Chapter 30

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"P...pregnant? Suzy asked, stuttered. Up until then she didn’t realise, but all of a sudden it all came back to her. She didn't know what to feel that time. It was too sudden and shocking. "How many months have I been pregnant, doctor?"

The doctor smiled at her. “From the scan result I'd say you're about nine weeks now. There’s nothing to be worried about. Everything is all right." The doctor turned to the man. "Your wife collapsed due to tiredness. And stress. All your wife needs is plenty of rest and eat well. You can take her home whenever she's ready. There's no need to stay for the night. Just rest at home. I’ll get ready with the discharge paper and I will give you new appoint date for following  check-up”

“Thank you, doctor.” The man said and shook hands with the doctor before he left.

“Your wife?” Suzy asked.

“What else could the doctor be thinking right now? I guessed he just assumed that you're my wife.”  The man smirked, which was probably as close to a smile.

“You can just tell him the truth that you found a stranger on the road.”

He shrugged and said, “I could do that but I don't feel nice saying like that. You didn’t know that you’re pregnant?”

Suzy sighed and shook her head looking down at her stomach. She looked down so that the man didn't see the scream in her eyes.

“Hmmm.... I can see that you’re taking this so well. By the way, what were you doing there?”

“I was looking for my friend. I had planned to stay with her for a while. But she has already moved to another town.”

“You came here without telling her first? What a brilliant plan.”

“I…I don’t plan to be this. It just.. happened. And I have other friends I can ask for help." Her lips trembled.

"Other friends? You mean here in Japan or back in Korea?"

Suzy didn't answer. She bit her lower lip.

“I guess you have no other friends here." He said eyeing her. "Are you running away from your house? Does your husband know about this?”

“I… have no husband. I’m on my own.” Suzy looked away, not wanting to look at the man’s face where worry and pity was clearly shown on her face.

"Single and pregnant.  And on the run. Interesting.“ The guy said rubbing his temples.

Suzy froze. She glanced at him, and she could tell that he'd caught her off guard with his statement. Her heart started to pound ferociously. She looked away from him, and bit her lip in worry. She turned back to look at him with a pleading expression. The kind of ‘please don’t tell anyone’ kind of expression.

The man undersood her face expression. “Hey, don’t worry. I’m a friend. And I will not tell anyone about you. I promise.” The man said with a wink.

"Are you Korean?" Suzy asked as she felt relief with the man's answer.

"My father is Korean. My mother is Japanese. My father has been living here since he married my mother. By the way, I’m Kim Jongin." He said, holding his hand out to her. "Just call me Kai."

Suzy looked down at his hand for a moment before taking it in her own and shaking it with a small smile. "Bae Suzy," She said, brightening a little. "Call me Suzy."

"So, Suzy, do you have anyone you want to call and tell.... ”

"No. I have no one to call." Suzy cut him.

Kai frowned deeply. “Mmm... very stubborn. Okay. So, what are you going to do now?"

Suzy pushed her hair out from her face. “I will just find a hotel until I find a place to rent and look for a job.” She said confidently.

"Do you think you can get a job when you're pregnant? Especially at the early stage like this. No one wants to hire a pregnant woman."

Suzy looked at him. "I... I can try. I can do any job." Shame filling her face, with a hint of self-pity.

His heart suddenly went out to her. 'It must be terrible to not have anything or anyone right now.' Kai sighed. "Since you decided to stay here longer, you can stay at my house if you want." Kai said calmly with a slight shrug on his shoulder.

Suzy stiffened hearing at his offer. She looked uncomfortable. "Thank you but I think it will not be a necessary. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter