Chapter 32

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suzy was silent for a while unsure of what to say. Something was playing in her mind. "It's complicated." Finally she said. A long silence stretched between them. Suzy could feel Kai's eyes boring into her with deep intensity.

When Suzy don't go on, Kai looked at her sternly. "And you aren't going to tell me what complicates it?" he asked with a quirked brow.

Suzy stared at him for a second then shook her head. She doesn’t know why, but telling him about her problem doesn't feel right. “Not today. Maybe some other time.” Her expression were a mixture of embarrassement and pleading.

Kai  leaned back in his chair. “This must be very difficult for you.” Kai observed. His eyebrows knitted together in concern and a sympathetic sat on his lips.

“Am I that obvious?” All bravado in her voice was ruined with a quiver of emotions that was more difficult than she thought it would be. Suzy looked away, to protect herself from his sympathy. Sympathy was the one thing she could without, she would have no strength when faced the kindness of strangers. She sighed trying to regain in her emotions. She turned to Kai suddenly and caught him watching her, and her dark eyes sliced into his, it set his heart thundering crazily against his chest.

Kai gave a sigh. '"Easy to read."

Suzy didn't even seem to hear that.

'Why didn't I meet you earlier? Why do you have to suffer?'

Kai rubbed his forehead, sipped his water and cleared his throat, shifting in his seat. “Would you like to order some dessert?" He asked, decided to not push any further and changed the subject when he realized the change in Suzy’s face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The ride back to the apartment was a silent one with both of them lost in their own thoughts once again. They arrived back at the apartment complex and sat in the car for a few seconds before  Kai unbuckled his seatbelt and turned to Suzy.

“Suzy.” Kai called. His voice was soft. He made sure Suzy's full attention was on her before continuing. “I hope you will think again about staying at my house. Think about your baby. You need a proper place to raise your baby. That's the top priority in your list, isn't it?” Kai had looked Suzy straight in the eyes as he spoke, trying to convey his sincerity through both his eyes and his words.

Suzy turned to him and nodded earnestly. “Yes, I was thinking on it just now. I guess that’s what I’m going to do for now.” She smiled. It was a simple, reassuring smile that warmed Kai to the centre of his bones, both because it was beautiful and because of the relief it brought.

Kai smiled a victory smile. Yess!! 

He cleared his throat. “Let's go. I'll send you up.” Kai said opening the car door.  “If you need anything tonight just call me, okay?” Kai said as he stepped inside the elevator after make sure Suzy went in first.

Suzy smile lightly at him. “You don't have to be worried. I'll be okay. You just ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter