Chapter 40

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo was looking straight at her as if no time between them had passed at all. The same emotions swirled in his eyes and he gazed upon her as if there was no one else.

As if there could never be anyone else.

Myungsoo looked at the painting on the wall and then back to Suzy. He froze. Suzy was here after all this time.

Lips parting in surprise and rolling with a swallow. Myungsoo's gaze was on her face, and no matter how hard Suzy tried, she couldn't tear her eyes away. “Myungsoo.” Was the only word came out from her lips, loud enough for Kai to hear.

Hearing the name, made alarm bell ringng in Kai's head. He thought his eye was going to pop out of his head when he look at the man he was talking earlier. Kai came out from the back of counter and stood in front of Suzy, obviously blocking her from the man. He didn't have to guess at the man's identity. His hand circled the small waist as he leaned in.

“Suzy, take Yumi and go home. I'll meet you there.” Suzy could see Myungsoo across Kai shoulder. She saw how crumpled Myungsoo’s face looking at her when Kai hugged her by the waist.

Miyumi ran up behind her mother, clutching her leg looking scared. "Mummy." She called.

Myungsoo took three steps forward. He stared at her. Lost for words. "Suzy..."

“Go now.” Kai voice was loud enough for Myungsoo to hear.

“Wait...no, no, please don't go... please. I'm begging you. Just... can we just talk? ” He tensed, panics internally. His hands and legs were trembling.

“Suzy, listen to me this time." Kai said, almost a whisper. "Go now.” He said softly.

The sound of his voice washed over her body and infiltrated her senses. As if she's being hypnotized, Suzy scooped Yumi into her arms and do the only thing that she could do. She walked out from the shop even though she could hear Myungsoo yelling her name behind her, where he was most likely frozen at his spot, she didn't look back once.

Myungsoo can't believe Suzy just walked away from him. He tried to follow her but Kai stopped him by grabbing his wrist and the grip was so tight.  “I wouldn't do that if I were you.” Kai said firmly with a shake of his head. "And I meant it."

Myungsoo gasped and looked at Kai as if he told him something bad would happen if he try. He was stunned speechless. He can only watch Suzy and Miyumi walked out the door.  Miyumi's eyes were staring at him as her small hands clutched tightly at Suzy's neck when Suzy passed the glass wall. Myungsoo turned back to Kai and stared at him. "Stay out of this, this doesn't concern you. This is between Suzy and me.”

Never blinked his eyes, face completely expressionless, “And me.” Kai said simply. His grip on Myungsoo's hand tightened. And for once he seemed to be losing his control.

Myungsoo's face was concorted into shock. ‘This is not happening.’   “You cannot know what you are doing. Please, I beg you. Please let me see her. I need to talk her.”

Kai let go of his hand. “Trust me. I do know. That’s my family you’re talking about. So, please leave. She does not wish to see you again. She is happy now with her life.”

'His family?'

"Is she married? Are you saying you're her husband?"

Kai stiffened. He gritted his teeth.

Myungsoo immediately knew that he had hit a nerve. Myungsoo knew there was something there he didn't want him to know.

"Listen! Suzy doesn't wish to see you again." Kai said.

“Why don’t you answer me? Are you her husband to stop me from seeing her?” Myungsoo demanded. 

Kai quickly went through all the options in his mind. He could continue the lie, but that seemed it would not work very well anymore. He only stared at Myungsoo. There was fire in his eyes, and if looks could kill, Myungsoo was sure at that moment he would have needed resuscitation.

"I said Suzy doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter