Prologue: JeTi

Entangled

(Tiffany’s POV)

I stood at the doorway, staring at her lovely peaceful face. I just wanted one more moment before I was forced to wake her up...

“Jess, wake up,” I greeted her.

I put my hand on her shoulder and gave her a little shake. There was no reaction.

“Jess! Wake up!” I said again, louder this time.

She stirred around the bed and yawned but she was still asleep.

“Yah! Jessica Jung! Get your sleepy up RIGHT NOW!” I shouted.

I was getting more and more impatient as my attempts to wake her up only resulted in failures. I grabbed her arm and started tugging at it.

We had an early flight to catch which meant that Jessica had to spend the night at the dorm instead of at home. Since I was usually the first one to wake, I was in charge of waking her up. Don’t get me wrong, I love her and all, and I mean I really do love her, in fact I’ve had a crush on her for the longest time… but… it was a nightmare trying to get her to wake up and once she does, the wake-er was always the bearer of her wrath.

How does Krystal manage to wake her up every day?

My tugging became a tug-of-war with her but she was surprisingly strong for her skinny build and she had leverage over me since I was leaning over her, so I lost balance and fell onto the bed. Amazingly she was still asleep.

Unreal! Curse you Jessica! If you didn’t look like a cute little kitten when you’re sleeping I would totally slap you silly.

I attempted to pull myself up but her hold was strong and to make it worse she had her legs wrapped around me. I lost my will to fight her for a second. It felt so warm in her embrace I wanted to fall back asleep. I was beginning to doze off again when I suddenly felt a hard knock on my head.

“Yah! What are you doing you ert!” Jessica howled, giving me a stern look.

“What?! Me?! You’re the one who pulled me into bed and wrapped yourself around me… I was just trying to wake you up,” I complained.

Now that she was awake, I wished she was back asleep.

“Oh really…? You looked so comfortable though… Maybe you were enjoying it just a little…” she smirked.

I blushed furiously. She was right but there was no way I would admit to that.

“Nuh-uh! You were suffocating me, more like.” Her teasing had caused me to go into full schoolgirl mode.

She just giggled.

“But seriously, you should get up now; we’re going to be late for our flight otherwise. We’re on a pretty tight schedule.”

“Nnnngggg… Just 5 more minutes, pwease…” she whined.

Why does she have to keep tugging at my heartstrings like this? She knew that I couldn’t say no if she did that.

“Fine... I’ll tell the rest to get ready first but ONLY 5 more minutes! No more!”

“Thanks, Fany-ah,” she replied with a grin.

She playfully rubbed her face on my shoulder just like a pet would.

I felt my knees go weak. It was a good thing I was still sitting in bed. I finally managed to pull myself off of the bed as she curled back into bed.

I shook my head just looking at her.

“5 minutes!” I repeated. “Or else…”

“Or else what…? You’ll get back into bed with me?” she teased. “You know… I like it better when you wake me up as compared to Yuri.” She gave me a wink.

I never understood it when she said things like that. Is she like this to everyone? Is it because she knows I have a crush on her? Or is she doing this just for kicks? The problem was that she only behaved like this when the others weren’t around. It was getting really frustrating trying to figure her out.

In typical Jessica Jung style, she manages to get ready just in the nick of time. I don’t know how she pulls it off but in the end she always looks so effortless and chic; maybe it’s because she gets the most sleep.

I waited for her to get done so that we could sit in the van together but she just brushed past me and squeezed herself between Yuri and Yoona instead. I definitely felt a pang of jealousy especially since she so coldly ignored me. The entire ride to the airport, she, Yuri and Yoona were all laughs talking about who-knows-what. She never even once said anything to me.

When we got to the airport, we checked-in and our seats were assigned randomly. That was the case most of the time and then we just switched around however we liked. I was assigned to seat with Sooyoung.

“Fany-ah!” called Jessica as she strutted towards me. She was using her I-want-something-from-you tone.

Oh, so now I exist?

“What did you want from me now?” I asked bluntly, still feeling a little bitter.

“What makes you think I wanted something from you?” she pouted.

“Don’t you…?” I asked incredulously.

“Noooo… I was just going to tell you that I switched seats with Sooyoung. She wanted to sit with Yul…” she responded casually.

“Oh… so you switched because Soo asked you to? I thought you’d want to sit with Yul since you two were having so much fun on the way here,” I huffed.

“Actually… I was going to switch with Soo anyway… Why? Don’t you want to sit with me? I can always switch back…” She actually sounded slightly disappointed.

“No… That’s not what I meant…” I sighed in frustration.

“Don’t be like that, Tiff…” she told me and then she poked me in the cheek. “Why are you upset?”

“I’m not upset…” I told her.

She swung her arms around my shoulder.

“If you say so my little mushroom,” she taunted and stuck her tongue out at me. “By the way, just so you know… I’ll probably be using you as my pillow again.”

Ohmigod, what did she just say?!

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. This was exactly what I was talking about earlier.

“And you accused me of being the ert… I thought you were asleep then?!”

She just laughed mischievously and said, “I was just pretending… so sue me…”