Chapter 46 - Final

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Will I be able to forget the past and start anew with him?

 

She kept replaying the incident from two days ago, in her mind. Allowing herself to sink into her own thoughts, it took Suzy quite a while to fully absorb everything.

Meeting up with Myungsoo had given her reassurance. It gave her the chance to know that she had been wrong all along. Who knew that those few minutes she spent talking to him would help her decide what she truly wanted in life? No one. No one but herself.

After her last meeting with Myungsoo, Suzy tried to live a normal life for the next two days. Heck, she had been doing that for the past four years and even then, she was barely managing. But still, she tried hard. She had managed to shut Myungsoo out of her mind but her efforts were proved useless when it came to her shutting him out of her heart. Suzy would find herself thinking of him and the memories they both had together. Even if she wanted to forget him, she couldn't. In a way or two, everything had led to the best things happening in her life. Because each and every time she looked at Miyumi, she would see Myungsoo. She would see the eyes staring back at hers, pleading for another chance. If she was the Suzy she was back then, she would easily give in but that Suzy was long gone. Suzy was no longer the person she once was. A lot had changed during those four years.

Her hand reached the necklace around her neck. The one that Kai placed it on just few days ago on the night they went out celebrating her birthday. She and Kai... well, they had a special relationship. Special bond. He’s the sweetest thing ever. He was very nice when they first met. If peoples were to meet them at first would probably think they were dating. But sometimes, Suzy do felt like they were dating. Kai had always been there for her whenever she needed a shoulder to lean on or someone to listen to her. Kai had given her hope. Hope to feel happiness. Hope to feel important. Hope that ran away from her when she was in Seoul. Suzy admitted that Kai cared a lot about her. Suzy even knew Kai was in love with her. She knew it before he ever confessed how he felt. It was always there with him, ever present, and accepted truth. Suzy liked Kai. She cared alot for Kai too. And while she wasn't willing or able to define her feelings towards him, she could finally acknowledge that they existed. Suzy just didn't know in which way. It didn't help that she could never find the right words to say to him though.

Even now, he was giving her an out, letting her make her own choices. It made her feels so guilty. She knew how he felt about her and she used him. She couldn't stop using him. That made her feels guilty. She was tired of feeling guilty. She didn't want to feel guilty anymore.

This was all her fault. It was all on her. What had she done? How could she do this to him?

There was an old phrase that often haunted her now. 'Be careful what you wish for.' She had wished to be alone when she fled Seoul and she got it in spades. It was cathatic and exhausting all at the same time. For the first time in years, she was facing the actions that had brought her to this point in her life. Suzy sighed deeply and rubbed her aching forehead.

The day has come. It's Tuesday.  It was just her and Miyumi with nothing coming in between them. In many ways she felt blessed because she had Miyumi, who she wouldn't change for anything. She loved Miyumi beyond reason and would do anything to protect her. Her eyes turned to Miyumi who was playing with her dolls after they had their breakfast.

"Yumi," Suzy called, Miyumi looked up at her, then Suzy patted the empty space next to her on the couch. Miyumi put her doll on the coffee table and went to sit next to her mummy. 

"Mummy was thinking. Let’s spend the day together. Only two of us. Let's go out."

The little girl smiled then nodded enthusiastically. "Where are we going, mummy?"

"How about we go shopping for some new clothes?" Suzy asked.

"Yayyy...Yumi like shopping." Said the small girl cheerfully.

"Now go get your jacket. Mummy need to make a phone call to the shop and tell them that mummy is not going for work today." Suzy said while her hand ruffled Miyumi's hair.

Even her marriage wasn't a perfect one, Suzy was very thankful to Myungsoo that she had Miyumi now. She tried to be a good mother and now, a father too, to Miyumi. And Miyumi was too small to understand what was missing in her life. She was everything to her, and she would do anything for her. Suzy smiled with pride, thinking of Miyumi as they strolled along the street. Only the two of them. Something she wanted to do for a long time.

The streets were crammed with tourists. They walked along the busy street taking in all the sights and all the cute little shops. Holding in one hand she had a bag of shopping, in the other she was holding Miyumi’s hand to control the little girl, who wanted to run around like a mad girl. Suzy walked with a smile on her face.

Everything was clear to her now. She found the answer she asked earlier. 'You can't escape th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter