Chapter 10

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suzy was getting ready to go out to meet with Myungsoo when her cell phone rang. At the second ring she picked up her phone, she didn’t even have to check who it was. She knew. “Hi, Myungsoo” she said, her tone voiced her lack of surprise.

'Hello, Suzy, I'm sorry. I can't with meet you for breakfast today. Grandpa called me early in the morning and insisted to see me. I'm on my way to see him now.'

"Oh really? What's the matter?" She asked.

'I don't know why he suddenly wanted to meet me this morning. And I'll be going straight to the office after meeting him.'

"All right, then. Don't forget your promise for tonight."

"Yes, I know. I'll see you tonight.'

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kim Myungsoo drove from his apartment on a busy street to his grandpa's mansion with so many thoughts in his mind. He used his key to get into the house. He was told by the house maid that his grandpa was at the back garden. He made his way to the garden and saw grandpa, on his knees, weeding a bed of roses. Myungsoo round the corner of the hedge. “Good morning, Grandpa."

Grandpa looked up. "Good morning to you too, son"

"Don't you have gardener to do that?” Myungsoo asked simply.

Grandpa started to get up and Myungsoo rushed over to help him up but he waved him away. “I can do it boy." He stood up. “I may have gardeners but I enjoyed a good bout of weeding. I find it relaxing after weeks of negotiating high finance and being indoors. So I have the gardeners leave a small patch for me to weed.” He removed his garden gloves. “Enough about me. What I want to know is about you.”

“What about me?” Myungsoo stared at his grandpa. He ed his suit and shoved his hands into his pants pockets.

“I want to know about your plans.”

Myungsoo peered at him curiously. “My plans?”

“Your plans with Miss Bae Suzy, of course. So, when is the wedding?” Grandpa's eyebrow rose up.

Myungsoo stiffened. 'I knew he's going to  bring this matter up.'  “We haven't set a date yet.” He answered sincerely, setting the fact straight to his grandpa.

“Are you waiting to see if I'll relent and promote you without you being married?” grandpa asked in a sarcastic tone.

“What makes you say that?” Myungsoo asked, he let out an annoyed sigh.

“Do you think I was born yesterday?” Grandpa scoffed as he looked at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo can honestly say he wasn’t prepared for that reaction. “No, sir.” Myungsoo said, giving his head a slight shake.

“You were dating Gyuri, for what, two years?”

“Pretty close.”

“So you dated a woman for that long and told me you're thinking of proposing and then showed up to what was supposed to be your engagement dinner, engaged to Bae Suzy, your best friend. Give me some credit.”

“Yes, grandpa.”

“Are you sure about this, Myungsoo?”  Grandpa eyed him curiously.

Myungsoo just shrugged in response.  “I thought you always like Suzy.”

“Yes, I did." Grandpa admitted with a stare. "So, did you get engaged just to get the promotion?”

Myungsoo's mind flashed back to when he first realized how beautiful she was and how he felt 'love' i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter