Cat and Mouse

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

As usual, I woke up before Jessie did. We were in her bed, face to face, her arm and leg draped over me. I suddenly became very aware that I was half and I felt my face redden immediately. I slid out from her hold, grabbed one of her t-shirts, slipped it on, and crawled back into bed. I might have been self-conscious but I was getting used to it and I absolutely loved being held by her. It was like being wrapped up in my security blanket.

Last night was a bit of a blur after a few minutes into our make-out session. My head was still spinning, probably from the lack of oxygen and blood flow to the brain, but at some point we managed to make our way to her bedroom and I ended up just spending the night there. I wished I could just break down the wall between our rooms, but then again where would I retreat to if we got into a fight or if I wanted to punish her? Oh well… that wall will just have to stay up.

Amazingly, we both had enough self control to limit ourselves to second base activities. Despite our teenage-like raging hormones, we both knew that neither of us was emotionally ready for anything more. Still, it was an insanely heated night that pushed every boundary.

Even though she was still asleep, her now empty arms searched around my side of the bed, desperately seeking the thing that had been so abruptly torn from them. I chuckled silently to myself at how adorable the expression on her face was. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her expression slightly panicked. So I tucked my arms in and allowed myself to be taken back into her grasp. Immediately, her expression relaxed causing me to chuckle again, this time letting out a little squeal as I was unable to contain my delight.

She started shuffling a little more and finally woke up from her slumber.

“Morning, sleepy head…” I greeted her.

“Hmmm…” I loved how she always woke up with a hum. “You’re awake… Did you sleep well…?”

“Mmmhmmm… How can I not when I’m sleeping next to you…” I nuzzled her neck.

“You rascal…” she shifted her hands along my body. “Hey, how do you have a shirt on…?”

“Is that all you can think about right now?”

“I’m just curious… because the last time I checked you were definitely not wearing one…”

“I borrowed one from you. Do you mind?”

“No… I think that’s hot,” she giggled. “But you were the one so eager to get the clothes of our backs.”

“Oh, but you told me to put more clothes on… I just remembered” I sneered.

She pulled herself up, straddled me and sat right below my hip. She grabbed my hands and pinned them down behind my head with one hand.

“What am I to do with you…?” she sighed as she lifted the shirt I was wearing just enough to expose my belly.

I tried shaking her off of me but she had all my limbs pinned down like a pro wrestler.

“Yah! Get off of me! You’ve had enough fun last night…”

“You know… I’ve only just realized that you have the iest abs…” she said dreamily, completely ignoring me.

She brushed her free hand gently around my stomach, the tingling sensation causing my body to tense up.

“Yah! How many people’s abs have you seen?!” I barked at her.

“You know… when you tense up, your abs get more defined…” She was completely zoned out. She probably couldn’t even hear me anymore.

She slid herself down and started kissing my abdomen.

My heart started racing and my hands grabbed onto the sheet beneath me for dear life. I had to bite down on my lip to keep from letting out a moan because it would just egg her on.

“J-Jessie… S-Stop… W-We n-need to g-get up…” I managed to get out still trying to suppress the moan that was just begging to get out.

But her mind wasn’t even in the room anymore. She was completely in her own world. Without even me realizing it, her hand crept into my shirt and was now fixed on my .

I wanted to tell her to stop but if I opened my mouth, even just a little, the moan would escape. However, I really couldn’t hold it in any longer and I really needed her to stop before things got out of hand.

My lips parted and I let out the moan that had been waiting at the tip of my tongue.

“Jessie! Stop! That’s enough!” I shouted, finally able to speak up.

She finally stopped and lifted her head to look at me.

“I-I’m sorry, Kryssie… I-I don’t know where my head went… Did I hurt you?”

I sat up and pulled her in for a hug.

“It’s okay…” I told her. I might have overreacted a little by shouting at her, causing her to panic.

“No! It’s not okay… This… This is exactly what I was worried about… I can’t help myself around you but I don’t want to hurt you…”

“It’s okay, it’s okay… You didn’t do anything wrong. I know you would never hurt me… You COULD NEVER hurt me…” I comforted her.

“I can’t trust myself around you anymore. If this ever happens again, do what you need to do, even if you have to slap me in the face,” she said seriously.

“No! I could never!”

“Well, you did… remember? When I kissed you that time…”

“Ohmigod! I totally forgot… I’m so sorry, Jessie.” I cupped her cheek. “I really didn’t mean it when I did that. I was just in such a shock, and I couldn’t believe you were playing with my feelings like that, and I was just so confused…”

She started laughing. “Calm down… it’s all in the past. Although… I think it still hurts a little…” she complained playfully.

“Does it? Should I kiss it and make it better?” I played along.

She closed her eyes, folded her arms, and stuck out her cheek.

I chuckled and gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

“Come to think of it, it was a pretty hard slap, wasn’t it?” I asked.

She nodded with a pout.

“Oh, my poor Jessie…” I pressed my lips on hers as hard as I could.

I pulled her back down onto the bed with me, rolled her off of me and then rolled the other way, getting up from the bed.

“That’s enough of that… We should really get out of bed,” I told her. “Oh and put some clothes on, will you?!” I said before leaving her room.

I went out to the living room to pick up the clothes that I had haphazardly thrown on the floor the night before. Then I went back to my room to look for my phone.

“Hey… did you get any replies from Tiffany unni? Taeyeon unni hasn’t replied to any of my messages…” I asked Jessie as I walked back into her room to drop off her clothes.

She took a look at her phone. “Hmmm… no…”

“What do you think that means?”

“I’m not sure… either it went really well or really badly…”

“Should we give them a call?”

“Go get cleaned up. I’ll give Tiff a call and find out what’s going on,” she said.

I started heading back to my room but she called out to me again.

“Hey… are you forgetting something?”

“Huh? What?”

She pointed at me.

I looked down and realized that she was talking about her t-shirt that I was wearing.

“You want this back right now?”

She held out her hand. “N-O-W… Right now!”

“You’re so mean, Jessie!”

I ripped it off my back and threw it at her, and immediately bolted back to my room. I could hear her laughing through the wall.

She’s so terrible…


(Jessica’s POV)

I just wanted to see her blush, I just couldn’t help myself... and oh, those abs… Where did she even get them, when all she does is eat and sleep?!

This world is so unfair… Sigh…

Talking about Tiff and Taeyeon brought me out of my dream state. Last night was… indescribable… but things were not settled yet. We had no idea what happened with the two of them after they left the restaurant and we haven’t heard anything from either of them. It was time to check in with them. I wasn’t sure how Tiff went about telling Taeyeon but it was better to approach with caution.

I dialed Tiff’s number and waited for her to pick up…


(Tiffany’s POV)

Just as Taeyeonie let go of my arm, my phone began to ring.

“Oh! It’s Jess… What should I say?” I asked Taeyeonie since it was her idea to mess with the Jungs.

“Tell her I was out all night. I got home just awhile ago, you told me the truth. We fought because you lied to me and I can’t forgive you because I don’t feel that you are sincere about your feelings, that you were just playing with my heart… Oh and I’m moving out!”

“WHAT?! Don’t you think that’s excessive?”

“No… It’s just about the same level as what YOU ALL did to me…” she said to me with a death glare.

I bit my tongue. I had no right to refuse what she wanted to do because she was right; I was part of the whole ruse.

I cleared my throat and answered the call.

“Jess… this is not a good time…”

“What? Why? What’s wrong? What happened last night…?”

“I don’t have time to explain everything… She’s leaving and I’m trying to convince her to stay…”

“I don’t understand… Did you not tell her the truth?”

“I did! But she just got mad at me… I told her I loved her but she said if I loved her then I wouldn’t have played her like a fool… She won’t forgive me!”

“No, no, no…! Ohmigod! I’m coming over right now to sort this out… I’ll explain everything to her! I’ll see you in a bit, okay? DON’T LET HER LEAVE!”

She hung up immediately.

“So? What did she say?” asked Taeyeonie after I hung up.

“She panicked! She’s totally worried and freaking out… She’s coming over now! Hurry get changed and pretend you’re packing!”

“Oh, damn! I didn’t think this through…” she said as she bolted to her room to sort herself out.

“Hey! You should put on your clothes from last night…” I yelled at her.

“Good point!” she yelled back as she ran to my room to pick up her clothes.

In the mean time, I tidied up the living room and my room, making sure there were no traces of any evidence that would point to Taeyeonie’s and my night together.

We started yelling at each other, in between laughing at each other like a pair of oddballs, just to make the lie believable. We even rubbed our eyes to make them red, as if we had been crying.

Not long after, the doorbell rang and knocking can be heard from the front door.

I rushed to the door as fast as I could, and opened it with the most desperate expression I could pull off.

“Jess! You have to help me stop her! She won’t listen to me anymore…”

“Where is she? I’ll talk to her…” she pushed past me and rushed into the house with Krystal trailing behind her.

“Is Taeyeon unni really moving out?! Where will she go?!” Krystal asked.

“I don’t know but she’s packing… Did Jess bring you along? Did you guys work things out?” I pretended not to know that their fight was fake.

“There’s no time to explain. What’s important is that we stop her…” Krystal replied.

“I agree! Krystal you have to help me stop her too!”

We all converged at Taeyeonie’s room where she was hastily throwing her belongings into a suitcase.

I ran over to her and grabbed her hands to stop her.

“Taeyeonie! Please! Just listen to reason… I didn’t do it because I was just playing… I was desperate!”

“I told you not to call me that! Stop being endearing when you don’t even really care about my feelings!” she pulled her hands away, surprising me even though we were just pretending.

Damn, Taeyeonie… You’re scary! Remind me not to get on your bad side…

“Unni! Why are you being like this? Please calm down. We can talk about this…” Krystal said.

“Taeyeon-shi! If you give me a minute I can explain everything!” Jess said.

“Fany already explained everything. I don’t need to hear anything more…” Taeyeon responded coldly.

“Then you know it was all pretend… Tiff and I have nothing going on… Taeyeon you know I would never. I could never…” Jess explained.

“That’s not the point. You expect me to just accept it, just like that… You made me out to be a fool! All of you! Even you, Krystal! I told you in confidence and you told Sica! How can I trust any of you?!”

“Unni, I’m so sorry! But I did it because I wanted you to be happy. I didn’t think it would end up like this…”

“What are you talking about?” I asked pretending not to know what was going on.

“I’m sorry to you too, unni,” Krystal apologized to me. “The fight between Jessie and me, it was all fake. We were just using it as an excuse to get you two together. I was the one who told Jessie that Taeyeon still had feelings for you. And once Jessie told me that you felt the same, I begged her to help me get you two together. It’s all my fault, unni! I’m sorry to both of you!”

“I HAD feelings for her… Not anymore. I’m tired of all this…” Taeyeon huffed.

“But unni! It’s not Tiffany unni’s fault…”

“No… Krystal, she’s right. It was my fault too… I asked Jess to help me make Taeyeonie jealous because I needed to make sure she still had feelings for me. I wasn’t brave enough to just tell her in case I would be shot down,” I admitted. This part was all true.

“I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING ME THAT!” Taeyeon burst out loud.

“I CAN’T. That’s what my heart wants to call you. I love you, Taeyeonie. Can’t you see that?!” I replied.

“If you loved me, you would have just told me the moment you found out. And besides you don’t love me… or maybe you think you do only because you think I love you and since Jess rejected you, I’m just your second choice…”

I thought the Jungs were good but Taeyeonie is really surprising me right now…

“That’s not even the case Taeyeon! Yes, she might have confessed to me and that I rejected her but it didn’t even hurt her. I swear. I’m not lying to you. Instead when she thought you and Kryssie had something going on, it really hurt her. She was devastated!” Jess told her.

“Save it, the lot of you… I can’t trust any of you anymore. I can’t listen to any of this anymore…”

She shoved a few more things into her suitcase and slammed it shut.

“I can’t stay here any longer. Goodbye. Maybe when this boils over and I’m not angry with any of you anymore, we’ll all be friends again,” she said before barging out the house.

The three of us ran after her.

“Stop, Taeyeonie!”

“Unni, please!”

“Don’t run away like this, Taeyeon!”

She didn’t look back. She got into a taxi and drove off.

For some crazy reason, tears started streaming down my face.

So this is what it feels like if Taeyeonie ever leaves me…