Chapter 39

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Let me love you."

It was all he could ask for. For Suzy to let him to love her. To fill up the empty part of her and Miyumi's life.

Suzy froze in his arms not sure what to do or say. She seemed suddenly so broken, so torn. It's as if she is empty on the inside. As if someone forcefully ripped her heart out. She slowly pulled out. "I'm sorry." Two small words that meant so much.

Kai looked into her eyes. "I want to be with you.” It's true and he knew it. And he was hoping she was thinking the same as him. “Always.” Kai's handsome face darkens when he said it.

“You cannot know what you're saying.” Suzy said quietly.

“Yes, I do.”

Suzy remained silent.

“I’m sorry if I scared you. But I meant what I've said. He ran his fingers through his hair. "I better go now. Good night, Suzy. Sleep tight, okay?” Without waiting for the answer, he turned and walked to the staircase and ran down the stairs all the way to his car.

Suzy watched until he was out of her sight. She sighed.

It wouldn't fix all their problems... it wasn't going to mend their friendship overnight... and it wasn't going to make up for all that was wrong between them...

but it was a start...

Suzy closed the door quietly and leaned her back against the door.

‘Let me love you.’

As those words echoed through her brain, Suzy felt her heart throbbed inside her chest.  'Why am I even thinking about his words? I don’t love him. Sure, I think he is hot and all, but this is not what love is. At least… I think it isn’t.’

He was the one who found her when she was in desperate needs, maybe he actually saved her life, that day, but....

She put her hand onto her chest then took a deep and long breath and walked to Yumi's room. Carefully she opened the door and peeped inside. Kimiko was sleeping with Miyumi's on her bed. She closed back the door slowly and walked to her room, thankful that her daughter and Kimoko were already in the bed when she had got back so she hadn't had to explain why she'd been back so late.

She lay down on her bed staring at the ceiling. She sat up and took a photo frame from the drawer of her bedside cabinet. Myungsoo was grinning at the camera, an arm around Suzy's waist and she was leaning into Myungsoo’s side, her hand circled his waist as she smiled at the camera. The picture brought tears to Suzy's eyes and she quickly laid it face down so she didn't have to see the image.

She didn't know how to feel or what to feel now. Maybe she shouldn't let Myungsoo know that she was in love with him in the first place. That she shouldn't suggest their fake engagement to Myungsoo's family. That she shouldn't accept his proposal and just stayed as his bestfriend. She buried her face in her pillow and finally let her tears free.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Over the past four years, Myungsoo'd been on a mission. A mission to find Suzy. He've been to every corner of Japan with high hope to find her.

It was cold morning when he stopped outside place called Bean House coffeeshop. He knew he was there yesterday. There's a sense of real, palpable relief, like he can finally stop searching. Like he's been looking for it forever. He step up to the counter, still trying to figure out exactly what is it about this place that pulled him back there. His eyes immediately drawn to the painting on the wall. The same painting that caught his atten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter