Chapter 16

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So, this is the day. Are you still nervous about this meeting, Myungsoo?" Suzy glanced at Myungsoo as they stepped out from the elevator at the second floor where the lawyer's office was located.

"I was. But not anymore.” Myungsoo said, he glanced sweetly at Suzy who smiled back as they both walked down the corridor holding hands. When they reached the door to the meeting room, Myungsoo grinned again as his expression. He knocked on the slightly opened door and push it wide open. He let Suzy walk in first, he followed and shut the door behind him. The room was spacious and cozy also well-appointed with comfortable seating arrangement. Accompanying the room were Mrs. Kim Jaena and the other two Vice Presidents of Kim Corp., Kim Daehim and Han Jaeshik, who had arrived earlier.

Park Kimsoo, the lawyer, was sitting behind his desk nods to him, acknowledged his arrival with Suzy.

Myungsoo went to shake all hands in the room and took his seat in a wingchair next Han Jaeshik, and Gyuri’s father, and a Senior Vice President of Kim Corp., Park Daehim, seated in another wingchair opposite them. While Suzy took her seat next to Mrs. Kim on a couch and received  kisses on her cheeks from her dearest mother-in-law. 

“We are all here.” Mrs. Kim acknowledged to the lawyer.

 Park Kimsoo looked up at her and smiled. “We're just waiting on one more person.”

The room fell into a dead like silence. Everyone was looking at the lawyer. In a second, there’s a knock at the door. The door was opened,

“Sorry, I'm late.”

All heads and eyes turned to the voice coming from the door way. And to everybody’s surprise, Park Gyuri breezed in, looking like a fashion plate as she is in head to toe bright red.

Suzy froze as gentle whispering filled her head, unable to believe who just came in.

Myungsoo hopped from his seat.  “What are you doing here?” Myungsoo questioned her.

“I was invited.” She chuckled lightly in annoyance that made Myungsoo stared at her with wide eyes. 

Had he heard that right? “By who?”

“That would be me.” The lawyer answered from behind his desk.

Myungsoo turned to the lawyer, arched a brow. “Why?”

“Because she has business here.”

"What does she have to do with this, today?" Myungsoo asked, trying to hide his obvious anxiousness.

The lawyer cleared his throat. “We will go through that later. Miss Park, please take your seat.” He's trying to ease the tension that building in the room.

Myungsoo stared at her a minute. And she stared back at him, like they're secretly having silent communication with other.

"Okay," Was only what Myungsoo was saying, his tone suspiciously mild. He walked to Suzy's to sit on the armrest when Suzy stood up and gave her place to him. She went to stand behind him, who remained impassive, his eyes blinking at slow intervals. She put her hands on Myungsoo's shoulder.

Park Gyuri took Myungsoo's vacated chair, folding her leg over the other as she mulled things over. Her face still beautiful and emotionless mask, closed her eyes, not like she was tired, as if to help her calm down.

“Shall we begin?” Park Kimsoo asked. After he made sure that everybody nodded, he walked up to his seat, seated facing everybody. He adjusted his glasses and started reading the will.

“To summarize, Mr. Kim Jaehon left his fifty-five percent shares in the company to be split amongst Mr. Kim Myungsoo, Mr. Park Daehim, Mr. Han Jaebom and Mrs Kim Jaena. Mr. Kim Myungsoo will receive thirty-three percent of the said shares, while Mr. Park Daehim and Mr. Han Jaebom will receive five percent respectively. Mrs. Kim Jaena will receive five percent of the said share."

The lawyer looked and smiled at Myungsoo. "This will also state that, Mr. Kim Myungsoo is now the appointed President of Kim Corp. starting from today.”

“How about the other two percent of the left share?” Myungsoo asked.

“I will come to that Mr. Kim.” The lawyer replied, looking at him and continued. “The house and grounds, he left to Mrs. Kim Jeana.”

Myungsoo raised his hand and the lawyer noticed him. "Yes, Mr. Kim?"

“When did you say my grandpa wrote this?” Myungsoo asked.

“He updated the will earlier this week and signed it just before the wedding.” Park Kimsoo shuffled the papers.

Myungsoo nodded and Park Kimsoo continued. “Mr. Kim Jaehon left trusts to the Historical Society and the hospital for five hundred million won each." He paused before he continued. "Mr. Kim Jaehom bequest two percent of the company shares left" He looked up at Gyuri. "….to be allocated to Ms. Park Gyuri or two billion won in term of cash.”

"That was.... interesting." Gyuri stated with a nod. She folded her arms on her chest.

Myungsoo's mouth dropped open like a drawbridge.

Suzy gasped.

Kim Daehim looked at his daughter.

The room was deathly quiet.

Gyuri seemed amazed and stunned. She just sat there, she could feel the burning gaze, knowing all eyes were on her. She tilted her head to the side and smiled almost automatically.

“Any other assets both real and monetary are left to be divided equally between Mrs. Kim Jeana and Mr. Kim Myungsoo and his spouse.  That concludes the last will and testament of Mr. Kim Jaehon." Lawyer Park Kimsoo took a pen and seemed scribbled something on the paper.

The silence in the room suddenly seemed so heavy that the clock ticking on the metal piece as if it had been magnified a hundred times can be heard.

“He left mon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter