Scrutinized... Together we stand.. Or sit ... For that matter?

The strong strings

The situation got heavier and serious. Shin Hye was scared of her father as she was very close to him rather than her mother. She felt like she had just disappointed her father. She tried to peek at her dad's facial expression, he was giving a hard expression. 

'Ottoke? Ottoke?'  she asked herself panicking. She stole a peek at Min Ho, he was of similar situation as hers. Min Ho was probably feeling the same as well. Everybody was quiet, unable to utter anything as to how ridiculous the situation it was.

'Min Ho ssi...' finally Shin Hye's father addressed. 'I think you are rushing this situation. Don't you agree Mr. Lee?" Shin Hye's father asked for an agreement.

"Neh... I think so too. I think we all need to discuss this thoroughly." Min Ho's father agreed.

Min Ho was rather uncomfortable hearing the elders decision. He felt like their fathers were going to split them apart. He immediately bowed to both sides of the elders.

'Waegare?" said both fathers seeing his reaction.

'Appa..  Mr. Park... Please... Listen to us...' Min Ho begged.

'Min Ho!" His father scolded him. 

"Appa .. Please! Just listen... I don' t think ..." before Min Ho could finish his words, his father scolded him again. Shin Hye realising that the situation wouldn't progress anywhere took an action.

"Forgive me Mr. Lee, this is partly my fault too." she begged forgiveness. "Appa.. Forgive me... Forgive us... " she begged for both of them. " please allow me to talk to Min Ho ssi just for one bit." Shin Hye begged. Both of their mothers understood and calmed down their husbands. 

"Discuss properly and wisely dear, just go to his room." Min Ho's mother directed her. She was rather a soft spoken mother and seemed to approve her son's choice. Min Ho mother smiled warmly at Shin Hye.

"Thank you Ommoni.." Shin Hye thanked her and bowed. She slowly gestured to Min Ho to go with her.

Immediately, as they entered Min Ho's room, Min Ho hugged her tightly from behind. He sobbed, " Shin Hye, don't leave me alone!" 

She softly held his hands and let him hugged her. She knew better that she needed to be the bigger person here. She needed to be wise about the situation. 

"Oppa..." she said in a genteel manner. "listen to me..." she slowly turned her body to face him. She calmly smiled at him although her eyes were already teary. She slowly cupped his face and used her thumbs to wiped his tears. "Don't cry! Iam not leaving you. But we have to be strong here. We need to prove to our parents that we are mature and wise." Shin Hye explained.  Min Ho hugged her and rested his head on her head as he was taller than her. He smelt her hair  to gain composure of his unstable emotions at that moment."kenchana?" Shin Hye asked worried about him.

Min Ho looked at her and finally smiled and nodded. He led her to his bed and they sat on the floor near his bed. Min Ho still wouldn't let go of her hand. 

"Oppa... Let's just listen to our parents first. For me it is important to respect their views and we will work from there on. We can't just assume blindly and I am pretty sure what they will say to us have some senses in it," Shin Hye fought her tears as she said these words.

Min Ho inhaled in."I guess you are right... I'm sorry for being rash just now." Min Ho apologized.

"Kenchana Oppa... That's what make you attractive to my eyes," Shin Hye admitted shyly. 

Min Ho smiled to Shin Hye's confession. Day by day Shin Hye had finally opened up to him and was more comfortable to admit her attraction to him. As oppose to Min Ho who was very direct in how he felt about his Shin Hye. 

Min Ho's father happened to pass by Min Ho room heard his son and Shin Hye's conversation. He felt warm upon hearing how calm and collective as well as wise Shin Hye was. He knew better how at times his son could be very rash and clumsy when he was excited or passionate about certain matters. He somehow felt safe to let his son be with Shin Hye. He could see how well raised as a woman Shin Hye was. This made him smile a tad. 

"Chakgi?" Min Ho's mother could be heard outside Min Ho's room. 

Min Ho stood up and checked outside his room. He saw his father with a serious face.

"If you're done please go to the living room." His father said strictly. Min Ho obediently agreed with his father.

"Let's go..." He asked Shin Hye who was already standing up behind him. They both head to the living room. Both seemed weak in their walks as if they were going to face their death row. 

Both parents sat adjacent to Shin Hye and Min Ho. Both Min Ho and Shin Hye were unable to lift their faces up. Shin Hye held her own hands tightly. So did Min Ho.

"Mr. Park.. let me just apologize for my son's irrational rashness. I am truly sorry." Min Ho's father bowed to Shin Hye's father.

"Eh? No no no... I apologize for my daugther's behaviour. She shamelessly come here without proper introduction." Shin Hye's father apologized. Both tried to bow to one another and topped each other's apologies for their children's disgracefulness. 

"Kenchana... we all can agree now ... we acknowledge them..." Min Ho's mother said in a wise voice. Shin Hye's mother nodded in agreement. Both of their fathers sat down seemingly calm now.

"If I may" Shin Hye's father asked for permission to Min Ho's father to talk, " Why didn't both of you properly discuss with us?" He asked diplomatically. 

"Min Ho.. answer Mr. Park!" Min Ho's father ordered.

"Erm..."Min Ho seemed speechless as the situation was rather tense.

"Shin Hye?" Shin Hye's father asked. "Why didn't you tell us about this?" He changed his attention to his daugther.

"Appa... please forgive me er... us... Remember... you said you would rather die than seeing me date Min Ho?" She answered her father.

Her father was rather surprised with her respond and was a bit embarrassed to Min Ho's father upon hearing that response.  "Eh... when did I?"He asked.

"Ah... This is embarassing Chakgi...." Shin Hye's mother tried to save the situation. "You see.."She tried to help explain to Min Ho's parents. "There was this scene... where they had to kiss. Usually her co-stars would just press their lips as that is in her contract but Min Ho ssi's kiss was rather affectionate. So he had that reaction... you know protective father." She explained sheepishly. 

"I apologize Mr. Park! At that time, I was unable to control myself. I was already in love with Shin Hye. She didn't get me when I tried to give hints to her. So my passion was over my logic," Min Ho bowed and explained.

Shin Hye's father inhaled and looked at Min Ho's father. 

"Like I told you Mr. Park... He can be like this. But don't worry, I have not seen him kiss any of his co-stars that passionately. I knew he was already attracted to her. I can also understand why. You have brought up your daugther very well and it is quite rare to meet someone like her who is very compassionate, caring, wise and compose at times like this. I can see why because she has got real good parents." Min Ho's father explained as he smiled to Shin Hye.

"I don't want to feel burdened here." Shin Hye's father said, "As a father, I am very worried as to who will my daugther be with. If possible, I want her to be happy for the rest of her life. For me, it is important for her man to be very wise and mature." Her father explained.

"Chakgi... "Shin Hye's mother wanted to protest.

"But... to see how passionate your son is and to the extend to want to rush to marry her. I can understand as I did the same thing to Shin Hye's Omma." Shin Hye's father explained. Shin Hye's mom blushed seeing how her husband remembered their past. 

"Ommo... ya... so that's why your dad locked you up?" Min Ho's mother voiced out her thought.

"ya! Shhh... the children are here!" Shin Hye's said to Min Ho's mom.

"Ottoke?" Both Shin Hye and Min Ho said as they pointed to each other's mother.