo which ended up with her laughing with Min Ho as well.

"I miss you a lot.. more and more and more...." He told her the truth.

"Me? Honestly.... as well... I miss you more and more and more..." She replied.

"That's really good to know. We should take this thing faster..." Min Ho suggested.

"Ya! We have family to consider... let's do it properly Oppa." Shin Hye said.

"You're right! My very wise girl is always right and that's why I love you more than anything..." MIn Ho said further.

"Are you comparing me with things now?" Shin Hye protested. Since they had been together, Shin Hye noticed that Min Ho choice of words can be really unexpected but Shin Hye knew what he meant. She smiled to this and she knew MIn Ho was panicking on the other side.

"I meant... I love you beyond myself?" He was trying hard. Shin Hye laughed at him. "Ya!" He realized that his girl was playing with him. "Shin Hye, this  Saturday we are coming to visit you and .... discuss about us." He said excitedly.

"Chungmal? I need to inform Omma and Appa." She said as she turned around and went out of her room to meet her parents who were at their family room watching Tv.

"Omma Appa... Min Ho Oppa and his parents are coming this Saturday." She announced. Min Ho heard her as well and loved the fact that she sounded excited.

"Really? That fast? Min Ho is one impatient guy," He heard her brother commented. Shin Hye rolled her eyes to her brother.

"Hyung! You would be too if you love someone." Shin Hye defended her namja chingu. 

"I love you!" Min ho shouted on his end and forgot that Shin Hye was still with her family. Her family looked at her upon hearing what MIn Ho had said, Shin Hye blushed and ran back to her room.

"Ya! Why did you say that aloud. My family was there too!" she said shyly.

"Let them be the witness. It's a practice." Min Ho claimed proudly. 

Shin Hye smiled remembering their conversation. She couldn't believe in a short amount of time, things are happening between them. Her mother who was aware with her daughter being giddy couldn't help but address Shin Hye, "I can see someone is finally in cloud nine!" Her mother . Shin Hye blushed shyly. "Ya! How can you still be this shy? I blame your dad for dotting so much on you." Her mom continued as they worked on the food preparation. "Kende... Shin Hye, I was wondering did you and Min Ho ..." Shin Hye looked at her mom and stopped working on the vegetables trying to interpret what her mom was trying to say, " .. ever... you know?" Shin Hye who was innocent did not seem to understand what her mom was trying to ask her until her mom pouted her lips. 

"OMMA!" Shin Hye protested. She was uncomfortable discussing about such thing. 

"Awh.. You're such an old lady." Her mom further. "But I am glad you are this way Shin Hye. Think of how many mothers I have met worried how their daughter so easily give themselves to a man who they assume would love them. Let them think we are old thinking but there are a lot of benefits to it. One thing for sure it doesn't complicate our life as much." Her mother finally pointed out her thinking. Shin Hye smiled at her mother. In fact, she herself was glad that she took guard of herself well. She couldn't bear to watch giving her parents such heartache.  She felt rather sentimental all of a sudden.

"Omma, remember, we used to do this a lot... I miss our moments." Shin Hye felt a sudden sadness and teary. If all goes well that night, soon she would be with someone who she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. 

"Ya! Don't make me all teary now! I'm cooking! I need the food to be impressive for your in-laws!" Her mom scolded her.

Shin Hye was chocked with her mother's dedication. She stopped cutting the vegetables and ran to her mom and hugged her from behind. "Thank You Omma. Saranghae." Her mother stopped for a while savouring the moment with her daughter.

"I love you too dear!" Her mom replied and turned around and kiss Shin Hye's fore head.

"Be a good wife to your husband later and be a good daughter to your in law." Shin Hye's mom adviced.