Chapter 45

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Are you sure? You want me to stop doing this?" When he didn’t get any response from Suzy, he continued. “I’ll never let you go, Suzy. I just can’t.”

“I just want what’s best for you.” Suzy replied, looking up straight in his eyes.

"How can you say that, when being with you is what's best for me? If you're not with me, how is that what's best for me’?" Myungsoo asks despondently. "You're not even going to let me fight for you, fight for us? You've already given up before we've even had a chance to start fighting, Suzy," His voice laced with hurt.

“I have nothing left to fight for, Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo closed his eyes, and he breathed deeply a few times. He opened his eyes, "You have me, Suzy. Fight for me. Fight for our memories. Fight for our promises to stay together until the end."

Suzy watched him, waiting for the moment when Myungsoo tells her how horrible she was, how wretched she was for what she'd done to him. When Myungsoo’s eyes focus back on her, an emotion which Suzy don't recognize was there. But Myungsoo's questions were what really surprise her the most.

"Do you love him?" 

"Wh-what?"

"Do you love him, Suzy? Do you love that guy, do you want to be with him forever?" Myungsoo asked, almost desperate.

Suzy stared at him, clenching her teeth. There's no way she could tell him about her feelings about Kai, which were what bothered her most of all these days.

“Do you?" Myungsoo’s voice broke and he was fighting tears. A sharp pain pierced through his chest. "Do you love him like how you used to love me, Suzy?"

Suzy looked down at her lap, her mind a chaotic mess.  She looked up suddenly to meet Myungsoo's eyes when she heard sobs across from her. She never said anything. She don't want to say anything. She know her words would only betray her.

"Why won't you answer me?"  Tears leaked from the corners of Myungsoo’s eyes and he brushed them away angrily.  “Answer me, Suzy. Do you love him?” His words, desperate and needy. His pleading and begging words were like arrows in Suzy’s chest, hitting the mark of her heart and bleeding it dry.

And finally, Suzy recognized that unknown emotion swirling in Myungsoo’s eyes, jealousy. Jealousy over Kai for having her ‘love’.

Her eyes welling up. On the verge of tears. Knowing she was the one who broke him. "You don't know what you're asking, Myungsoo."

“I know exactly what I’m asking. I would have taken you back to Seoul in a heartbeat if you say you don’t love him. And you, me and Miyumi, we’ll be a happy family again. I don't want to go back to a life without you.”

Suzy’s heart longed for that future. She still loved Myungsoo just as much, if not more, than she had all those years ago. But, Kai and his father had become a significant part of her and especially Miyumi’s life. Even when she took Kai more like a brother figure than anything else, but nows she can't imagine life without him. Four years, they build up their bond together, like a real family. It'd be selfish to think about leaving it all behind without thinking of him. 

Suzy shrugged. “Kai, ....he’s a good friend. He gave me a place to stay, and helped me out to start a new life with the coffee shop.” A small smile forming as her lips said those words. But her reply wasn’t convincing anyone.

"If he just a friend then why can I see the sparkle is back in your eyes when you were with him? The sparkle I only saw when you were with me? And why do you seem more happy than the last time I've seen you? Do you know how hard it was for me to see you looked so happy with someone who wasn't me and that kill me. Every time I see you two it felt like a stab in my heart." He said with hurt interlaced in his voice.

Suzy couldn’t dare look at his eyes, because she would break down the moment she did. “I’m... sorry...” Suzy murmured. Her voice was barely above a whisper and but still heard for Myungsoo. Her expression was in a somewhat shock. But Myungsoo couldn’t mistake the look on her face.

The face of pain.

The silence was so noticeable that she felt that he could hear the erratic beat of her heart, but the only thing that was heard were the small cries from both of them. They just became too important to the other, that she knew that she was driving a dagger into his heart, like she was doing to hers.

“Please, there must be some sort of way to fix this, this can’t be it. Please tell me there’s a way to fix it, and I’ll do it, just don’t leave me, not again”, he said desperately.

“There’s nothing you can fix, you’re not the problem… I am.” Suzy said as strongly as she could, but when it came out it sounded so weak and hurt.

Myungsoo felt every ounce of breathe leave his body in a rush as guilt riddled his mind. ‘Suzy is in love with that guy....  Am I too late?’

Myungsoo waited for Suzy to say something more, but she was quiet. Suzy left him four years ago with a wounded heart, a cut so deep. Kai was the one who found his bleeding angel, stitched her cut and nurtured her wound until she healed and smiled again. And Kai had taken care of her and Miyumi, giving them a hope in life to be happy again.

It’s been really hard for Myungsoo to accept that Suzy's heart was not his anymore. He has to accept the fact that Suzy's heart is now belong to someone else.

“Were you not happy with me? Is that it?” Myungsoo asked softly.

Silence.

"I was very happy with you" Suzy admitted.

"Was? Are you no longer happy with me?" His voice was more broken than before.

Her heart was clenching with everything that she was feeling.  It was too many emotions to deal with.  Of course she was happy with Myungsoo; he was one of the best things that happened to her. She didn’t know what is the right thing for now. But right now, it felt that staying quiet was the only thing she could do. But wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter