Chapter 41

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Myungsoo sat on the couch in his hotel suite. ‘I found you, Suzy. I’ve finally found you.’ A smile was plastered on his mouth. He leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes, but all he could see was Suzy's shocked expression in the short moment that they met each other’s eyes. She was a different person now and he knew that. He can see it in his mind's of eyes.

He couldn't explain how he felt when he saw another man's hand circled Suzy's waist. ‘Is she married to that guy and they have a daughter? Even so, why she has to run away from me?’  Infuriated beyond words, he sat up, trying his hardest not to scream in anger. Suzy was in front of him, yet he couldn't say anything to her, much less hold  the pale beauty in his arms. 

Myungsoo sipped his hot coffee slowly. He took a deep breath, inhaling the heady aroma of coffee that fills the car as he sat nervously inside his rented car, which was parked across the road not far from the coffee shop. He had waited patiently since early morning with hope of to be able to see Suzy again. The hair at the back of his neck stood on end when a car pulled in right in front of the shop.  He felt a twinge of resentment when he saw the figure that came out from the car and went inside the shop. It was the man, the one that kept Suzy away from him. Thirty minutes later the man got into his car and drove away. Myungsoo followed behind, but gave him enough space to avoid arousing his suspicions. The car in front of him drove fast enough to appear to be urgent. He was not sure about the man's plan, but he had no other choice at the moment but to follow his car.

"Go now." The words uttered by that man echoed in Myungsoo's ears as he drove. The image of Suzy's startled eyes looking at him, engraved in his brain. He could still sense the fear that had clenched his heart when the scene at the café played in his mind.

Kai had been thinking all night. He needs to keep Suzy and Miyumi away from Myungsoo. They had been his life for the past four years. He tightened his gripped on the steering wheel. He felt more nervous now that he has found Suzy after fours years of searching and judging from his reaction, he won’t let Suzy walk out of his life easily.

After five minutes driving, Myungsoo parked his car twenty meters away from where the black car had parked in front of an apartment building. Kai got out of the car and without a backwards glance, went inside the building.

'I search for you up to now, my love… I'll bring you home…'

For the next ten minutes, Myungsoo continued to wait inside his car as he became more and more frustrated. This is because, his only other option is to go and wait for Suzy at the man’s car, and that was not a good idea. That guy definitely will not allow him to be near Suzy, he thought. He wanted to talk with Suzy alone. Without interruption from other people.

‘Suzy was just confused. So if I could just talk to her without people interrupting us, she will know that I still love her.’  Myungsoo attempted to console himself, his mind repeating the same thing again and again. Finally, he saw Suzy came out from the building’s entrance with Kai following behind carrying Miyumi in his arms. ‘That supposed to be me carrying that girl.' He thought. His stomach churned. His heart constricted.  A sudden pang of jealously hit him right in the stomach.

Suzy opened the passenger door and slid in. Kai gently put Miyumi at the backseat. After he buckled the seatbelt for the little girl, he went to the driver’s side and drove the car. Unknown to them, Myungsoo was following behind them carefully.

"Where are we going Uncle Kai?” Miyumi asked from the back seat.

Kai took one quick glance at her, then turned back to the road ahead. “Grandpa invited you and mummy to have dinner with him tonight. And you are going to stay overnight there.” He said smiling.

Suzy looked at him in surprise. Her gaze then narrowed into an accusing stare. “You didn’t mention this to me just now, Kai.  You should have told me first. And it’s still morning to go there for dinner.”

Kai shrugged. Not averting his gaze from the road ahead of him, he asked, "Do you want to go somewhere first before we go to my father's house?"

"No. I just don't like it when you do something like this. It’s like you are kidnapping us." Suzy said, frowning in annoyance.

Kai chanced a quick glance in her direction and noticed the scowl on the pale beauty’s face. Sighing, but not regretting what he had done, he said in a gentle voice, “Suzy,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter