Chapter 22

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You will need our marriage certificate to register him for a Kim.” A mocking smile plastered on Gyuri's mouth.

Myungsoo stared at her then shook his head. "No, I won't marry you, Gyuri. That will never happen.”

Gyuri faked out a heavy sigh. “If that the case, you can forget about L. He will live as Park.”

That should be clear enough. Clear enough that she was telling the truth. Myungsoo closed his eyes, took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. When he opened his eyes, he looked deep in hers. "Then I... I'll have to marry you." Myungsoo said faintly. The tone of his voice was very soft, almost inaudible to Gyuri.

"And how would you do that, Mr. Kim Myungsoo? You are married to Suzy."

"I..." He should answer her question, but everything he wanted to say was everything he can't.

"You must stay married to me for two weeks and don't deny my existence during that period of time. That's my conditions." She added.

Myungsoo looked at her, a concerned and fearful look in his eyes.

'You've got to be kidding me.'

 

It took two days for Myungsoo to gather his strength to tell Suzy the news. But then, it drained most of his strength when he saw the beautiful smiling face greeting him when she opened the door for him after he came back from work. He will immediately tucked his face into the juncture of Suzy's neck and shoulder, so, so scared of showing something and trying to hide it. He told her that he loved her every day, sounding as sincere as he did on the first day he said it. Suzy also acted like normal in front of him. They both acted like nothing had happened. Suzy didn't ask him about it, though. She didn't ask any of them. It's wasn't like Myungsoo wanted to hide that he went to visit his son every day for two hours for the last two days, but he was afraid to hurt Suzy's feelings. Sure, Suzy noticed his mood drop. She noticed when he doesn’t smile as much, and she noticed when he lay in bed and doesn’t want to move. But she took whatever lies he feds her, saying he’s fine, telling her he’s just tired, or not feeling well

Now, Myungsoo just couldn't ignore it anymore, after he knew the truth. That day, after coming home from another day of forcing smiles and acting normal, he plopped down on the couch with Suzy sitting on a couch in front of him flipping a magazine.

It broke his heart into pieces when he had to say it.

 

“Can we talk?” He asks timidly, and Suzy sensed something serious, put down the magazine and looked at Myungsoo.

“Yeah, course. What’s up?” Suzy questioned, and Myungsoo rubbed at his tired eyes.

“I, um. I don’t really know how to word this?” He sighed, feeling the days of exhaustion and sadness weigh him down.

“Um, okay?” Suzy eyed him.“Just try your best? I speak Myungsoo pretty well.”

Myungsoo too tired to fake a laugh, he straighten up. "I... I have something to discuss with you."

"What is it, Myungsoo?"

Myungsoo just looked at her in silence. He lost his words.

"Myungsoo, tell me."

"I.... I went to Gyuri's house two days ago."

Suzy started to tremble.

“L…  really is my son. There's no need to do any test. Park Daehyun is my son." He said confidently.

Suzy just sat still in front of him. After few minutes, she spoke. "L is your son. Of course. Only blind people will say otherwise.” She said with calm voice as she already expected it. “So, you did went and see them. I thought so." Suzy muttered. “You didn't tell me." She added coolly. She wasn't breathing. She was crying inside.

"Suzy, it's not like that. Trust me. My intention of going there was only to see L and not Gyuri."

"You can't lie to me."

"I know."

"Is that all you want to tell me?"

"No. It's not all." He leaned down and covered his face with both of his hands.

"Want to tell me now?"

Myungsoo hesitated. He didn't want to upset Suzy, but he didn't want to keep any secrets from her either. "It's Gyuri," he sighed in his hands.

"What does she want now?" Suzy asked, her voice short.

After few seconds, he looked up. “Suzy, what I’m going to tell you is very difficult for me to say it. I want you to stay calm, okay. I want you to know that I love you. I love you with all my heart. Nothing will change between us."

“For God's sake, say it Myungsoo!!” Suzy snapped. Her jaw tightened.

“Suzy, all this thing happened before we married. L is innocent. I owe him his rights. I need to give him back his rights.”

 “What do you mean?”

"I... I want to register L's name to be Kim Daehyun. He is now Park Daehyun." His eyes were pouring over Suzy, watching for her reaction.

Suzy's heart starts beating faster. She knew what Myungsoo going to say next. She knew this was going to happen. Her pale face turned whiter. As if there was no blood in it.

"Do you really need to have L as a Kim? No matter what name he is carrying, he is s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter