Chapter 8

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bae Suzy was in the kitchen making dinner when her doorbell rang. She put the lid on the pot of spaghetti she was cooking, turned off the fire and hurried to the front of the house to see who was at the door. She looked through the peephole but the person outside was standing with his back facing the door.

"Hey." Suzy said grinning when the door opened to reveal Myungsoo.

"Hi." He smiled back at her and shoved a handful of lilies into her hands. "I came straight from office and I only managed to grab this on my way here."

"Thank you. I love lilies." Suzy said, and ushered him inside. She smiled bashfully at him and took his appearance all in. He was everything in his office clothes. Black suit with button down shirt, slim tie, no vest. She was familiar with everything that had to do with Myungsoo, so why did this feel so weird? Why was she so jittery and nervous? Myungsoo was her friend. Her friend who she was starting to look at like more than a friend. Yup, because he is now her fiance by accident.

Myungsoo watched her awkwardly from the doorway before stepped inside the house. “I hope you haven’t completed cooking the dinner yet.” He said.

Suzy laughed. “You're just right on time. I was just finished with the spaghetti and I'm going to prepare for the sauce now. Since you said earlier that you wanted to help me with the dinner, I leave it to you to prepare the salad. Let’s go to the kitchen.” She said and on the way the  kitchen, Suzy stopped at her dining table and put the lilies into the empty vase on the table.

"Oui, mademoiselle." Myungsoo said, taking off his suit and threw it on the couch.

Suzy turned and looked at him questionably. “What has gotten into you today?”

“The trip." Myungsoo pointed to the Paris picture in her glass cabinet.

“Oh. That trip. I remember you nearly got us lost in Paris. I hope that isn't what you're talking about.”

“I didn't get us lost. I was just making sure we saw the most of Paris in the short time we had.”

“Yeah right. We were in a hurry to get to the train station, and you wanted to take the scenic route? And caused us to separate from the group.”

“All right. I admit it. I was a bit turned around.”

“Finally! After eight years you finally admit you were lost.”

“Not lost. Just turn around.” Myungsoo glared at her.

Suzy glared back at him. “What's the difference?”

Myungsoo didn’t answer. Instead he smiled at Suzy. "Let's start cooking. I'm hungry."

Thirty minutes passed and their dinner was ready on the table. Suzy walked around the into the kitchen to the fridge. She pulled out a bottle of wine and holds it up for Myungsoo to see. Myungsoo nodded. Suzy took out two wine glasses from the drawer and brought the bottle to the table.

“What's the occasion?” Myungsoo asked.

“No occasion.” Suzy answered simply, shrugging her shoulder.

Myungsoo shook his head with a small smile on his lips. “How about we take it as …celebration for our ‘engagement’.”

“Sure, why not.” Suzy replied. She noticed the change in Myungsoo’s face. “Something wrong?” Suzy pour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter