Green Eyed Monster

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

Yet again, I had found myself waking up in Jessie’s bed.

Don’t make this a habit Krystal!

However, I couldn’t feel Jessie. I opened my eyes and she wasn’t there.

Did Jessie not really come home last night? Was I just imagining all of it?

“Jessie?” I called out. I sat up and turned my head back and forth to look for her but she wasn’t there.

I walked out of her room and called for her again. “Jessie?!” Nothing.

I searched the entire house but Jessie was nowhere to be found.

Was I just dreaming last night?!

My heart ached a little. It felt so vivid that I had believed it was real. I couldn’t believe she spent the night elsewhere. I really, really missed her. My plan was to avoid her but it only made me yearn for her more. There was no use. I was destined to live with this unrequited love forever.

I went back into my room to wallow in my sadness and heartache.

Suddenly I heard the front door open. It had to be Jessie so I bolted out to greet her.

As I ran down the hallway into the living room, she had her back towards me as she was closing the door.

I threw myself at her, giving her a back hug, holding her tightly like I was afraid that she would leave again.

“Kryssie?! Wae geurae?” she asked in surprise.

“I’m sorry I shut you out Jessie! I won’t ever do it again. So please don’t leave me alone again!” I pleaded. I felt like a 5 year old kid again. I know it didn’t make sense for me to want her to leave me alone but that I didn’t want her to be away from me. I can’t have it both ways but I still wanted it.

“Kryssie? What’s wrong? Didn’t I tell you last night that I won’t let you shut me out even if you tried?” she reassured me as she tried to turn around to face me.

I held onto her tighter. “S-So I wasn’t dreaming? You really came home last night?”

“Is that what you were worried about? I just stepped out to buy you some breakfast from your favorite bakery since I didn’t get you anything yesterday… I’m sorry, I should have left you a note or something but I thought I’d be back before you got up,” she explained.

I loosened my grip on her. I felt a little awkward and embarrassed that I had reacted like that but at the same time I was so happy to see her home that I didn’t care.

She finally manages to turn around after I let go of her. She held my face so that I was looking directly at her.

“As long as you tell me to, I will always come back to you. Always,” she said to me.

She pulled my face closer to hers and for a second I thought she was about to kiss me but she just gave me a peck on the cheek like she always did. Nevertheless, my heart was racing.

“Now… stop worrying!” She took one of the breads from the bag she was holding and stuffed it into my mouth.

I was so stunned that I didn’t know how to react.

“It’s good right?! I know it’s your favorite…” she smirked as she walked into the dining area.

She put down the bag and started walking back to her room.

I finally regained consciousness and then outrage started to set in.

I took the bread out of my mouth. “Yah! Jessica Jung Sooyeon!” I yelled at her.

She turned around and squinted her eyes, getting ready for a verbal assault. “Yes…?”

I gave her a dirty look and paused, thinking about what I should say to her… “Thanks for coming home…”

Her expression turned to one of surprise and then she smiled. “Just eat your bread, will you?!”


(Taeyeon’s POV)

“Rise and shine sleepy head!” It was Fany’s wake up call for me.

I nearly fell out of the bed from shock. I was still sound asleep and I didn’t hear her come in but her loud voice was like a fire alarm, causing me to jump out of my bed.

“What?! Who?! What?!” I said as I looked up and down trying to make sense of things.

“Ooops… I didn’t mean to startle you like that…” she giggled.

“Why do you have to do this to me every time?” I asked rhetorically as I steadied myself and crawled back into my sheets.

“No, no, no!” she wagged her finger at me. “You said that we haven’t done anything fun recently so today is our day… TaeNy’s Day Out!” she said excitedly.

“Yeah but why do we have to start so early?”

“So we can have more fun time together… duh!”

I was still reluctant to get out of bed so she sat down on my bed and started bouncing up and down.

God, she’s such a child sometimes…!

“Okay, okay, okay… I’m up! Stop bouncing… you’re making me nauseated.”

“Sorry… It’s a curse… I have too much energy.”

“So what’s the plan?” I yawned and stretched.

“Let’s go to the amusement park. It’s been awhile…”

“What are you… 12?”

“Tch! Admit it, you like it too… Every time we go there you always pretend like you don’t want to but you always end up having a good time…”

True…

“Okay fine… I admit it… Hey should we ask the Jungs to come with us? Seems like they need a little fun time after this week…” I suggested.

“I thought you wanted some TaeNy time… not that I’m complaining…?”

“It’s cool… I think it’ll be fun with all four of us.”

“Yeah, okay… I’ll ask Jess.”


(Krystal’s POV)

“KRYSSIE!” Jessie shouted from her room.

“WHAT?” I hollered back.

What is it now?

It had only been a short while since we made up but things were already back to normal. It was as if the past few days never happened. It was typical for us though…

“GET CHANGED! WE’RE GOING ON A DOUBLE DATE!”

What did she say?! Double date?!

I wanted to double check what she had said but I was sick of the shouting, so I went to her room.

I barged into her room without knocking. “Jessie, what did you-“

She was in the midst of changing; her t-shirt lifted above her midriff. I panicked and immediately turned back around and slammed the door shut.

Why didn’t you knock, you idiot?!

I clutched my chest; my heart pounding.

The door opened.

“What were you saying?” she asked without mentioning what had happened.

“Uhm… I-I wasn’t sure what you said… so I-I just wanted to double check…” I stammered.

“Tiff and Taeyeon asked if we wanted to go to the amusement park with them. I figured you had no plans for today so I told them yes. Is that alright?” she asked.

“O-Oh… Y-yeah I guess that’s fine,” I replied, avoiding her gaze. I was too embarrassed to look at her directly.

“Good, then get changed.”

I nodded, still avoiding looking at her. I went back to my room and locked the door.

I replayed what I had seen in my head but then I slapped myself to get the image out of my head.

Krystal, you ert! Stop thinking about your sister like that!

I got changed and waited for Jessie in the living room.


(Taeyeon’s POV)

Fany and I arrived at the amusement park first so we waited for Sica and Krystal at the entrance.

“How quickly did you get changed? Did you even bother fixing your hair?” Tiff fussed.

In fact, I was still sleepy when I was getting changed so I just quickly put my hair up in a simple do.

She started fixing my hair for me; brushing any loose strands back and tucking them in neatly. As she was doing so, she came up so close to me that I was afraid to move. She was being extra affectionate today for some reason. I didn’t hate it.

“Taeyeon unni! Tiffany unni!” shouted Krystal from a distance.

I hadn’t noticed the Jung sisters coming our way because Fany was in my line of sight.

“Oh, Krystal!” I waved. “Jessica-shi,” I greeted.

“Taeyeon-shi… Tiff…” Jessica greeted back.

“Yay! Everyone’s here… Now the real fun begins…!” Fany was definitely overexcited.

“Unni! I’ll walk with you!” Krystal walked up to me and linked her arm around mine.

Seems like everyone is a little affectionate today…

“So, I assume that you and your sister fixed whatever issue it is that you had…?” I asked her.

“Yeah… I realized I was being an idiot…” she replied.

I chuckled.

“She seemed really worried about you last night. She left immediately after she got your texts.”

“She was with you last night?”

“Well she was over at ours. She was going to stay over but she said she was needed back home so she left. Didn’t she tell you?”

“Uhm… no… But I guess she didn’t really get a chance to.”

That’s weird… I don’t understand these two…

“So what’s the deal with your other problem?” I asked again.

“What other problem?”

“You know… the secret you wanted me to keep…”

“Oh! That… well…” she shook her head.

“Oh, I’m sorry… Are you alright?” I said empathetically.

“It’s okay… I think I’m starting to accept that it’s just the way it is…” she answered.

“You’re brave, my little one… Now, let’s forget about all these problems and have a fun day, shall we?”

She smiled.


(Tiffany’s POV)

Didn’t she say she wanted some us time? Now she’s off with Krystal…

I shook my head watching those two walk ahead.

“So I guess it’s you and me…” I said to Jess.

She was watching Krystal and didn’t seem to hear me.

“Jess?” I waved my hand in her face.

“Sorry… Yes, let’s go…” she answered.

We trailed behind Taeyeon and Krystal who seem to be having a nice chat. It was so cute that they got along so well despite just knowing each other for such a short time.

“So are you two back to normal again… for the time being?” I asked Jess.

“I guess so… Normal as normal can be…” she answered.

“God, you two are like a soap opera…!”

“That’s such an exaggeration. We’re not that bad…”

“Oh really? You guys blow every little thing out of proportion.”

“Everyone has family drama… Kryssie and I get over our problems pretty quickly though…”

“True…” I thought about my own family drama.

“So why the sudden need to come here today?”

“Well, remember Taeyeon was complaining about not having fun anymore…? I decided to bring her here today… but she wanted to ask you guys to come along. She thought you two might need a fun day… Now she’s totally abandoned me for Krystal… Aish!”

“I wonder what they are talking about…” she muttered.

“Yeah… aren’t they just so cute? It’s nice that they get along so well…” I commented.


(Jessica’s POV)

Why is she clinging to Taeyeon?! What are they talking about? Is she trying to avoid me again after what happened earlier?

“I wonder what they are talking about…” I thought out loud.

“Yeah… aren’t they just so cute? It’s nice that they get along so well…” Tiff commented.

“I think it’s because Taeyeon is a great person to talk to…”

Which was the truth because I too found her to be quite insightful.

“That’s true! Taeyeonie has always been my go to when I need someone to talk to,” Tiff agreed.

Still I wondered what she and Kryssie were going on about. They seemed to be having too much of a good time. Come to think of it, she was with Taeyeon the night she came home drunk… I wonder what happened then too…

“Uhm, let’s catch up to them…” I said to Tiff and sped up my pace.

When I finally caught up to them, I grabbed Kryssie’s free hand and pulled her away from Taeyeon.

“Jessie…! Wha-“ exclaimed Kryssie.

I pretended nothing weird had happened. “So what ride do you want to go on first?”

“Well, Taeyeon unni and I were thinking of working our way up to the scary rides…” she answered.

Taeyeon, Taeyeon, Taeyeon… Why is everything about Taeyeon…?!

“Okay… but I want to ride with you…!” I told her.

“A-Alright, Jessie… We’ll ride together…” I saw her turn back to Taeyeon and shrugged.


(Krystal’s POV)

What on earth has come over Jessie? Why is she acting so weird? Why is she clutching my hand so tightly? Could it be that she’s feeling jealous of Taeyeon unni and me? No, way… Impossible… She’s just being her typical needy self…

“So you and Taeyeon seem to be having a good time chatting… What were you talking about?” Jessie asked.

“Oh, uhm… Nothing really… just stuff…”

Why is she asking this all of a sudden?

“Yeah? What stuff…?”

“Nothing… just small chat and school stuff…” I lied.

She gave me a suspicious stare.

She’s definitely acting weird…

The entire day, she wouldn’t let go of my hand. Whenever it was a 4-seater ride, she made sure to sit in between Taeyeon unni and me. She wouldn’t even let me carry a conversation with Taeyeon unni.

She was definitely trying to separate Taeyeon unni and me.

She finally let go of me when we got home later that day.

“What was that about?!” I asked her when we were finally alone. I didn’t want to make a scene while Taeyeon unni and Tiffany unni were around.

“What was what about?” she pretended to be dumb.

“You… You were trying to keep Taeyeon unni and me separate.”

“No I wasn’t…”

“Yes you were! It was so obvious…”

“Why? Are you saying that you hated spending the day with me instead?”

“No, I didn’t say that! I just thought you were being rude… You kept interrupting our conversations.”

“Oh, so it’s all about Taeyeon now isn’t it?!” she huffed.

I was going to argue back but then I stopped myself.

“Jessie… Are you jealous?” I asked.

“What?! Jealous? Why would I be jealous?”

“I don’t know… You tell me…”

“I’m not jealous… There’s nothing to be jealous about…”

“Exactly! There’s NOTHING to be jealous about. Is it because we haven’t had much time together over the past few days?”

She stayed silent but the look on her face was telling. It was so adorable.

“It’s okay Jessie. You know you’ll always be number 1 to me but you know I need to talk to other people too…”

I pulled her into a hug. I guess this is what happens when I ignore her for days; she gets super needy.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to be like that…” she finally apologized.

“Aigoo… You’re so silly sometimes…” I . “I’m going to take a shower. Are we going out for dinner after this?”

“Let’s order in instead. I’m tired,” she replied.

“I bet… Jealousy takes up a lot of energy…” I teased some more.

“I’M NOT JEALOUS!” she yelled out loud.

“Okay, okay… Calm down… I was just joking…”

I laughed to myself as I walked back to my room.


(Jessica’s POV)

I locked myself in my room and buried my head in my pillow.

What the hell were you thinking Jessica?! Why did you behave like that?!

I replayed the entire day in my head and I couldn’t believe how childish I was.

! Was I that obvious? But… why did I do that? I’m NOT jealous!

I thought about how Taeyeon and Kryssie were so chummy again… It made me upset.

Why am I feeling like this? Could it be? Am I really jealous? No…! It couldn’t be!