Chapter 42

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A series of knockings was heard at his door. Kai forced his eyes open and groaned at the light that had successfully penetrated the curtain in the room and was shining brightly on his face. He looked at the blinking digital clock on his bedside table. It’s barely seven thirty in the morning. His head felt heavy as he had a sleepless night. This was his second sleepless night in a row. Through, It seemed that his thoughts didn't care if he sleeps or not. They were determined to keep him conscious, thinking and worrying.

"Young Master?” a voice said. Recognizing the maid’s voice, Kai swung his legs off of his bed and walked lazily to the door and opened it. “What is it?” Kai asked.

“There’s a man whom wanted to see you downstairs. He said it’s urgent.”

Kai hesitated for a moment. “Thank you,” He took few minutes to refresh in the bathroom and make sure he looked presentable before he walked down the stairs. He wondered who could it be that wanted to see him at this early hour in the morning. His eyes scanned the unfamiliar silhouette of the visitor as he took slow steps down the stairs. He stopped at the last step of the stair and stared wide-eyed at the visitor standing before him.

Kim Myungsoo stood there, staring at the huge family photo on the wall, feeling his heart pounding erratically, creating a lump in his throat. In truth, he had never felt so nervous before in all of his life, as he waited anxiously for Kai. Myungsoo turned at the sound of the footsteps behind him.

“How did you get in here? Who let you in?” Kai asked, his voice rose with each question. His feet kept him rooted to the stair, as he stared at the visitor with shock all over his face.

“I did.” His father answered, walking out from behind him. “I found him sleeping inside his car outside the gate after I came back from my morning jog.” He shot Kai a look that told him to behave while he gave Myungsoo a warm smile, then left for his study room.

Kai turned to Myungsoo and took two steps towards him. “What do you want?” He asked, slightly put out after being told off by his father.

“I’m Kim Myungsoo.” The visitor said before being interrupted by his disgruntled host.

“I know who you are. Just state your reason for being here.” Kai cut in, his voice hostile as his arms came up to cross over his chest.

“Ahh, I’m… sorry to disturb you so early in the morning but I wanted to talk to you.” he said remembering some of his manners.

Not missing a beat, Kai retorted. “Then talk.” He growled in his dark voice.

They stare at each other coldly for a few more moments. Kai’s foot still hasn’t moved, and he certainly hasn’t shown any reaction.

“You know why I’m here. I need to talk to her." Myungsoo said, his voice almost a whisper. Feeling the hostility directed at him, he ran his hand through his already messy hair, so that he wouldn’t do something he’d regret.

Clearly not willing to back down, Kai replied in the same hostile tone. “Don’t give me that face. You know what my answer is.” Judging from the change in his expression, Kai could tell Kim Myungsoo hated his answer.

Myungsoo’s face had a pained look. “Please let me see Suzy. I need to talk to her. And the little girl…. is she…. is my daughter?"

Kai clenched his jaw tight at hearing Myungsoo mention Miyumi's name.

"Her name is Kim... Kim Miyumi."

“What makes you think the girl is your daughter? I'm... Kim Jongin. She’s mine. I held her in my arms since the first day of her life.”

Myungsoo stared at him. "That doesn't mean she's your daughter. I know, she’s not yours. I heard she called you ‘uncle’ which means you’re not her father.” Myungsoo said, confidently. "Kim Miyumi is my daughter, isn't it?"

‘’

"What makes you think by coming here today, you will be able to see her?" Kai asked, his glare unrelenting.

"Please give me my right. Suzy is my wife.” Myungsoo’s voice broke, feeling a little helpless.

Kai's head snapped up and he narrowed his eyes upon hearing Myungsoo's words. "Suzy is your ex- wife! And you lost your ing right when you asked her to sign that divorce paper." Kai said through gritted teeth.

There it was. Myungsoo felt like he'd been punched in the gut. His head began to spin. What he really wanted to do now, was to punch him, threaten him if he even breathed near his wife, - ex-wife- that he'd kill him. But Myungsoo knew he couldn't do that. Because every word Kai had said was true.

Myungsoo sighed, his hand ran through his hair again, only to gripped it tightly. "I don't have to explain to you how stupid I was at that time. You have no idea what had happened. You weren't there. I've been looking for her everywhere for the past four years. So stop trying to tell me what to do!" Myungsoo snapped. He saw Kai wince slightly at at the tone of his voice. He moved towards Kai, forcing his feet to continue on, and so desperate not to lose the love of his life, putting his pride aside, he lowered his head he knelt down on his knees in front of Kai. “Please I beg of you. Let me meet Suzy. And my daughter. Even if just for a few minutes. Please.”

Kai's breath caught in his throat as Myungsoo dropped to his knees in front of him. His face was one shock and dissapoi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter