Odd Behavior

Entangled

Author's Note: Okay people... when you read this chapter... you should read between the lines... because everyone's not saying what they mean... Enjoy!


(Krystal’s POV)

“So I can go home?!” I asked Jessie excitedly.

I had just woken up from my “nap” when Jessie told me that I had been given the green light to go home.

“Yes. I’ve already done all the paperwork so if you’re ready, go change and I’ll pack up your stuff, then we can leave,” she told me.

“Yay! It’s so stuffy here in the hospital… I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed again!” I exclaimed.

“Okay… calm down… The doctor said you shouldn’t get too excited. Your body is still weak and if you over exert yourself you might pass out again,” she said.

“Whatever you say, Jessie…” I clung onto her arm happily. “Now… turn around! I’m going to change.”

“Tch! No one wants to see your stick figure anyway…” she mocked.

I looked down at my body wondering if my figure was really that sad…

“I don’t think it’s that bad…” I mumbled to myself under my breath. “It’s better than yours…”

“I heard that…!”

“Ahem…” I pretended to clear my throat. “I said nothing…” I grabbed my clothes and changed out of the hospital gown.

“So the doctor said you need to be on some medication until your white blood cell count is back to normal. Also I think you should stay home for the rest of the week,” she instructed.

“Whatever you say, Jessie…” I replied.

“Why are you patronizing me?!” she asked, annoyed.

“I’m not patronizing you… You said no more arguments, so I’m just obeying whatever you tell me to do,” I snuggled up to her. I was in such a good mood that I was spewing aegyo.

“Uhm… What’s going on with you, Kryssie?” she asked as she brushed me off of her.

That’s weird…

She didn’t usually hate it when I showed her my aegyo or when I was being clingy.

“Wae, Jessie? Sirheo?” I asked in return.

“I didn’t say that… You’re just being… weird…”

“Heung! Fine… I see how it is…” I pretended to be offended. I snatched my stuff from her and headed for the door.

Is she really not going to say anything?!

Just as I reached the door, she caught my hand and pulled me back. I stopped abruptly but she yanked my hand again causing me to spin back towards her and she caught me in her arms. She held onto me tightly and rested her head on my shoulders.

I was so stunned I couldn’t move.

She’s being weird again… First she doesn’t want me to be affectionate with her but now she’s the one being all clingy…

“Jessie… Is there something you aren’t telling me?” I felt like she was hiding something from me. Otherwise she wouldn’t be all bipolar like she was being now.

“It’s been a long day, hasn’t it Kryssie? I’m really tired but you must be more tired than I am… Let’s go home…” She released me from her embrace, took the stuff out of my hands and opened the door to leave.

That was surreal! What on earth just happened? I know she’s avoiding my question…

“Jessie…! I was just kidding… I wasn’t serious… Hold up, Jessie… Wait for me…” I called after her.

She turned back around, took my hand and pulled me along, all while staying silent.

I tried to read her expression but she wasn’t giving any sign of what she was thinking. I had no choice but to just go along with her.


(Tiffany’s POV)

I decided to finish up work early for the day. I wasn’t getting much done anyway but luckily there was nothing that needed my urgent attention.

Jess had texted us about the good news; that Krystal was fine and that she was discharged.

Taeyeon had also texted me that she thought we should visit Jess and Krystal, so the plan was to meet up at the Jungs for dinner. We were getting take out of course.

I arrived at the Jungs before Taeyeon, unsurprisingly, and I was greeted by a really bouncy Krystal.

“Hi, unni! Did you have a good day at work? Sorry, I kept Jessie from you… She’ll be back to work tomorrow now that I’m all better…” she said with a grin.

She was definitely all better… It was like a hyperactive puppy on steroids. Her good mood was infectious causing me to laugh out loud for no reason. I gave her a pat on the head and a smile.

“Work was okay… Same old, same old… I see you’re definitely feeling better… or maybe you’re high on drugs… hmmm?” I teased.

“Hey, it’s not my fault if they slipped me a little something… I didn’t ask for it…” I chuckled.

“Aigoo… someone’s in a good mood…” I ruffled her hair while she tried to swat my hand away. “Where’s Jess?”

“She’s in her room… I think she exhausted herself worrying about me. First, I’m exhausted, then she’s exhausted… It never ends…” she shook her head.

“I’ll go check on her…” I told her.

“Okay. I think Taeyeon unni should be here soon so I’ll just wait here.”

I walked to Jess’s room and knocked on the door.

“Hey, Jess… It’s me…”

“Come in…” she replied.

She was lying in her bed when I entered.

“Hey, I heard you’re feeling a little exhausted…?” I asked.

“Yeah… Want to join me?” she moved over to make space for me.

I laid down next to her and she rested her head on my shoulder.

“Man, it’s really tiring being a big sister… You’re lucky you’re the maknae…” she sighed.

“My poor baby… I know it’s been a rough day but at least it’s good news.”

“Yeah… good news… thankfully…”

“So are you ever planning on telling Krystal… you know… about you and her…?” I was curious how such a secret could have been kept for so long.

“I don’t know… There’s a part of me that thinks she deserves to know and that I want her to know, but the other part thinks it will be better off to just leave it alone… It’s not my decision… My parents told me not to tell her…”

“But don’t you think that it will come out eventually? And if she found out you’ve been keeping it from her all this time, won’t she freak out?”

“But if I tell her now… she’ll freak out anyway. I can’t bear the thought of her being angry at me…”

“I won’t sugar coat it, Jess… She would probably be angry… she might even hate you…”

“Thanks… thanks A LOT!” she said sarcastically.

“You didn’t let me finish… She might even hate you BUT she’ll definitely forgive you because you two have that strong of a bond…” I told her.

“It’s exactly what I’m afraid of… What if that changes? What if she can’t forgive me? What if we can never recover from it? You think I haven’t been thinking about this my entire life? It’s been tormenting me over the years…”

I had never thought about it that way. I didn’t even think about how Jess had been coping with keeping such an important secret since she was just 10 years old.

“I can’t presume to know how it feels but you know I’m here if you ever need someone to talk to about it.”

“Yes, I’m glad I finally have someone I can let it all out to… It was starting to eat me alive.”

“If you’re not ready, then you’re not ready… Don’t force yourself to do it… but I think you’ll have to do it eventually…”

There was the sound of the front door opening and closing, followed by some muffled voices.

“Taeyeon must be here… I guess we should go out to greet her,” Jess said.

I headed out to the living room where Taeyeon and Krystal were already in a happy conversation.

“Guess what?! There’s cause for celebration… Taeyeon unni’s project was a hit!”  Krystal exclaimed excitedly.

“Okay, calm down… I just said that my boss was really happy with the mock ups… but there’s still a lot to be done but he’s making me project leader…” Taeyeon said calmly.

“Ohmigosh, Taeyeonie! I’m so proud and happy for you…” I told her.

“Actually, I owe it all to Krystal… She really helped me a lot…” Taeyeon clarified.

“Oh, please… I just made some silly comments…”Krystal said.

“Well your comments really inspired me…” Taeyeon insisted. “You know what that means… I owe you dinner, my little one…” She put her arm around Krystal’s shoulder.

I suddenly felt a pang of jealousy.

Is it just me or are these two getting really close, really quickly?

“You were really serious about that?” Krystal asked.

“Of course! Wherever you want…” Taeyeon replied.

“Yay! I won’t refuse a free meal…” Krystal giggled.

“I wouldn’t either…” Taeyeon laughed as well.

“Both of you are moochers… who’s going to pay?!” I joked.

We all burst into laughter… all except Jess. She’s been quite this whole time.

I looked at her and gave her a nudge.

“Why don’t we eat? I think Kryssie should get some rest early,” Jess finally said.

“But Jessie… that’s all I’ve been doing the whole day…” Krystal protested.

“Krystal, you should listen to your sister…” Taeyeon agreed.

“Fine…” Krystal sighed. Then she leaned over to Taeyeon and whispered something in her ears causing Taeyeon to grin sheepishly.

I wonder what she said… These two are really suspicious…

We sat down to a quick dinner. All the while, Krystal and Taeyeon were whispering to each other and giggling like school girls, Jess was very quiet throughout the entire night while I was feeling awkward about everyone’s odd behavior.

“Hey, Jess… I know this is kind of bad timing and I know you have a lot on your mind but are we still on this weekend? I mean… obviously I know you would want to stay home and look after Krystal… but I thought maybe you could do with some distraction?”

“Oh, actually Taeyeon unni and I decided to do our dinner on Saturday… So I won’t be home then anyway…” Krystal said obviously overhearing what I had said to Jess.

“Oh, really? Shall we all go out together then?” I asked.

“Andwae! This is mine and unni’s time together…” Krystal chuckled.

I couldn’t believe I was just shut down like that… I looked at Taeyeon disbelievingly.

She just grinned and shrugged her shoulders.

“Yes, let’s do something… I need some fun…” Jess replied.

“Oh… okay… great… So I guess Saturday it is then…”

We pretty much ended on that note as we were all pretty much done with dinner at that point.

We cleaned up the dining room and said our goodbyes.

“So this Saturday… it’s a date!” Krystal said to Taeyeon as she leaned in yet again and whispered something into Taeyeon’s ear. They both smiled at each other and Krystal gave her a rather intimate hug.

I turned to say goodbye to Jess when she suddenly pulled me into a hug as well.

“Oh… uhm… okay… goodnight Jess,” I stammered from the surprise.

“Goodnight… I’ll see you tomorrow…” she said back.

As Taeyeon and I got into my car, we both turned to each other with incredulous looks.

“Is it just me…?” I asked. I didn’t think I needed to finish the sentence.

“Nope,” she replied with just one word.

“Okay, good… I just wanted to check…”

That was definitely a weird dinner…