Chapter 24

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Suzy, I'll be home late today. I'm going to see L after work. It's his birthday today. I totally forgot about it. Gyuri reminded me just now.'

"uhh...Will you be home for dinner?"

'I think you better not to wait for me. I'll see you later. '

The moment the line went dead, her heart did as well. Suzy hangs up with a sigh. It has been the second time this week Myungsoo didn't come home for dinner.

Her mind raced. She had no idea why she was letting him do this to her. She told herself she should try to get away, but her body refused to move. She told herself she should be pissed, but her emotions refused to cooperate.

'Just face this fear. Get it over with. It will pass.' She took a deep breath and nod once.

 

Suzy had quit her job at the Private Art Academy about a year ago because she was worried if the stress at work that kept dragging her to work longer hours was the reason why she still hasn't conceived. With her free time, she enjoyed following Myungsoo on his business trips and filling her other time doing paintings. Myungsoo had prepared a special room for her in their new luxurious penthouse as her painting room.

Suzy stared at the canvas of her unfinished painting that she had started a month ago. She'd imagined her painting to be bright and colourful. She scanned over at the canvas and she breathed in sharply not having a single idea what she was doing. She grabbed her paintbrush and started roughly. The canvas was painted with splotches grey that all faded into each other. At the bottom of the canvas, like platform, was a sea daisies. Their stems had withered and curled, it's black surface bent at odd angles like they were crushed and trampled beneath someone's foot. That's not what she had planned to paint at the beginning.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Myungsoo and Gyuri sat there silently watching L playing with his new toy brought by him. Myungsoo knew Gyuri was looking at him, waiting for him to say something. In his quest to give his son his family name, he’d somehow become exactly her husband and the life she’d left behind. And for every one of those last three years, she slowly became aware of the magnitude of her mistakes.  

“What’s wrong?” Myungsoo asked.

Gyuri sighed. “Never in my life I’ve thought of having this moment with you. As a family.”

“Gyuri, you know how true it is that this is just temporary.”

“I know. Just stay here for one night.”

“That was ridiculous request, Gyuri. You know that will never happen. I have Suzy waiting for me at home."

“I’m not going to do anything with you, Myungsoo. I just want to talk with you.”

“About what?”

“I don’t even know,” She laughed helplessly. “I kept thinking we’d have so much more to say to each other, so much to catch up on. I can only wish I’d never let you go, Myungsoo.”

"We don't have anything more to talk about, Gyuri. Our marriage now is just a pretence, as you already know. I do not want to make things any more complicated between me and Suzy. This will come to an end soon. You're the mother of my child, that's all between us."

‘I can’t believe he’d do this to me… how could he be so cruel… does he not know how much I need him to stay with me.’ Gyuri thought to herself trying to fight back the tears threatening to fall from her eyes. 'But I'm going to change that.'

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Suzy woke up in the middle of the night having a bad dream, she caught her breath and wiped the sweat from her face, and tears from her eyes. She turned her head to his side of the bed, still empty. Suzy looked at the table clock. It showed two thirty in the morning. She grabbed her cell phone and fumbled for it, waiting to see a message. None. Suzy blew out a breath and rolled over onto her back.

Suzy was still awake, staring out into the dark, when she heard the bedroom door being open. Through the dim light she saw Myungsoo quietly entered the bedroom.

"What time is it?" Suzy asked, sitting up in bed.

Myungsoo turned to her. "Hey, you're awake?" He said obviously.  "It's four in the morning. I'm sorry I was late. My car ran out of gas. I had to call for a tow truck to come."

"You could have called me to pick you up." Suzy replied.

"It's okay. It's my fault and I didn't want to trouble you in the middle of the night." Myungsoo said as he walked into the bathroom.

Suzy waited for Myungsoo to come out from the bathroom and change into his pyjamas. "So what did you do with your son today?" She asked.

"I took him to the amusement park and we had dinner."

"Was Gyuri with you too?"

Dang!

Myungsoo eyes widen as he got where Suzy was heading. He cleared his throat nervously, not trusting his voice but did not answer her and remained silent.

Suzy eyed him sharply. "What happened after dinner?"

"Nothing happen, okay?" He answered short, and then his stomach got a little queasy as she asked,

Her brain felt numb and her heart hurt. "God, did she kiss you?"

Myungsoo suddenly became aware that Suzy was staring at his face. He looked annoyed while looking over at her. "Aww... come on. Give me so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter