Chapter 9

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was still dark outside when Myungsoo opened his eyes. He turned his head to the person lying next to him. Suzy’s arm on his chest. Suzy shifted in her sleep and snuggled closer. A dozen little expressions flittered across her face as her dream played itself out then she settled back to sleep. Looking so peaceful. He smelled a good scent, it was from her hair. Myungsoo pulled up his blanket to her shoulder, covering her body and pushed away her hair from her face. She’s so beautiful. He didn’t want take his eyes off her. His eyes traced to contours of Suzy's face, taking in the smooth arcs that looped into her eyes, the sloping lines that created , the solid shape that formed her nose. 'I love her. More than a friend!' The thought hit him like a mallet on the head. His heartbeat quickened. He brushed out the hair that covered her forehead and pressed a kiss. Suzy opened her eyes and blinked twice, half awake. Still looking down on her, Myungsoo leaned in and kissed her soft lips, his hands moving down her back, feeling her body react again.

Unconsciously,  Suzy slipped her arm under Myungsoo’s neck, returning the kiss. Suzy moaned when she felt Myungsoo’s hand touch her skin. It was gentle, loving; the kind of slow caress - which generally led to other activities, jolting her wide awake in an instant. “What are you doing?" She asked.

Myungsoo kissed her forehead gently before gazing into her eyes again. "Good morning to you too, love." He said, smiling.

His words brushed across her cheek and made her shiver, curling into his touch like a feline being . Suzy was shocked once more at her own body’s reaction to her. "Why are you in my bed?” she whispered when she saw Myungsoo was staring at her. Her voice full of the confusion she felt. Her heart skipping a beat or two.

“I’m watching you asleep.” Myungsoo said gently as he played the bangs on her forehead. "I remember you drank only a little last night but you were like dead to the world during the movie." He said, smiling sweetly to her. His eyes flicked to her lips remembering the feel of her lips on his.

“What were we doing?” Suzy said as she sat up and away from Myungsoo, arms crossed protectively over her chest, faced him.

Myungsoo sat up and relaxed his back against the headboard, smiling at her. “I would've thought that obvious, even to you.” Then he laughed.

Suzy hopped off the bed and glared at him. “What's that supposed to mean?”

“Just that you have limited experience.”

Suzy looked at him. “Yes, I admit to that. None actually.”

Myungsoo's face went slack, with his mouth slightly open,  “Really? I thought you and . . . what's his name . . .”

“Nope. We got very close and then his roommate unexpectedly came home a day early from a business trip.”

“Yoseob”

“It was.” Suzy gave him a weak smile, thankful that he wasn't judging or asking her ton of questions.

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows. That little bit of knowledge made him feel better. He moistened his lips. “Why didn't you tell me?”

Myungsoo saw her flush and she looked away. “No, thank you. It's not something I want to share with you.” Suzy frowned and gave him a pointed look before walked past him headed for the bathroom.

Myungsoo can’t hold his laugh anymore. He couldn't help but be amused. "I can't believe this!"

Suzy turned at the bathroom door to face him, meeting his gaze. “I am not discussing with you about this." Her face flamed red. Her black eyes were hard. She swore she saw Myungsoo looking at her with rare grin.

"Aww, come on, Suzy.  There's nothing to embarrass about this." He crossed the few feet separating them and stood in front of her looking into her eyes. "I'm glad." He murmured and leaned in a little bit. "Afraid to be alone with me?" He teased, with another smirk.

Suzy rolled her eyes. "Will you excuse me?" Suzy was about to walk into the bathroom when....  "Crap!" Myungsoo suddenly shouted.

Suzy turned to face him again. "What?" She paused with one leg in and one out.

"Clearly we're going to have to rush this wedding." Myungsoo said.

“And why is that so?”

“Because you deserved a traditional wedding night.” He laughed again and went to sit on the edge of the bed.

Suzy walked over to him. “What?! Just because I'm a ? Have you been reading romance novels again?”

“What?! No. I don't read romance novels. How could you say such a hurtful thing?” Myungsoo's eyes widened at Suzy's words, meeting her gaze frowningly.

Suzy glared at him.

“That was once. In college. To see what all the fuss was about. Besides it was the only book in the bathroom.”

“Sure it was.” Suzy rolled her eyes playfully. Then she sighed. “We've gotten off topic.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter