Chapter 25

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Bye love, I'll see you later." Myungsoo said kissing Suzy's forehead.

"Drive carefully." Suzy said. They smiled at each other before Myungsoo left for work.

After grabbing a cup of coffee, she went into her painting room, the place where she comes to draw, paint, sculpt, or do anything else creative to free her mind. She grabbed a paintbrush. Once the red color touched the white canvas, she was in her zone.

The doorbell rang, breaking her from her thoughts. 'Did he forget something?' Suzy wondered.

She wiped her hands that were stained with paint on her sweats. Jogging to the door, she had a soft smile on her face and she opened it, being greeted by...

"Suzy." The other person smiled slightly at the shocked expression on Suzy's face.

“Gyuri.” Her heart started beating uncontrollably. "My husband is at work.” Suzy managed to spit, her eyes locked on hers with a deathly glare. Suzy stared at her while trying to pinpoint the source of her nervousness. She knew nothing good will comes out of Gyuri's visit today. Well, if she was starting to think that nothing would surprise her any more, she had been dead wrong.

Gyuri raised an eyebrow, tilted her head to one side. “Myungsoo WAS your husband."  She reminded Suzy. "I’m here to see you by the way.”

Something caught her mind, and with a confused but curious expression on her face, she asked Gyuri. “How did you come up here? Who brought you here?” Suzy asked.

“I’m Kim Myungsoo’s wife, remember?” She flashed a copy of her marriage certificate. "And the new security guard… he really is clueless." She added sarcastically. “You want to invite me in or you just want to talk here.”

Suzy just kept her anger inside and controlled. "Come in." Suzy opened the door wider and let her walk in.

“Thank you. I won’t be long here. There’s something I want to tell you.” Gyuri said as she walked in.

"Don't you want to sit first?" Suzy asked calmly.

"No need, I'm here to talk about something I should have done years ago. By now, it’s just getting back in hand,” Gyuri said, she looked like she meant business... serious business. And that was truly terrifying. 

“What the hell are you talking about?” Suzy managed, her impatience getting the lesser of her. 

“We’re talking....” Gyuri’s voice stretched out like she was speaking to a particularly dull child, “...about Kim Myungsoo and Kim Daehyun.” 

“Of course.” Suzy felt as if someone had slapped her. “What about them?” 

“Oh... don't pretend, Suzy. I know you know what we are talking about here.” Gyuri said with a tone that brooked no bull.

“Enlighten me.” Suzy's heart was pounding faster by the second.

Gyuri looked straight in her eyes without blinking. “No matter how hard for me to say this, I have to tell you. I will NOT sign the divorce paper. I’m not letting Myungsoo go again this time.” Her voice was firm and resolute.

Her words were like lightning hitting Suzy’s heart. Her body was shaking. The silence settled in heavily around them. Suzy closed her eyes, breathing in through her nose and keeping clamped tight. There was something about the tight space that made her feel like screaming. Was this real, or is all of this a dream?

 “How would you force Myungsoo to stay with you?” She managed to ask her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter