The aftermath...

The strong strings

Min Ho looked at the busy street from his apartment. He looked at it blankly. His mother and father were out to visit relatives whilst his sister was out for the day as well. He sipped his coffee slowly and placed it on the small table next to his favourite chair. He slowly sat down. 

He remembered the wonderful night. Just him and her. Just being them nothing more. Just talking about them, getting to know each other but it was like they have known each other for a thousand years already. Able to finish off each other's thought but like they promised each other, that was the only night they can be together.

From a far, he could see a huge Holika-holika's poster of Shin Hye's Good Cera advertisement. Such a perfect person she was. She seemed so near but the truth was, she was out of his reach. Feeling melancholic, Min Ho closed his eyes and slowly leaned further into his comforting chair. Offering him some relief that he needed. He tried so hard to think of other things but everything seemed to remind him of her. Slowly, tired from his sleepless night, he drifted to sleep.

"Oppa!" He heard her voice. "Wake up Oppa!" Her sweet voice serenading his air.

Min Ho slowly opened his eyes, he saw her beautiful face full of radiance and beaming with happiness greeting him. "You promised we'll talk." She said.

Min Ho sat up straight. Shin Hye sat in front of him. Slowly taking both of his hands and kissed them. "Wae?" Min HO asked confused of Shin Hye's behaviour.

"Oppa, after this, you have to forget that we have ever thought of spending time with each other." Shin Hye said softly.

"No! You cannot leave me!" Min Ho protested. He broke off the hand-holding. Shin Hye threw herself to him to hold him down from moving away.

"Oppa! You have to listen to me first. Understand me if you really have feelings for me the way I do for you." Shin Hye begged. Min Ho stopped moving, he turned around to see Shin Hye's face, sadness and unbearable for Min Ho to face. 

"Don't cry... I'll try..." He said slowly settling himself next to her and hugged her shoulder.

"Oppa... I know this is hard for you to accept, not much nor less for me either but if you ever falter I promise I shall be strong for both of us. I promise I will be the one who run away from you and I promise I will try my best so that you won't get hurt." Shin Hye continued heavily. Min Ho could hear her breaking into tears while she spoke her mind. 

"Shin Hye..." Min Ho wanted to cut in.

"Listen to me Oppa..." Shin Hye insisted. Min Ho slowly nodded his head.

"Later on when you send me home, it's a re-set of our lives. We will pretend we have never thought of this... We need to be strong to do so. You are the pillar of your family, agency and fans. I am also like that." She explained slowly. "This is not easy, if I were just a normal girl, maybe I can easily decide this. I want to be selfish too by having you with me but we both know there were so many at stakes. We both know that there will be huge consequences. We both know, once we are broken we could probably not mend anymore. It will be harder for us and people around us." She weighed.

"Shin Hye... Don't sacrifice yourself..." Min Ho pleaded. "We can be together and still be on the top!" He tried to convince her.

"Oppa... This is the first time... the first time... I felt that a love would do anything and make me go through any barrier but at the same time... I cannot fathom the idea that your career would also suffer. Let's just enjoy the night tonight. As of tomorrow, you and I are of mutual engagement until things are clear and better." Shin Hye explained with teary eyes. "Let's get to know each other tonight. We'll talk as if we were best friends having a slumber night. I want this night to be innocent and yet special for both of us." Shin Hye continued.

"Shin Hye... to be honest, if I were to let off my guard, I would, so you know that I have marked you but my feelings for you is so pure that I do not want to be the reason that ruin you and tainted you. You are priceless to me. My love for you is filled with respects. I know I can be very playful and to some extent some people think that everytime I meet a woman all I want to do is make her to just fill my time but I don't." He confessed his thought. "Yes, I did in the past fell in and out of love but what I felt for you is yet a different kind of love. A love that I want to treasure for the rest of my life. I will respect what your wishes are." Min Ho continued to express his feelings. "I will try my hardest to refrain myself from breaking this promise." He continued,"Thank you for letting me have this unforgettable night."

"Oppa.. whatever your past is your past, I have no intention to take that into account. You have every right to do as what your heart tell you to do so. If we never were meant to be together..." Shin Hye broke off. Min Ho used his hand to cover her lips from continuing but Shin Hye fought it off, "... please have a beautiful relationship with her and honour her with all your heart and cherish her and make her your only queen. I promise you that she will in return make you the king of the world."

He immediately hugged her and both of them cried as much as they wanted.

Min Ho felt tears flowing on to his cheeks. He opened his eyes. His heart was in pain. He needed to be strong. He needed to honour their promises.

"How can you be so cool saying things like that..." He whispered. "I know you are hurting..." He went to his bed and just laid there for a while before deciding to go for a jog.

*****

The weather was nice, the breeze was welcoming and motivating. Exercising somewhat helped him feel a tad better than he was. It helped him to clear his head. He tried to think forward of his coming project. He needed to look and feel better before he began his new movie project.

He stopped in front of the lake of the park where he was jogging. It was a lovely view. He sat down to enjoy it. He was deep in thought.

 

It seemed so near...

I was able to hold you for not so long...

Despite knowing you will probably be gone forever...

It is a risk I had to take to just have that one night...

It was worth for my heart's turmoil...