Chapter 26

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Myungsoo, you’re back.” Suzy gave Myungsoo her sweet smile when she opened the door for him but avoided all eye contact with him.

Myungsoo noticed her puffy eyes. “Suzy, have you been crying?”

Before Suzy could start a sentence, his eyes finally fixed on hers and she guessed he could tell she had been crying because the next thing she knew, she was engulfed in his arms. Suzy looked up at him, then smiled cheerfully to cover up the fact that she had been crying. "No, I have not. It’s just something got into my eyes when I was making dinner.” Lie.

"Suzy, you can tell me, what's going on?" Myungsoo asked as he held out her hand expectantly. He watched her carefully.

Suzy shook her head, tears threatening to spring from her eyes. "I'm just not feeling well, that's all." She muttered. Myungsoo nodded, but he was convinced, that wasn't the whole truth.

“Suzy,….”

“Are you hungry, Myungsoo? Dinner is ready.” Suzy cut him short.

Not wanting to start another argument,  “All right, I’ll take a shower first. Give me ten minutes.” Myungsoo said, eyeing Suzy as she walked to the kitchen.

Suzy was waiting at the dining table in the dining hall when Myungsoo came out from the bedroom. Suzy tried to keep away all the thoughts about tomorrow. And tonight will be the last night she will spend her time with Myungsoo. This, Suzy froze for second. She and Myungsoo... apart...she hated the idea and her heart hurt at the mere thought of them apart.

"What are all of this?" Myungsoo asked eyeing at the foods on the table. They were all his favorite foods.

"Like it? I prepared this specially for you.” 'I just wanted to make tonight to be the most special night for us.'

Myungsoo crossed the table and stood in front of her. He leaned in and with a smile, he whispered lovingly in Suzy's ear. "You're my special." and successfully turned Suzy's knees into jello. She's losing her balance; she immediately grabbed Myungsoo's neck and leaned onto his chest, listened to his heartbeat, "I love you." Suzy whispered. She's trying hard to control her tears from falling. She tightened her arms and Myungsoo responded back. He wrapped his hands around Suzy's back and rubbed it slowly. "I know." Myungsoo replied. Suzy nodded, swallowing the lump that seemed permanently lodged in .

Suzy could barely breathe as she ate her dinner. She tried to keep their conversation as usual. They shared how their days were. It's sounded like a real happy family. Suzy was washing the plates at the sink when just as if lightning struck; she felt hands on his waist and warms lips against her neck. “Let’s watch a movie.” Myungsoo whispered.

“Let me finish this cleaning. You get the movie ready, okay" Suzy almost shed tears at saying that, remembering it will be the last night for her and Myungsoo to spend the night together. To cradle her in his arms.

“Okay. And you make it quick.” Myungsoo replied happily, not knowing what was waiting for him..

That night was a memorable night for both of them. Suzy will always remember this night they shared together.

Myungsoo woke up late. His body still ached from last night, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is that how beautiful Suzy looked last night. He smiled at the piece of memory. Myungsoo looked beside him, empty. Slowly he went to the bathroom to wash up. 

“Morning, baby.” Myungsoo kissed Suzy’s cheek as he found her in the kitchen. 

“Morning.” Suzy smiled back. ”The pancakes are ready. Let’s eat now.”

Myungsoo took his sit and started eating his breakfast. “I have two meetings lined up today and I might be home late tonight.” Myungsoo said chewing his pancakes.

“Okay, Myungsoo.”  

“But, I want to have lunch with you. Can you come to my office around twelve? My first meeting should ends at that time. The second meeting starts at three.” Myungsoo looked at Suzy questioningly. He could sense something was not right with Suzy today. She was so sweet but talked less. Whenever he asked her anything she would only smile and say a short yes.

Suzy smiled at him. “Okay.” She can’t say more than that, or else her tears will gush out. She immediately looked down at her plate. The atmosphere during breakfast was quieter than usual. Myungsoo kept glancing at Suzy.

"Suzy, are you all right?" finally he couldn’t help but ask.

"Yes, I'm okay." Smiled Suzy. She had to gather all of her strength to give a simple answer to Myungsoo.

Suzy carried Myungsoo’s briefcase and waited by the door. Myungsoo followed behind.  “I love you, Myungsoo” Suzy said and passed him his briefcase.

“I love you more, baby.” Myungsoo replied and pulled her for a kiss. Suddenly thousands butterflies flying in his stomach. He dropped his briefcase on the floor. He didn’t know what is wrong with him. He deepend his kiss and pulled Suzy tighter into his embrace.

Suzy pulled away for a breath. “Myungsoo, you are going to be late. Go now.” She reminded him with a forced smile.

Myungsoo smiled at her. He traced his forefinger on Suzy’s left cheek and stopped under her chin. He tilted the chin up and briefly caressed her lips once again. This time very gently.  “I‘ll see you later, okay?”

Suzy nodded. Myungsoo picked up the briefcase on the floor and left for work.

Suzy closed the door and leaned against it. Right now her heart was breaking and it was all because of her own decision. She wiped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter