Chapter 12

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two weeks had passed and Suzy loved every moment she spent with Myungsoo. They went out together, arm in arm. They have dinner and walk down the street and it's completely normal in a way that Suzy would ever have never expected . Myungsoo would kiss her with growing familiarity and lingering that made her reluctant to release him. And she found that it wnas becoming more difficult not to press herself against Myungsoo. It was a tough battle for both of them, and as for Myungsoo, he never felt the pressure to do more than just a kiss. Well, he wanted more but he had promised to Suzy. So there she was. She was faced with a very honest man. It was time for her to match Myungsoo's honesty. Even though the awkwardness between them has long gone, she knew her cheeks were still flaming red whenever Myungsoo kissed her. 

‘Suzy, I can’t have lunch with you today. Grandpa had asked me to meet him at eleven o’clock then to have lunch with him.’ Suzy reads the text message she received from Myungsoo.

‘It’s all right.’ Suzy replied

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Myungsoo reached grandpa's office on time. He knocked lightly on the slightly opened door and saw his grandpa was sitting behind his desk, reading papers and making some notes on it. "Grandpa, Solbi said you wanted to see me?" He asked, standing at the door.

"Yes, come on in. Have a seat." Grandpa waved him over and pointed at the chair across the desk from him.

Myungsoo walked up to the desk, surveying the pile of papers and grandpa's posture – the old guy looked like he had been there for a while. He took a seat in across from grandpa. "I take it, this isn't a social request?"

"No. It's business. Both the company and family."

“I thought as much.” Myungsoo took a sit and leaned back in the chair. “Okay, you've got my attention. Let's get the family business out of the way."

“It isn't that simple to separate the two.” Grandpa shuffled some papers on the wide desk and laid them out in front of Myungsoo. "This will make you a Senior Vice President and placed you in charge should something happen to me."

Myungsoo blinked, feeling blood rush to his cheeks, surprised with his grandpa's words. "Are you expecting something to happen to you?"

"Hopefully not anytime soon but . . ."

"What is it, grandpa?" Myungsoo asked, suspiciously.

"I'm going in for open heart surgery in less than two months."

"Are you okay grandpa?" asked earnestly. He looked at his grandpa with concerned.

"I feel just fine. There's nothing to worry." Grandpa said.

"I didn't know you were sick." Myungsoo said softly. He cursed himself for not noticing sooner that his grandpa was ill.

"Good. I was trying to keep it from the stockholders."

"Point taken." Myungsoo cleared his throat. "But you kept it from the family. Does umma know?"

Grandpa leaned back in his chair. "She knows I was going to have my heart check out."

“But does umma know about the surgery?”

“Not yet.” Grandpa said simply.

"Are you going to tell umma or just have your driver take you to the hospital and disappear for a while?" Myungsoo eyed his grandpa, he continued. "You should probably tell umma before she hears it from someone else."

“Oh, I'll tell her but it depend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter