Chapter 31

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Where is my father?” Kai asked the maid as soon as he entered his father’s house.

“Your father is in his study room.”

“Thank you.” Kai said, hurried his steps almost running to his father's study room. He knocked on the door, and in respond to his father’s call, he swirled into the room, closing the door behind him. His smiling gaze took in his father, seated behind his desk, directly in front of him.

"Dad..." Kai said with imploring eyes, “I need your help."

"Well, good evening to you too and welcome home. Finally, managed to find your way home." His father said sarcastically.

"Dad, please, cut that out. I need your help."

"You need my help?" His eyes grew slightest bit, a confused look showed on his face. 'This is unusual.' He thought.

"Yes, dad. I need your help. It is very important to me and you're the only one that can do it for me."

"And why I should help you this time, son?"

Kai sighed. "Okay, dad. I will stop messing around and I'll get a job and stay in one place. With you... here." He pursed his lips and looked down at his feet like a little boy was waiting for his punishment.

His father's eyes opened wider in disbelief. 'What on earth is happening to him? That wasn't something can happen easily.' He nodded then smiled. "That's a good returns. I can accept that." He clapped his hands once. "All right, what kind of a help do you need from me?"

Kai looked up and smiled like he never smile before. A smile with hidden meaning. “Thank you, dad.”

After he told his father the help he needed to say, he went up to his bedroom. Throwing his jacket on the couch, he slammed his body onto his bed and started thinking. Thinking of her hair, her lovely soft skin, her black eyes, her lips "… ! Why are you so beautiful? For two hours he stayed by the hospital bed watching her when Suzy was unconsious. He didn't know anything about Suzy. He had to keep reminding himself that he didn't even know Suzy before today. How come he felt like they had known each other for so much longer that he felt like he wanted to protect her and make her happy? At the sudden thought he smiled instantly. 'She will be more beautiful if she’s smiling. Then I must always make her happy. I will take care of her and her baby. I will give her everything she needed to make her happy staying here.' Thinking about it made Kai smiled even wider.

Kai opened his wardrobe, looking at what he could possibly wear to dinner in few hours. Even though he has his own apartment and been living on his own, but he still has his clothes arranged nicely in the wardrobe. He scanned through his clothes and decided on a black pants, with a white shirt. He laid the clothes on the bed with a smile on his face. He went to the bathroom and took a quick shower and then dressed.  After making sure that he had everything he would need for the day he grabbed his car keys and then headed out of his bedroom and down the steps. Seeing that it was already six o’clock, he walked faster out of the house to his car. He needed to buy something before he fetch Suzy for dinner. He jumped in the driver seat and started his car and then pulled out of the driveway.

Suzy was just finished putting lip gloss on her dry lips when the doorbell rang. She forced a smile on her face and went to the front to open the door.  “Hi” Suzy said holding the door open.

Kai realized the smile that Suzy showed to him was forced but even though, it’s enough to make his heart sing. He stepped inside. “So, are you ready to go?”

“Yes, I'm ready. Come on in first. I’ll go get my handbag.”

Kai walked in and closed the door behind him. He followed Suzy t the living room. "Still nervous?" He asked.

Suzy turned to him and nodded, feeling a bit jittery. "I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous.” She admitted.

Kai smiled warmly and said, "It’s pointless trying to convince you because I know you’re still going to worry about it.”he said rather truthfully. He fished out something from his pants pocket. “Suzy, take this.” He hold out a cell phone to her.

Suzy blinked, surprised. “Why are you giving me a cell phone?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter