Chapter 27

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo put his cell on the bed beside him. His Suzy was gone. He couldn't believe it. Myungsoo rocked slightly back and forth and ran his hand through his hair. "No!!" He shouted. He cried silently as he fell roughly onto the bed. He grabbed Suzy's pillow and curled around it. "I love you." They were the only words that could escape his lips at the moment. He kept chanting it like a mantra, hoping it couldsomehow bring his Suzy back to him,  by his side.

The cleaners have left after they completed their job. The whole house seemed so quiet all of a sudden. Eerily quiet. So empty. Myungsoo never felt so empty in his life. Suzy is always the one by his side when he needed someone. Before or after their marriage. He felt so useless… so weak… without her. He didn't know how long he was lying on the bed when he heard the doorbell rang. Sighing, he lazily opened his eyes as he sat up slowly from the bed. He opened the door to see his umma in the door way with a worried look on her face. Myungsoo just left the door open and went to sit on the couch. Mrs Kim walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Myungsoo..." Mrs Kim said as she set her hand on Myungsoo's shoulder and then sat next to him.

"She left, umma. Suzy left. I don't know where she is right now." Myungsoo wiped the tears that were stained on his cheeks.

"Maybe she went back to her old apartment?"

Myungsoo shook his head. "Suzy took her pasport with her, umma. She must have been out of the country by now. But I will find her and bring her home." He nodded.

Mrs Kim sighed. "Myungsoo, umma didn’t know what’s really happened between you and Suzy. You said everything was fine. That, Suzy had agreed with your arrangements and she can accept this temporary divorce. But now what happened?" She looked at her son with serious, concerned gaze.

"I don't know, umma. I really have no idea. She was fine until this morning. We were supposed to meet for lunch today."

"Umma know it has to do with your marriage with Gyuri. There must be some misunderstanding in her."  Mrs Kim sighed. “Umma knew, somehow, she will be hurt although not until the extend she will leave. Well, have you two been fighting?”

Myungsoo sighed. "We did have some quarrels but not more than that. I know it's my fault but we always settled it.” He shook his head. "I don't understand why she chose to leave so sudden like this. It's only tomorrow. Suzy knew that tomorrow I will sign the divorce papers with Gyuri." He choked out the words in between his own dry sobs.

"Mmmm... did Gyuri ever get a chance to talk to Suzy? Umma mean... just the two of them?"

He looked at his umma. "What are you talking about umma? Of course I don't let her meet with Suzy. I won't even let her be near Suzy." It took him few seconds to register what his umma just said. His forehead crumpled. Now he wondered if Gyuri had really spoken to Suzy. He had never thought of the possibility of them two meeting behind his back. He was reminded though that Gyuri was still the same little cub he knew before.

"Maybe she came here when you're at your office."

A wave of fear ran up his spine. His heart beat faster, he could feel his palms getting sweaty. "I'm going to check with the security." He immediately ran towards the door with his umma following behind.

The lift ride down to lobby seemed very slow. Myungsoo keep pressing the button with his trembling hand as if it will make the lift to go down faster than normal. He entered the security room without knocking. "I want to see the security video recording for yesterday and today. There's an urgent matter I need to find out."

The security officer was shocked with the sudden intrusion but seconds later after he recognised him, shaking Myungsoo's hand and leading him to a desk with TV monitors. Mrs Kim took a seat next to him.

Myungsoo only concentrated on the one that showed the entrance running up to the lift. He pressed the play back button, bringing up the image of  Park Gyuri entering lobby and walked straight to the security counter. He watched as she took out a piece of paper from her handbag and showed to them. She was standing just a few feet a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter