Chapter 3

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They arrived at an expensive Italian restaurant. Myungsoo walked to the door of the restaurant and held it open with an obstinate expression. Suzy walked past him with resigned sigh. She'd expected Myungsoo to take her to her favourite burger bar. They were greeted at the reception counter and were led to the table that was reserved for them.

“Myungsoo, I don’t understand why you insisted on eating here.” Suzy said, instantly twisted her lips nto a displeased pout, shoulders slumping.

“I told you. I was in the mood for scallops, and I love how the chef here prepares the scallops.” Myungsoo declared. He smiled thinly after glancing quickly at her.

Suzy wasn’t buying it. While it was true the scallop on the menu were outstanding, she knew the real reason Myungsoo wanted to eat here. “You’re just doing this because you know it’s my turn to pay for the bills. You know I’m poor and you will insist for paying the bills.” Suzy flashed a smile and a small thanks to the waiter for the menu then turned to Myungsoo again. “Admit it.”

“You don’t like dining here?” Myungsoo asked. He was looking at Suzy over the top of his menu. Eyes enlarged, feigning innocence.

Suzy didn't answer. She looked up at the waiter and told him their orders. After the waiter left, she turned to Myungsoo. “I love dining here, but that isn’t the point. I simply want you to admit tha...”

“That you’re poor? Okay. You’re poor. Poverty agrees with you,” Myungsoo said cheerfully. Grin plastered on his face.

Suzy frowned but remained silent herself. She loved Myungsoo and Myungsoo loved her, and they had always been good friends. They had known each other for nearly half of their lives, since junior high school. Myungsoo wasn’t really the ogre some of the rich family made him out to be. She knew Myungsoo never meant anything in his words.

'She'd calmed down', Myungsoo thought, eyeing her, thinking suddenly how pretty she looked in her floral knee-length dress. Her black hair tied in a high ponytail, flowing in soft waves over the nape of her neck. With minimal make-up, she looked utterly beautiful. She gives off an impression of sweetness and innocence in which Myungsoo was very proud of his best friend. 'Pure beauty', Myungsoo admitted in his head as he smiled at her.  “Aww, come on, Suzy. You know I was just simply saying that. I know you’re not poor. You're just being careful. Okay?“

The waiter strode in with their foods. "Bon appetite." said Myungsoo.

"Er, yes. Bon appetite." Suzy took a bite of her roasted chicken. She can't help eyeing the scallops on Myungsoo's plate.

"Would you like a bite?" Myungsoo said, following her gaze. "Come on, open your mouth," he then reached over with one spoonful of scallop to Suzy.

Like a small kid, Suzy opened and took the food. She chewed it slowly letting the flavor flood through . "The best." She said smiling. Slowly she swirled her drink making the ice cubes bumped together. “So how did it go Friday night? Shall I give you an advance 'congratulations on your wedding'?” Suzy took a sip of her drink.

Myungsoo was surprised to hear that Suzy still remember he'd told her about his dinner plan with Gyuri. He shook his head and sighed. “Not so good.”

“Not so good? What exactly does that mean?” Suzy asked impatiently, raising an eyebrow. 

Myungsoo fiddled with his straw. “Well... She said no.” He pulled the straw out and puts it back in the drink. He continued. “There I was, on one bended knee holding a velvet box with a ring in it and she looked at the ring and ran out of the restaurant saying 'I can't. I really can't. Don't call me.' He mocked her.

"She did that?" Suzy puts her drink down with enough force that a little of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter