Chapter 35

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Four years passed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Mummy."

Suzy groaned softly and rolled over in her bed.

The little voice persisted. "Mummy..."

A little hand came to rest against her face, and Suzy forced her eyes open. Small bright eyes beamed at her from under her bangs.

'You needed a haircut, baby.' She thought.

Suzy smiled, and then groaned when she caught a glimpse of the alarm clock. Just after eight Sunday morning. There used to be a time when she in bed even after ten, but that was all before Miyumi came into her life. Now she enjoyed every chance she got to linger in her bed, which was not often. She still couldn't believe that Miyumi was almost four years old. It seemed like just last month she was in the labour room.

"Myungsoo...."

The name slipped from her lips. Miyumi scrambled into the big bed, grinning brightly at her. "I'm hungry, mummy!"

Suzy took a moment to study her daughter. She has dimples on her cheeks, she got it from his appa. She was sweet and caring, which was certainly something she had gotten from Suzy.

Miyumi pouted again, and Suzy finally laughed and sat up. "Okay baby, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Pancakes!"

Suzy smiled as she sat up against the headboard. “Give mummy ten minutes to go to bathroom then mummy will make pancakes for you. Okay?"

Miyumi grinned and she nodded.

"You can watch Barney show while waiting for mummy to get ready."

"Yayyy..." Miyumi shouted happily and ran out from the room.

Suzy slid out from her bed, suddenly she stopped and looked at the bedside cabinet next to her bed. She opened the top drawer and took out a photo frame. Her photo with Myungsoo in Paris with Eiffel Tower as background. The only momento she took before she left her house almost four years ago. She ran her forefinger on Myungsoo's face. She felt her heart beating faster. She put back the photo inside the drawer and went to the bathroom.

After fixing two pancakes and cutting them up for Miyumi, Suzy poured a milk into her glass and placed it in front of her.

"Thank you, mummy!" The little girl said.

"Eat up your pancakes now, Uncle Kai will be here anytime now to take you to the park."

"Mummy not going?" The little girl asked.

"No. Today mummy just stay home."

"Okay, mummy." Miyumi smiled and starts digging into her food.

Today was Sunday, her favorite day of the week. She had the entire day to spend with her little girl. And that made her happy. Suzy ruffled her daughter’s hair affectionately before going to start a cup of coffee for herself.

The doorbell rang.

"Uncle Kai is here." Suzy said while walking to the front door and opened it. Kai was leaning against the door frame was Kai on one arm, and the other one was holding a box of Suzy's favourite vanilla muffin. He had a cocky grin on his face. Suzy motioned for him to come in. Which he gladly did. He strode past her straight to the kitchen, and took a seat next to Miyumi.

In all his years, Kai had never let himself think of what it would be like to be a father, a true father. But Suzy had given him a glimpse of what it was like and he loved every moments of it. Spending time with Miyumi on Sunday morning has become a number one in his to-do-list for weekend. He and Suzy would normally take Miyumi to the park together. But today, Suzy just wanted to stay home to do some spring cleaning in the house so he will be taking Miyumi out alone. Sometimes he brought Miyumi back to his father's house as requested by him.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

'So, when are you going to ask her?'

'I don't know, dad. I'm working on it. I'm waiting for her to open her heart for a new relationship.'

Kai smiled remembering his conversation with his dad this morning. He was piggy back ride Miyumi from the car park to the lift. Miyumi's hand was holding to his neck while the other hand gripping her ice-cream.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter