Chapter 38

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suzy looked at Kai reluctantly and their eyes locked. She didn't say anything. It's not she didn't expect that from Kai. She bit her bottom lip as she contemplated what she was going to say to him.  Should she say it? There was really not a better explanation. However, the devil on her shoulder was insisting quietly, that maybe, just maybe, he was sincere?

Kai knew when Suzy didn't reply to him. He knew that Suzy was very secretive about her feelings and will avoid any reason to talks about it. And he knew Suzy tried to be tough and acted like nothing gets to her.  'Maybe she is still not ready to move on from him?' Kai thought. He sighed then laid his back gently on his Porsche hood, staring at the sky. Suzy just watched his movement without saying anything. There was a silence that stretched between them and seemed to last much longer than it actually did.

"Kai..." Suzy called.

"Mmmm..." Kai responded without looking at her. He was staring off the night sky.

"I never thanked you for saving my life." Suzy said, turning to Kai. Kai let out a small chuckle then sat up straight.

"Thank you for saving me." Suzy and Kai said at exactly the same time. Both of them looked at each other then burst into laughter. She was shivering a little in the cold air. Straightening, Suzy wrapped her arms around herself.

"I'll get a jacket for you." Kai slid down and went to take the jacket at the backseat. He walked back to Suzy and helped her into the jacket, gently coaxing her long hair out to flow over her back. Then he spoke. “Suzy, I have something for you.” He stepped in closer and slowly he leaned down making Suzy lying on her back on the hood of the Porsche because Kai was hovering on top of her but most of his weight was supported by his hands resting on the hood on either sides of Suzy’s shoulder. Kai leaned so low until their faces only inches away from each other.

“Kai, what are you doing? Don’t do this to me.” Suzy asked him quietly, trying to sound calm.

The biggest grin broke on his face, Kai straightened up his body, holding out his hand for her to take. Suzy took his hand and he pulled her up sitting on the car hood. Kai fished out something from his jacket.

Suzy watched his movement. "What is it?” Suzy asked, curiously.

Kai showed two small blue velvet boxes on his palm and a smile crept on his face. “One for you and one for me.”

Suzy pouted and looked up at Kai again.

“Take it.” Kai said.

Suzy stood up and took one of the box, opened it and looked intently. It was silver chain, on the chain were two beautiful star shape pendants. “This is beautiful.”

Kai opened his own box. “I have the same like yours.” He took out his and showed to Suzy.  He smiled at Suzy. “Come, let me put it on for you.”

Suzy bit her lip as he watched Kai came closer to her. She had no idea how Kai was feeling ow. All she knew, Kai had been kind to her since the moment they'd met – she shouldn't have wrong assumption about him. Suzy handed him the necklace to him and turned her body so her back was facing him. She pushed her hair aside, so Kai can easily place the necklace around her neck. Kai gently placed it around her neck, locking it securely. He gently placed his hands on Suzy's shoulder and turned her to him. He smiled at her before he put it on for himself.

They stared at each other for a moment before looking down at their necklaces. Suzy's hand reached up to touch hers. "Why did you give me this?" Suzy ques

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter