Overflow!

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
VOLUME XCV: OVERFLOW! ~ DEAD

OVERFLOW
THE BEGINNING
“You two must be surprised to see me alive and kicking.”

Silence except for Jun’s laborious breathing.

“What? After so long… this is the kind of welcome I receive?”

“Why are you… doing this… Jun?” every word was agonizingly painful to utter for Ki.

“I’m surprised you still remember I’m Jun after we switched places years ago.” his unthinking laughter was bone chilling.

“That castle had driven me to the brink of insanity!” he pointed towards the castle. His words were like fire.

“Ever since I found out we were bred to live our lives as their little puppets, I wanted that castle and everyone in it to crumble.” He took a breath and continued, “Hye just went on being their precious little daughter like an ignorant fool and you… you my dear brother… you were the worst. Speaking out their wrong doings but having no actions against it.”

“Jun, you were silent-“

“I was planning for today!!!” Jun shot back at Ki. “For years I have waited for this moment. I have seen this countless times in my head.”

Hye found her voice and interrupted Jun. “What have you done to Jae. Please give him back to me.”

“Ahh… if it isn’t our little doll princess. You’ve done nice work on Ki’s face.” Pause. “You know... I’ve always dreamed of killing you first. Then, you can rejoin that clown in hell.”

Jun pulled out his rapier and pointed it at the terrified Hye.

“Jun, don’t do it… she’s innocent…”

“Haven’t you learned yet, Ki? No one is innocent.” Jun lunged towards Hye with his rapier pointed directly at her heart. With the rest of his strength, Ki flunked himself in front of her and was able to grab part of the blade, slowing its progression. Jun carefully shifted his rapier and force it forward. The blade slide through Ki’s hands and into his chest. Jun pulled it out quick and his brother collapsed onto the ground.

Hye couldn’t process what was happening… It was a nightmare, she told herself.

Wake up, Hye.

Wake up…

But there was no waking.

It was all real.

Jun threw his rapier to the side and laughed. It was a sickening sight. “He actually threw himself in front of you. This is hilarious…”

Hye was afraid of this mad man but at the same time she felt the anger build up inside of her. All this time, he had faked his death and now he was back.

Jae and Ki… who would never be able to speak to her again. The ones she loved most. The ones who gifted her with new life. It was all because of him.

This mad man.

This monster.

He was still laughing… how could he still be laughing…

Her hand found the hilt of the rapier. She could feel a new strength being reborn.

The next thing she knew, the menacing sword had plunged deep into his heart. Hye released the hilt immediately as if it shocked her. She half expected to see his angry face… but no… Jun smiled. It was the same smile she saw when they were both asleep in the forest with their fairy wings. It was beautiful.

Her eyes stung with tears.

Before he fell to the ground, Jun spoke his last words to her, “How does it feel… to suffer like me?”

What had she done during her moment of blind madness? Jae, Ki, and now Jun. Her tears were endless as she crawled towards Jun’s body.

Why should she go on living when everyone else was dead? Her heart had already gone cold.

Hye inched closer to the sword protruding from Jun’s chest.

If there was an afterlife, at least she could see them all again…

Before she collapsed onto the blood stained blade, a pair of warm familiar hands caught her.

Was this Death’s pity?



Sykotica Notes: Just keep put images in CONTENTID2, everything that doesn't fit in there will be hidden nicely. For the preview, I placed an image pressed ENTER then some text. CONTENTID1 will scroll so you can continue looking at the pretty pictures in CONTENTID2. I included CONTENTID3 on the top just in case there's something that needs to be there permanently throughout the scrolling fun. This is probably not mobile-friendly (but it does resize with your screen) lol The overflow will probably allow me to create static backgrounds. (:

Layout Reference: #50 Sticky Notes