Power Struggle

Entangled

(Tiffany’s POV)

“Jess, I can’t just keep driving around without a destination… Either you tell me where to go or I’m taking you home,” I told her after over an hour of driving.

“Can’t we just go back to your place?” she asked.

“No… I do not condone this ridiculous fight so I will not allow you to hide at my place.”

“Come on! I’m doing you a favor why won’t you do me one?”

“I am… this is for your own good!”

“Ugh! Fine… take me home. She’s probably off somewhere with Taeyeon anyway,” she huffed.

Why did she have to say that?! Now it was all I could think about…

“You really think so? I guess it wouldn’t surprise me if they were… Taeyeon wouldn’t just leave Krystal alone…” I said but on the inside I was desperately hoping it wasn’t true.

“I told you, you should have made your move…”

“It’s not as easy as you think, okay?! This could possibly be life changing.”

“Exactly! You could be with the one you love. What’s better than that?”

“Or I could lose her forever.”

“But if you don’t tell her, you’ll lose her eventually anyway.”

“Yeah but at least she’d still be my best friend.”

“And you’ll be able to live happily like that?”

“Yes… No… Ugh! I don’t know… Of course I want to be with her, okay?!”

“How ironic that you’re telling me all this when you’ve only recently confessed to me… I can’t believe you!”

“Ah! I’m sorry! I didn’t even think about how you’d feel about this… I really put my foot in my mouth didn’t I?!”

“I was just kidding… I’m totally passed that… and apparently so are you…” she joked again.

 “Why you gotta be like that?!” I smacked her lightly on the arm.

“Can’t help it… It was calling to me…”

“Aish! You’re terrible, Jess! I take it all back!”

“You can’t take it back… It’s already out there in the universe…”

“Well… then I hope it’ll get lost in a black hole somewhere!”

“I’m liking this side of you Tiff…” she laughed. “This whole Taeyeon thing has really brought out a different side of you… Maybe I made the wrong decision…”

“Too late… You’ll just have to live your life in regret…” This time it was me who did the teasing.

She burst out laughing. It was nice to see her laugh. She’s been in such a weird mood lately…

“Seriously though… when is it your turn to find someone you love and settle down?” I asked her. It’s curious that she’s never really shown any interest in dating or has mentioned anything about liking someone.

“Don’t worry about me… Just get yourself sorted first!”

And she was back to being Jess again…

I drove her back to her place. I didn’t bother seeing her to her door. If Krystal was home, they should sort that out themselves.

“Hey! Don’t forget! Dinner at 7! I’ll come pick you up at 6.30. You’d better be ready!” I told her before I drove off.


(Jessica’s POV)

FINALLY! I’m home… I wondered if Kryssie was home too… Alone, I hoped. I missed her so much. It’s been almost 24 hours since I felt her touch. It’s too long!

I didn’t call out for her just in case Taeyeon was around, but I didn’t have to. Even before I could close the door, she came running out of her room. She stopped midway.

“Is Tiffany unni around? she mouthed.

“Nope. Just me…” I smiled.

She launched herself into my arms. Oh God, it felt so good to have her in my arms again!

“I thought we’d never have any alone time before this thing was over…” she said. She was hugging me so tightly that she was cutting off my blood circulation.

“Can’t… breathe… Why… are… you… so… heavy…?” I said jokingly.

“I don’t care… I intend on staying like this for a while longer…” she said as she slapped me on the back.

She wasn’t lying about not letting go. I walked us both to the living room, with her still clinging onto me.

“Have you just been home since we left?” I asked her.

“Yeah… I was hoping you’d come home some time before dinner…”

“Me too… Good thing Tiff was all for you and me making up…” I grinned.

“Did you tell Taeyeon unni that we were over? Because I told her I wasn’t going to give you up that easily and that we were going to make you regret ever giving me up,” she said smugly.

“Oh really?! And what if I don’t want you back? This whole situation has brought out a whole new side of Tiff, I’ve never seen… I’m quite attracted to her right now…” I told her.

“Yah, yah! Jugeullae?!” she threatened with her clenched fist at the ready.

I immediately gave her a peck on the lips.

“Oh, but it’s nothing compared to my Kryssie’s violent threats…” I teased. “How can I live without them…?”

She gave me a look of annoyance mixed with happiness and embarrassment. Oh, she was so cute!

“You think it’s all going to go down tonight? I can’t hold up this charade any longer… I’m so tired of lying…” she whined.

“I know… I hope so. I think I’ve pretty much got Tiff to the breaking point… What about Taeyeon?”

“Honestly, she’s tougher to break than I thought… She’s not really letting on about anything…”

“Hmmm… she’s a closed book that one, isn’t she? She’s always worrying about other people… she should worry about herself!”

“I know… she’s so caring… She’s totally my type…” she said cheekily.

I knew she was teasing me but I couldn’t help but be jealous. Still, I wasn’t going to fall into her trap!

“Oh, I see… Good for you... You’ve found your ideal type…” I said, hiding my jealousy as best as I could.

I could see that she was actually frustrated that I wasn’t giving her the response she was hoping for.

“Aren’t you afraid that I might leave you for her? Heung!”

“Well… if she’s your ideal type, then I’m happy for you…” I was obviously lying.

“I said she’s my type but I never said she’s my ideal type… I already have my ideal type…”

“Oh, really?! Who is it…?”

“You know who it is!”

“I have no idea who you’re talking about…”

“Please, don’t make me say it…”

“It’s up to you… You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to…”

“Ugh! You’re so mean, Jessie. You know it’s YOU!” she yelled.

“How am I supposed to know if you don’t tell me…?” I smirked.

“Ugh! I’m not talking to you anymore! I’m going to my room!” she stormed off.

Have I gone overboard?

“Aww… Kryssie… I’m sorry! Don’t be mad… I just need to know how you feel about me from time to time!” I chased after.

“Yeah well… this is how I feel about you right now!” she slammed her room door in my face.

I guess I should stop teasing her all the time…

I knocked on her door.

“Kryssie… Don’t be angry…we’ve only got a short alone time before we have to go for dinner…”

I tried the door handle and it wasn’t locked, so I invited myself in.

“Get out!” she threw her pillow at me the moment I stepped in.

With my terribly unathletic and slow reaction, and her strong arm, the pillow hit me right in the gut and it actually knocked me off my feet. I fell to the ground.

“Owww!” I cried in reaction to the fall and hit.

“Ohmigod, eotteohke?!” she ran over to me in a panic. “I’m sorry, Jessie!”

I pulled myself up. “That’s okay… I deserved it. Although, you didn’t have to throw it that hard.” I rubbed my stomach where she had hit me.

“I wasn’t even aiming. I was just throwing it in your general direction… Sometimes I forget that you have terrible reflexes.”

“Yeah, yeah… not everyone is a ninja like you, okay?!”

“Does it hurt?” she reached under my shirt and rubbed my stomach.

I wasn’t expecting it so I cringed even though I wasn’t actually in pain.

“Oh, so it does hurt! I’m so sorry!” she softened her touch which made it even more unbearable for a different reason.

I grabbed her hand and pulled it out from under my shirt.

“N-No… no… it doesn’t hurt… It’s just… I, uhm… I’m fine,” I babbled.

I started backing off. She didn’t even realize that her touch was driving me crazy. If she kept it up, things could become… dangerous…

“Jessie…” she closed the gap between us. She had me boxed in with me backed into the door and both her arms outstretched on the door. “Why did you come in here…? Did you want something?”

My mind couldn’t concentrate at what she was saying. She was standing way too close and her scent was intoxicating, like an invisible cloud of hallucinogens.

“K-K-Kryssie…  c-could you p-please s-step back a l-little?” I stammered like a fool.

“What’s wrong Jessie…? You said you wanted to know how I feel about you right…?” she leaned in even closer.

My heart was pounding against my chest.

Get it together, Jessica! Control yourself! It’s not the time… it’s not the time… it’s not the time…

I kept thinking that to myself in order not to give in.

She went in for a kiss but I knew if I let her I wouldn’t want to stop, so I ducked down and escaped. But her reaction was quick though. She caught my arm and pulled me back into her grasp.

“Don’t do that…” she said.

“D-Do w-what…?”

“Trying to escape… I don’t get you…”

“I-I’m just trying to protect you…”

“From what?”

I swallowed hard. “F-From m-me…”

She giggled. “I’m not the one who needs protecting, Jessie…”

She held me by the nape of my neck so that I couldn’t flee again. She my lips and then pulled back.

Oh, God! What a tease, that rascal!

“Your move, Jessica Jung!” she smirked.

“Yah! Don’t get smart with me…! Just because I let you call me Jessie…”

Somehow this little moment has turned into a struggle for dominance.

“Jalmothaesseo… Your move, unni!”

Argh! This rascal thinks she’s got me wrapped around her finger… well… she’d better think again…

“Damn right, I’m your unni! So you’d better be a good girl and behave…” I told her as I the length of her arm with the back of my hand.

“What?! So I have no say in this matter?! Why are you so cruel to me…” she pouted.

“Baby sis… sometimes it’s better to hold back than to be too aggressive… There’s a time for everything.”

“Heung!” she crossed her arms. She always looked like a cute little kitten when she was angry and whining.

“Be patient,” I ruffled her hair.

She sighed. “Yeah, yeah…”

“I’ll be in my room… Tiff is coming over at 6.30 to pick me up but I assume by now she’d have realized that you’re here too so we’re all probably going together. Remember to act like you’re angry at me.”

“Oh, there won’t be a need to act!”

“Aww… don’t be like that… Now be a good girl and give your sister a kiss.” I pointed at my cheek.

She let out another sigh and leaned in to give me a peck on the cheek, but I turned my head so that the kiss landed on my lips instead.

“Thanks,” I gave her a wink and stuck my tongue out at her before leaving her room.

“…” I heard her mumble under her breath before I entered my room.