Chapter 37

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey." Kai said with the most charming smile on his face, when Suzy opened the door. “Here,” Kai said, awkwardly ing the bouquet of red and yellow roses toward Suzy.

"Oh Kai, you don't have to buy me flowers.” Suzy said, reached out tentatively, fingers twitching when they brush over Kai’s around the stems. She holds them to her nose, eyes closing involuntarily as she takes a deep breath, humming in appreciation as a serene smile settles on her lips. “They’re beautiful. Thanks.”

Kai looked for some sign of recognition, even unconscious, but Suzy’s face shows nothing; he wasn’t expecting it, really. "Ready to go now?"

"Mmm.., let’s go." Suzy replied and walked out of her apartment shutting the door behind her.

While they were in the lift, Kai then said, "I don't think I told you, you look real pretty tonight."

Lifting up her head, Suzy looked at him and he was rewarded with her dazzling smile. "I know." And they start laughing. "Hey Kai, you too look good tonight."

Kai smirked in response. 'This was a good sign.' He thought.

"Where are we going?" Asked Suzy, when they reached to his parked car. 

Kai opened the car door for her. "Is there anywhere in particular you want to go? I can take you there." He asked, looking at her.

"No. Not really. Whatever you've got planned will be more than fine with me." Suzy replied as she slid in the car.

"In that case, it's a surprise." He said smiling that devilish little smile of his and pushed the car door closed for her.

 As Kai drove, Suzy kept trying to get hints at what she could possibly be surprised with.

"Uh..." Kai stalled. "If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise." He glanced at Suzy. "You never know what's coming for you." Kai wondered if Suzy knew how nervous he was just being around her tonight.

"Touché." Suzy had smiled a bit before frowning again. "At least give me a hint." Suzy begged.  "Pleeease?"

Kai grinned. "Okay, but before that, we're going for our dinner first. How about western food for tonight's dinner?"

"Sure. No problem with me." Suzy nodded.

Kai stopped his car in front of a small, cozy restaurant almost hidden in a less Tokyo City street. It was almost empty, except for another couple and a lonely man eating in a corner. They chose a nice table by the window. The tables were covered with checkered red and white tablecloths. A waiter walked to them, greeted them politely and put two menus before walking away to let them decide what to order.

"This is my favorite place to eat western food. I hope you will like it too." Kai said. He observed Suzy's face for any signs of disapproval or discontent as she opened the menu and started reading it. 'She is so damn beautiful tonight.' Kai took a long breath and closed his eyes when exhaled. He had everything he really had ever wanted… he just had to remind himself of that. When he opened his eyes, he smiled. Today, of all days was the time for him to celebrate everything he’d gained. He thought intently as he fiddled with the menu. "So what you want to eat tonight?"

When he received no reply from her, he looked at her over his menu. "Suzy, You're staring at the menu."

"Oh." Suzy cleared an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter