Chapter 21

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I left Korea right after after meeting you at the lawyer's office.”

Myungsoo blinked wildly, trying to shake himself from daze, feeling a pang of guilt as Gyuri stared at him. He looked down at the floor.. Old memories began to surface, once he thought he had manage to bury deep within him, never to be brought into the light. “Why…. Why didn't you tell me? Or at least tell me about grandpa."  He asked gently. There’s a pain in his eyes.

Gyuri laughed and rubbed her neck awkwardly. "Will it make any difference?"

Myungsoo turned and stared at her. If only looks could kill, she’s already dead.

Her laugh died. She sighed. "Because... because it's embarrassing. I mean, I was devastated, angry, embarrassed… I don't think there was an emotion that I didn't feel. I honestly loved you Myungsoo, with all my heart but.... "

“You chose money over me. You threw me like a dump!” Myungsoo spoke with voice full of venom.

“That’s not true. Money is not the matter to me. But when your grandpa came to see me with only intention to break me from you, what choice did I have?"

“You should have told me!” He wasn’t beginning to grow frustrated, almost feeling guilty about it since the truth. He was trying to smooth things over, trying to make some sort of peace between them. He let out a sigh, almost a groan. “Why don’t you tell me?”

Gyuri gave him a look and said “You think I want it to happen this way on purpose? You think I want it? The way your grandpa perceived me as if I only after your money. That’s what he saw on my face."

“But this is our problem and it's become my problem too. And....that’s not how you supposed to treat me. Left me like an idiot in that restaurant.” Now anger flared in Myungsoo's heart and he flared his nostril, keeping his gaze with Gyuri.

“I have no choice. I didn’t want to make your relationship with grandpa worsen. He said he will hold the promotion as long as he lives if you marry me.” She turned her head away.

"Gyuri, if I was to marry you, it's not becase of the promotion but becase I love you. In the end, I'm still the heir to the company."

Gyuri stayed silent. She kept her face impassive, turning away from him. Myungsoo heard her sigh and couldn't help but looked her. 'Why doesn't she cry? Why is she trying to act so strong?' Gyuri looked back up and noticed his stare. Myungsoo noticed her eyes glistened from the tears but then she would look down to the floor and forced them back.

“Where were you all this time?” He asked, this time, gently.

“I stayed with my friend in Canada until L was born. I came back three months ago." She waited for few moments before continuing. "Look, I know don't deserve your forgiveness. Past is past. I don't plan to stay here long. I'm going back to Canada again after I settled my things here.”

Myungsoo was a little shocked to hear what Gyuri said. "Do your parents know about this?"

"Of course. I have to beg to them not to tell anything to you."

“I feel horrible that I didn’t know that.” Myungsoo said sighing; he turned his gaze to L and saw the little boy was smiling at him. His heart beating faster. 'My son. My own flesh and blood.'

"How long do you planned to hiding this from me?"

Gyuri sent him a weak smile in return. She held her gaze for a long moment, long enough to make her wonder why she had allowed him into her apartment in the first place. "Do you really think that you want to know about my pregnancy just before your wedding?"

A small moment of silence erupted between them.

He just looked at her for a moment before answering, "To tell you truth, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel if I found you were pregnant at that time." He ran his fingers through his hair. “I love  Suzy. I cannot live without her."

"I think I know what you mean. You don't have to mention it." She said, waiving her hand dismissively. Her facial expressions could only be described as annoyed. She gritted her teeth. Myungsoo's words like a knife stab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter