Chapter 7

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy reached her apartment at almost eleven o'clock. After a quick shower, she put on her pyjamas and went to bed. She put everything behind and just wants to sleep. She's too tired to think anymore. She was almost reaching her dreamland when her cell phone rang. She looked at the table clock. It's already passed midnight.

"Hello?" She grumbled into the phone.

"Suzy, can I see you for a while. I'm outside your door."

Suzy blinked at her phone a couple of times before she's on her feet and opened the door. Myungsoo stepped in without being asked, walked straight to the living hall, put his car key on the coffee table, turned to Suzy and spoke.

“Suzy . . . what if we give it a shot?” Myungsoo's voice was gentle and with his very charming smile.

“What do you mean?” This time Suzy focused on Myungsoo sharply.

“Us. What if we gave it a try? A real try.” Myungsoo’s face was suddenly glowing all over.

"Huh?" Suzy's heart was pounding fast.

Myungsoo took a deep breath and continued, "Yes, Suzy, you heard me right." Myungsoo nodded looking at her. He continued. "I need to tell you this, Suzy. That is, I feel this relationship is serious. I like you, Suzy. And.. I know you like me, too. Let's make it real."

Suzy was staring at him. She really not sure how to describe how she felt about this news. It makes her think of junior high school. With his charming smile, Suzy remembers how her heart would smmersault whenever he saw Myungsoo walked into the cafeteria and Myungsoo smiled at her. Sure, Myungsoo smiled at all girls, but every single time he flashed his easy, and carefree grins her way, Suzy would feel her heart melt down into her shoes.

"I've been thinking very carefully just now, and I'm very sure of what I want. I realized... there's something had been making you uncomfortable around me. Though you never failed to be there when I need you, I know now that you have been holding back." Myungsoo swallowed.

`I'm very sure of what I want.' Suzy felt the words reverberated in her ears.

Myungsoo smiled as he continued. "I can't promise to be everything you want in a partner and I don't know what will happen to us. But I want you to understand that this isn't something I feel have to do. It's something I very much want to do."

She mis-judged him. She is not Plan B anymore. 'But I hope you will sincerely love me, Myungsoo. Not just as your best friend and not because of the job promotion.'

“You mean not just a convenient engagement but a real one. With real kissing and such?” Suzy could feel her face flamed red as she was torn between semi hysterical amusement and a big dash of shame at even thinking the thought.

Myungsoo smiled cheekily and reached for her hand. “Yeah. That’s what I meant.”

“You’re not joking right?” Suzy asked skeptically.

Myungsoo gripped her hands. "No, I'm not."

Suzy lost her words. Her heart stopped beating for a moment and then started back up again, pounding rapidly. Feeling butterflies was and understatement, she felt a straight stampede in her stomach. Her voice was shaky when she whispered, "Myungsoo..."

Myungsoo stepped closer to Suzy. He leaned in close, so close that she could feel his breath skirt across her lips when Myungsoo said, "You're an amazing woman, Bae Suzy." He leaned in closer to her.

"You know I'm too smart to be seduced by you, right?" she said while a smirk played on her lips. Myungsoo returned the smile but didn't pull his hand away.

"Well that's what I like about you." He said simply.

"Good night Myungsoo. We'll talk about this when I'm not sleepy." Suzy immediately grabbed Myungsoo's car key on the coffee table and pushed into his palm. She turned and began walking to the door. Myungsoo grinned and followed behind. Suzy open the door and gestured with her hands for Myungsoo to step out from her house.

Myungsoo chuckled, nodding his head. “All right. All right. I'll go now. Good night Suzy.” He stepped out from the house with a smile.

"Good night Myungsoo. I call you tomorrow." Suzy said before closing the door. Suzy slept soundlessly as images of Myungsoo clouded her mind with a smile upon her face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Suzy forced her eyes open when she heard her doorbell rang. She sat up in surprised. Her table clock said it was seven thirty and she was wondering what could have woken her this morning. She walked unsteadily to the hall to open the door. The door opened, he found herself stared straight into the eyes of smiling Myungsoo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter