Chapter 19

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo stood still in place not able to reply to her. He was not going to leave Suzy to deal with the mess that just happened and he understood why it was the best. For a few moments they just stood looking at each other, adjusting to the fact that what just happened, will change their life forever.

Taking a deep breath and shaking his head free of all the thoughts and doubts, Myungsoo took one step forward to her with a smile and looked into her eyes. "No, Suzy. I'm not going to leave you here for her. I'm not going anywhere but to you. Only to you." His thumb carresing her cheeks. His touch was gentle, loving. Then he pulled Suzy into a hug. "It's okay, Suzy... I've got you." His warm and comforting voice soothed Suzy.

"Myungsoo..." 

Myungsoo heard Suzy whispered his name brokenly, her emotionless mask unsustainable. "Yes, baby?" He stood still, stiff, anticipating what she was going to say next.

“Do you think what I think?” Suzy whispered.

He looked at her, but he wouldn't have been able to reply to her to that without lying. Myungsoo opted not to answer her. “What do you mean?"

Suzy looked up at him. “I have a feeling that....that boy is your son, Myungsoo. Your son. I’m very sure. You and her....” Suzy’s voice trembled.

Myungsoo grabbed a hold on Suzy’s shoulder, “Shush….baby, don’t say ridiculous things like that. Just because that boy is Gyuri's son and looked like me, doesn’t mean he’s my son.” Myungsoo chuckled. He said with as much confidence as possible. He was trying to ease the tension, trying to keep himself from running to the direction that Gyuri went; to look for her and ask her the question himself.

Now confusion merged with the already lost look in her eyes. “Then why would Gyuri acted strange when she realised it was you who holding her son?”

Myungsoo shrugged. “I didn’t know. We didn’t know who the father is to the boy. So, don’t jump into conclusions yet. Hey, we have a flight to catch, remember? Let's go now.” Myungsoo smiled at her trying to act cool, but deep inside his heart.... only God knows. The beating of his heart is drumming so loud. 'What the hell is happening?' He ran his fingers through his hair.

Suzy eyed Myungsoo. No matter how hard he tried, feigned his confident smile, he still cannot hide his nervous. 'You are lying, Myungsoo. I know we think the same way.'  Suddenly her head felt heavy and the floor was spinning slowly underneath her. "I want to go home." Suzy whispered.

“Suzy...”

“Let’s... just go home.”

Feeling defeated, "Of course, baby. If you say so. Let’s go home. It will take time for our driver to make a turn and come back here to pick us up, so let’s just take the airport limo. Okay?"

Suzy nodded. Myungsoo repositions his arm so it's wrapped around Suzy's waist while they walk. As they walked towards the exit, Myungsoo realized that he needs to inform the airport authority and the captain of their flight about the cancellation of their private jet.

Suzy stopped walking as she felt Myungsoo's hand pulled away from her back. "What is it Myungsoo?"

"Suzy, I need to inform the captain about the cancellation of the flight. Can you wait here for just a minute? I promise I'll hurry."

She nodded. She watched as Myungsoo rushed back down the hallway leaving her alone. Leaving her alone with her feelings.

'That boy is his son.That boy is his son.That boy is his son.'

The words echoed repeatedly in her head. She leaned against the wall and closed her eyes, but quickly snapped them back open as she was assaulted with images of Gyuri and her son in Myungsoo's arms. She struggled to keep her tears in as she thought about Gyuri, about the little boy and about Myungsoo.  Suzy felt trapped, like she was suffocating. Her legs started to tremble. She was breathing hard. Fighting nausea. She didn't know how long she was there alone until Myungsoo came back running down the hall towards her.

"Suzy?"

"Myungsoo." She called out to him. She needed the comfort that only Myungsoo can provide. Myungsoo puts his arms around Suzy's waist and pulled her towards him. Suzy held onto Myungsoo desperately as though she was afraid Myungsoo would disappear.

"I'm here. I'm not going anywhere Suzy." He felt her nodded into his chest. "Suzy, I know this is hard." He her hair. "But nothing to be worried about."

"I need to go home. please." She attempted to push away from him, however, his arms remained firmly encasing her.

"Suzy, remember, I love you." In alignment with his words, his embrace tightened. His voice sounded lightly in her ears, his breath warm on the side of her face.

Both o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter