Chapter 14

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two days had passed since he proposed to Suzy, Myungsoo was sitting on a couch in Suzy's apartment flipping the channel on her television. He looked up at her as she stepped out from the kitchen, mug in hand. Wordlessly, she held it out to him. Suzy crashed on the couch next to him and lost in her own thought. He switched off the television and watched her intently. "What are you thinking about, Suzy?" Pulling her out of her daze.

Suzy stopped what she was doing and looked up at him. "Can you believe this? That we're getting married, I mean in less than two weeks."

Myungsoo smiled at her. "It is kind of crazy, isn't it? We've just been together for only two months."

Suzy giggled. "Do you ever think about it?"

"About what, Suzy?"

"About what life would be like if we never got together?"

"Suzy, no matter what would have happen, it could not have been better than this. I would not have been this happy." Myungsoo said.

"Neither would I." Suzy smiled.

"I still remember the look on grandpa and umma's face when I told them that I've proposed to you and we're getting married soon. Umma said she can't wait to be a grandma."

"I'm glad to know that." Suzy replied as she continued to smile at him.

"They always loved you, Suzy." Myungsoo said, he took her in his arms and cuddled with her.

Silence filled the room for the next few minutes, words not needed to express the emotions the pair felt. Suddenly, Suzy sat up straight and smiled.

"What?" Myungsoo smiled back at her, mesmerized the glow on her face.

"We need to plan our wedding. Right now. I want to start putting things together. Let's start now!"

"Okay. Yeah let's do it. Let's plan our wedding." Myungsoo's face lit up. "So... head over heels in love, huh?"

"Shut up Myungsoo." Suzy blushed. "I am, so what?"

"Nothing. I just love that you love me. That's all." Myungsoo smiled.

"I love that you love me, too. Now," Suzy said, getting down to business. "Who do you want in our wedding party. Who's gonna be your 'best man'?"

"Woohyun. I want Woohyun to be my 'best man'. How about you?" Myungsoo asked.

"You and your family are the only people who like me for who I really am." Her voice waivered. "I do have few friends to invite but I want grandpa to be the one to walk me down the aisle to you."

"I'm sure grandpa would be honored to do that." He looked softly at Suzy. Suzy smiled at him but allowed him to snuggle as close to her as he could, but she would be lying if she said she didn't do the same.

"This is really happening, isn't it, Myungsoo?"

"Yes it is. Now that we're planning it, it changes the fantasy into a reality. And let me tell you this, Bae Suzy. I cannot wait until I can call you my wife."

"And I can't wait until I can call you my husband. You're my 'one and done.'"

"We're getting married.' Myungsoo said.

"We're getting married!" Suzy replied.

And with that, the happy couple nodded off, dreaming of the day not so far away when they would become husband and wife.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A large white party pavilion sits on the lawn. Candle lanterns and small bouquets are suspended from small wrought iron stakes all along the slate path. Wedding guests mingled around the chairs set up next to the pavilion. A temporary altar stands in front of the arch in the rose hedge. Mrs. Jung went all out about the wedding. She didn't let one detail go undone. Even though it's just a small ceremony and only relatives and close friends were invited, she wants everything to be perfect.

The guests were steadily making their way inside, accepting the pre-dinner drinks and chatting comfortably amongst themselves.

The time has arrived. The emcee took the microphone and called for everyone's attention. “Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seat and be upstanding and welcome the bride."

The guests sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter