Chapter 13

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo looked at his watch. It showed six thirty in the evening and Suzy will be arriving anytime soon. He carefully placed two long, white candles in the silver candlesticks in the middle of the dinner table. He eyed his finished work for a moment before moving the small, crystal vase holding two daisies further away from the candlesticks. He smiled alone looking at the arrangement he made on the table.

The doorbell rang, startling him from his thoughts, and he quickly hurried to open it before Suzy manage to open it with her key. "Hi. Tough day at work?” Myungsoo greeted her with a kiss on the cheek before taking her bag from her hand.

"Hi. No. Why do you ask?" Suzy asked as she make her way into the house and tossed her keys on the coffee table.

"You're covered in . . . what is that?" Myungsoo pointed to her face.

Suzy glanced in the wall mirror. There’s a green clay on her forehead. "Clay. It was just a really productive and creative day. I'm going for wash up," She’s heading straight to the bathroom.

"Dinner is ready in ten minutes." Myungsoo announced, smiling.

Suzy stopped half way, swung around to face him and paused. "You prepared dinner? The second one this week?"  Myungsoo shrugged his shoulder.

 

Suzy moved into the dining area. The table was already set for dinner, which wasn't surprising, but it was set to look like more of a fancy dinner. The fine china was palced out and wine glasses were set.  "Okay. It was a surprise. What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Myungsoo was pretending to be clueless.

“The flowers, the candlelights, and dinner already made.” Suzy crossed her arm on her chest.

"Oh, that." Myungsoo replied, he feigns innocence.

"Yes, that. Is there something you're trying to butter me up for?"

"Actually, yes." Myungsoo smiled, and it seemed to contain layers of hidden meaning.

"What is it?" Suzy asked.

Myungsoo moved over to her, brushed her hair on her forehead, and touched the clay on it. “Why don’t you go get clean up first? The table will be ready by then,” he said, brushing his knuckles lightly against the skin of her cheek, caressing down to her neck.

“Okay.” Suzy replied. "I'll go now." Suddenly, Myungsoo grabbed her wrist.

"I'll wait." Myungsoo gave his mischievous smile at her.

Suzy nodded, a tiny smile passing over her face. She turned to the bathroom in no time with her stomach filled with those familiar butterflies that seemed to appeared suddenly. A few minutes later, Suzy stepped into the dining area. The candles already lightened up on the table. Myungsoo smiled in response and rose from his seat walked over to Suzy. Suzy studied his face, trying to gauge his mood. She smiled back at him, feeling almost cheesy when he tugged her to a stop to the side of her face.

"All this time, it was you." Myungsoo murmured in her ear.

Suzy slightly leaned back so that she can see into Myungsoo’s eyes. "Are you happy that it's me?" She stared up at him, waiting to see what he’d say next.

Myungsoo smiled at her, his face brightening instantly, the smile remaining on his lips the entire time. He intertwined their fingers. "Yes, very much," He replied. "Seriously, Suzy, I think you're amazing.  You’re infuriatingly beautiful, and so full of light. I don't know how anyone couldn't like you. You care about people and you have so much compassion for everyone around you. I'm so happy I have you in my arms now. And I, Kim Myungsoo, want to spend the rest of my life with you, Bae Suzy."

"Is that a proposal?" She giggled.

Myungsoo brought Suzy's hand to his mouth and kissed the ring on it. "Yes. And it's time for me to tell my umma and grandpa the truth, I’m going to tell them everything. I’m going to let them know that my intention to marry you that is because I love you.“

"Do you really think I'm amazing?" she whispered.

Myungsoo nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter