Lavender A&E

Sykotica Preview Layouts

XSYKOTICA
VOLUME CLXXII: Lavender A&E

Arranged or Estranged? Introduction

So... how do arranged marriage stories start? Oh, right. There's this really big and cool company in S. Korea owned by Kim Jaejoong's umma. We'll call this Company XX. There's also this other really big and cool company in Taiwan owned by Wang Xinling's baba. We'll call this Company XY. What do these companies specialize in? Eh, is it important? Skip. And then... you know... they want to make it even cooler by joining forces to slay the dragon. The only way to link the two really big and cool companies is through matrimony. Why does it have to be matrimony? Who the hell knows. It's just like that, okay? They can't just draw up a contract like normal companies. They got to marry two people off to make it official like some superstitious ritual (still waiting on them to dance around a rock in business attires under a full moon). Seriously, like it's going to make backstabbing harder. It's the complete opposite, okay? Haven't we watched enough plausible, revenge dramas where the protagonist enters the company's family to take revenge from the inside? Arranged marriage is like inviting the shark into the bay. Like seriously. These people must enjoy living on the dangerous side.

So... umma and baba are getting their kids together because really, all parents don't give a about their kid's future happiness. It's all about what's profitable (like slaying the dragon).

Conveniently, both Jaejoong and Xinling have no siblings. They're well matched (the reason for this, we will find out later on). No problem. Now... for their personalities. What's fashionable these days? Players? Yeah, let's make Jaejoong a playyyyyah who likes to wear sunglasses... even on cloudy days. He'll never leave his high-class home without them. Sweet talker or arrogant ice prince? Can't we have both? Sure. We can have him switch from day to day. Let's throw in some narcissism while we're at it. Just a pinch. Eye-liner, circle lense wearing narcissist. Sounds good. Oh, and he will also have a tendency to flaunt his chest... at every opportunity... hence this shirtless close-up.

aejj-1.png aexl-1.png

Moving on. Xinling's an heiress. Ugh, if only she was a poor girl with no connections, etc, etc, etc. Oh, wait. we can do that. She runs away from her baba and all the service peeps in order to live on her own. Let's see... she doesn't really wear make-up (cosmetics = expensive) unless it's for work (as a hotel concierge). She wears casual clothes like tee shirt and jeans kind of stuff (outside of work). Wait, why are we discussing only outer appearance? Uh, because there's nothing inside! She's kind of boring, huh? Let's make her crazy. She will have a tendency to stick out her tongue randomly... at the most inappropriate time... hence this tongue close-up.

So... we good? We good. *thumbs up*



Sykotica Notes: The story with this layout preview has been made invite only, so I moved its preview to this thread where everyone can access it. Along with Menu2 and the AFF anniversary layouts, this one will remain free. Features of this layout include fade in fade out background while scrolling and the fixed heart background on the right-hand side.

One day someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else.

Layout Reference: #16 Old Paint