Kitty Window

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
VOLUME LIV: Kitty Window
VOLUME LIV: Kitty Window
One Winged Angel ~ Part Four
One Winged Angel ~ Part Four
“So you’re an angel… and you expect me to believe that?” Cyndi stepped back, ready to knock him out with the fire poker in case he tried anything funny in his state.

“Last time I checked… yes…”

“Go on then… prove it.”

“How do I prove it?”

“Well, can you fly?” It was the first thing that came to her mind. Angels fly, right? She let down her guard just a little. The guy was wearing a pink tutu after all… it didn’t look like he could hurt a fly.

“Usually I can but I’ve tried. It’s a little odd actually.”

“Oh… now you’re just lying.”

She should really just kick him out and make sure everything was locked.

“I think it’s because we all have one wing down here. Not just me. You have one too.”

“What?” Cyndi wanted to smack some sense into him. Not only was he an “angel”… she had a wing too? What was he spouting on about.

“Let's see if you feel this…” Hero stepped closer until he stood right by her. He raised his hand and flicked the air behind her.

“Ow! What the heck did you just do?” Cyndi turned to kick him but she slipped.

You would think Hero had the speed to catch her.

Dream on.

Cyndi landed on her with a soft thud. Good thing she didn’t land on her tail bone or else it would have been hell. Hero stood there like a log again. His stare was beginning to annoy her. What kind of self-proclaimed angel lets someone else fall and watch without blinking? He didn’t even try catching her or helping her up.

“Did you feel that?” Hero finally spoke up.

“Duh.. I fell on my and it hurts.”

“No. I meant the little sting before that.” From the look on his face, she could tell he was eager to hear her answer.

Cyndi thought back and remembered the static shock. “Oh that… wait, did you do that?”

Hero smiled, showing off all his straight white teeth, “I flicked your wing and you felt it.”

Cyndi’s eyes widened. What the heck? She shook her head. Danger zone. She was that close to believing him.

“That was just a coincidence.”

“Want me to try it again?” He still had that bright smile stuck on his face as he crouched down beside her.

Cyndi scooted away. Was she afraid of the static shock… or was she afraid that it might be true… everything he said before.

Hero came closer. She tried to move away again but… eh, too late.

She felt the sting on her back every time he flicked the air behind her. Did she really have an invisible wing back there?

“Stop it… Stop it right now!” She screamed in his ear and he stopped.

Cyndi wasn’t about to give in. It was probably some kind of trick. He could be in possession of a cool device that sent small electric currents. She was determined to find the source of this little joke of his.

Cyndi began probing Hero’s body for hidden devices. She checked the tutu. She checked the tight shirt around him. Wow… he had really nice abs. She ruffled his hair next to see if he had any secret stuff disguised as a hairpin.

“What are you doing? Is this some kind of initiation to stay in this world?” Hero was confused and a little embarrassed. Actually… it might be the first time he was ever embarrassed but of course he didn’t know that he was. Hero just felt a little extra hot as Cyndi double checked the tutu.

The jingling of keys. The door knob turning. Oh my gosh. Someone was home.

The door swung open.

“What in the world…. Cyndi? Are you out of your mind?”

Shoot. She was caught ruffling up a strange guy. Even worse. She was caught by Vic, her perfect in every way half brother.

How was she going to explain the situation… wait, was there even one?

Sykotica Notes: Animated this window here. I just realized how girly this is.