Chapter 29

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suzy's mind had been restless from the second she lost the sight of her apartment building from the cab she was sitting in. The memory of of their last moment together played in her head again for the hundredth time and as she remembered their last kiss, the lingering feeling of his lips on hers, and she cannot think straight anymore. Was it the right decision? Was she going to regret it? Was she right to let him go? Can she really live without him by her side? And what if she just thrown away her last chance to be truly happy? She closed her eyes and shook her head as she blamed the lack of sleep and being emotional for the past few days for the unwelcome questions invading her mind once again. For the  thousandth time she convinced herself of what she was doing was right and who she was doing it for.

Standing in front of grandpa Kim Jaehon's graveyard, Suzy kept her face to the breeze, savoring the touch of the morning wind. She had no more tears to shed. She was numb. Unfeeling.

“Grandpa, I have to tell you that I'm leaving. I’m sorry. I could not take care of Myungsoo anymore as I promised to you. I wish I could be stronger for him, but I have no strength left. He has his family now. A wife and his own son." The sense of jealousy-tinged sadness that swept over her was so intense it almost brought her to her knees.

Despite the sadness in her heart, she tried to put on a smile when she spoke. "I know you’re up there watching over me. I know you’re up there, listening to every word I'm saying." She spoke slowly.  "Thank you for making my dreams came true even for a while. I have to go now, grandpa. I’ll come and visit you again sometimes later, okay.” Suzy said as she laid a single white rose down on the grave and turned to the waiting cab.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Suzy walked into the entrance of the airport pushing her suitcase on a luggage trolley. She was not in hurry. She had another one and a half hour before her departure.

'Seriously, what am I doing here? '

She didn't know why she did what she did.

Suzy looked around in the airport. And then, she asked again to herself: 'What am I seriously doing here?'

She walked to the departure hall, but her heart left in pieces in each steps. She felt like dying inside, but she forced herself to keep walking. What she hadn’t told Myungsoo was she had no intention of letting him go. Myungsoo had to find out who he really wanted. Park Gyuri was his love before her and they have a son together. But if it was her, Suzy was ready to fight until the end. Suzy didn’t want to lose him.

Not at all.

But....

Drying her tears up, Suzy straightened her spine and walked away, preparing for the endless days that awaited her.

She was already missing Myungsoo dearly.

The big clock at one side of the airport showed almost one o’clock in the afternoon. Suzy realized that she didn’t take her breakfast this morning, no wonder she felt so hungry. She checked her ticket and searched for the counter to check in. She was the fifth person in the queue, but it didn’t matter to her.

After she got her ticket checked-in, she pushed her trolley and after few meters away suddenly she felt her surroundings getting blurry. She kept her hold on the trolley handle tight.

“Hello miss, are you okay? Do you need any help?”

A voice came from behind her back. With difficulty Suzy turned to look at him and nodded. “Yes. Yes. I’m fine. Thank you. Maybe because I’ve been standing for too long.”

The man smiled at her. “Well, in that case you better find a seat first. You don't look well. Take a rest for few minutes okay?”

“Yes. I will. Thanks again.” She replied with a soft smile.

The man nodded and continued his walk in the direction of departure hall.

Suzy inhaled all the air that could fit into her lungs and held it for a moment. She exhaled slowly and sighed heavily, her heart weighing down like a stone.

'I can do this!' Suzy gripped the flight ticket tightly in her hand.

Slowly, she walked up the steps pushing her trolley and entered the departure hall and didn't look back again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The one and half hour flight to Tokyo seemed very long for Suzy, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter