Blind Leading the Blind

Entangled

Author's Note: OMG! Aren't these two just so adorable?! I seriously love Soojungie with her button-up and jeans outfit. 


(Tiffany’s POV)

“Jess…! What’s going on? What did Taeyeon say to you? Where are we going?” I asked as she dragged me away leaving Taeyeon and Krystal dumbfounded.

“It doesn’t matter! I just can’t deal with them right now!” she answered, sounding really agitated.

“But where are we going…?” I asked again.

“Somewhere… anywhere… away from here… I just need to clear my head! You drove, right? Let’s go for a drive…” she said.

She was still being very vague and I was getting a little annoyed that no one seems to want to cue me in on what was going on. Furthermore, it seemed like there was something deeper going on than everyone was letting on.

We got into the car and I just started driving… without a destination.

“Tiff, I don’t think I can help you with your problem… I have my own problems to deal with,” she suddenly said after a long while of silence.

“Please, Jess! I’m desperate here… I don’t know what exactly is going on with you and Krystal, since you won’t tell me, but it seems to me that our problems are connected, no? Or maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know… but can’t you see that Taeyeon and Krystal are getting closer as we speak?!” I pleaded.

“I don’t really care anymore… I tried to warn her about getting her heart broken but she wouldn’t listen. So why should I bother anymore?!”

“Is that what you two were fighting about?! So you obviously care! Please, Jess! For Krystal’s sake and I’m begging you as a friend… I can’t lose Taeyeon… I know that this means choosing between me and your sister but like you said… Krystal will most likely get her heart broken…”

When it comes to love, I think sometimes we have to know when to be selfish and hold on no matter what. Some things are worth fighting for and for me, this was the case. Taeyeon was it! The only one for me. I hated myself for not realizing it sooner. So many years I’ve wasted not knowing that my one true love was right in front of me and that she loved me back… silently suffering simply because I was too blind to see.

That idiot! She should have just told me…

“Why don’t you just confess to her, Tiff…? Save us all the trouble…” Jess said indifferently.

“I’ve thought about it, but I know her… If I confessed now, she’ll run and hide. If she’s really in denial like you said, she’ll be too afraid to accept my feelings for her…” I explained.

She took a moment to digest what I told her.

“I’ll do this for you… just this once… You deserve to be happy…” she agreed.

I was overjoyed.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you! If I wasn’t driving I would kiss you right now!”

“Uhm… thanks but you should just save that for Taeyeon…” I couldn’t tell by the tone of her voice but I assumed she was just teasing me.

“Jess… why don’t you just make up with Krystal…? She’s just a kid. She doesn’t know better. She doesn’t understand that you’re just trying to protect her… she probably just thinks that you’re being an annoying preachy older sister…” I told her.

“I’m sick and tired of trying to protect her only for her to completely disregard my good intentions. She’s and adult now… she can do whatever she wants…”

 “Stop being so stubborn, Jessica Jung! We both know that you can’t stay mad at Krystal for long…” I scolded her.

She didn’t give a response. She just stared out the window.

“Should I set up a dinner with all of us and we can all work this out?” I asked since she didn’t say anything.

“Sure… whatever… Then we can also go ahead with whatever plan you have to win Taeyeon back…” she replied.

“Oh… right… that… I haven’t actually got a plan for that… yet…”

“Seriously?!” she sighed. “Do I have to do EVERYTHING around here…?”


(Taeyon’s POV)

I was still standing there staring at the door, completely flabbergasted, for what felt like minutes.

“W-What happened?” I asked Krystal.

“I… I’m not sure myself… Unni! What did you say to her?! What did she say to you?!” Krystal asked while she grabbed my arm desperately.

I felt really bad for Krystal and guilty that I wouldn’t be able to tell her the truth.

“I… I’m sorry, Krystal… You’ll have to talk to Sica about that yourself…” I told her but I just couldn’t hide how sorry I was for her.

“Unni… Just tell me the truth… Did she… did she… Is it over?”

I kept quiet. I couldn’t look at her directly because her eyes were just so piercing, so I looked away.

“I knew it…” she collapsed to the ground. “She doesn’t want me any longer, does she? She’s had enough of me… I was too needy, wasn’t I? I wanted too much from her…” she cried.

“Don’t cry, Krystal! I don’t know for sure… Don’t be brash until you hear it from the horse’s mouth yourself. I could be totally wrong…!” I tried comforting her. But Sica was pretty clear about what she wanted to do… I just didn’t have the heart to tell Krystal.

I spent the next few minutes trying to get her to stop crying but I was never very good at that sort of thing, so I just held her and lent her my shoulder to cry on.

When she finally stopped, she wiped her eyes with her sleeve and then she turned to me with a serious look.

“Unni! I’m not letting it end like this! She can’t do this to me! I won’t let her!” she said with resolve.

“Okay. I’m here to support you. If you need anything, just let me know.”

“I’m glad you said that, unni because there’s something you can help me with.”

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

“W-What is it?”

“We have to make Jessie regret that she’d ever let me go…”

“W-What do you mean by we?”

“Unni… you know how jealous she gets when she sees us together… It’s the only way!”

“I-I can’t do that! It’s… it’s too weird… It’s you! AND Sica will literally kill me, if not scratch my eyes out!”

“Please, unni! You don’t even need to do anything… She gets jealous just having you stand next to me…”

“My point exactly! You want me to be in the line of fire?!”

“If it comes to that, I’ll take the bullet for you, okay?! Please, unni, please!” She was staring at me with her puppy dog look. I just couldn’t say no when she was so determined.

“Fine…” I sighed. “But just so you know, I’ll be using your body as my shield without hesitation if I need to…”

Just then I got a text from Fany.

“Taeyeonie, we need to deal with this Jung sisters insanity. Dinner tonight. You bring Krystal, I’ll bring Jess. My favorite restaurant. 7PM.”

At first, I thought it was weird that Fany was trying to sort those two out. She didn’t know about their situation… but I guessed that Sica must have told her that they were fighting over something bad. In any way, this situation needed some resolution or closure of some sort…

“Agreed. These two are hopeless. We’ll be there,” I texted her back.


(Krystal’s POV)

Everything was falling into place and going smoothly… maybe a little too smoothly. Taeyeon unni was really buying into our act. Actually, Jessie’s acting was so real, I didn’t need any help getting the water works going. And as I had expected, Taeyeon unni couldn’t refuse when I needed her help.

Oh, Taeyeon unni… You’re too sweet! Tiffany unni better treat you well when you two get together…

“Krystal, we’re all meeting for dinner, okay? Don’t even try and get out of it…” Taeyeon unni said to me after she received a text on her phone.

“Why would I? I told you… I’m not letting go just yet!” I told her.

“Oh… okay… Please don’t do anything too crazy…” she pleaded.

“I won’t but she’s got another thing coming if she thinks she can just dump me like this!” I said while putting on an angry look.

“Promise me you’ll not do anything crazy!”

“Fine. I promise.” I had my fingers crossed behind my back.

“Okay… now… Are you going to be okay being alone here? Or would you rather I stayed?” she asked.

“No… don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine,” I told her.

“Hmmm… I have a couple of errands to run but I’ll be back after. Remember, don’t do anything crazy!”

“Sure… Seriously, I’ll be fine. I’m not as weak as you think I am…”

“Okay, little one… I’ll be back soon.”

She made a little more fuss before leaving, so I just kept reassuring her that I would be perfectly fine.

After Taeyeon unni left, I wandered around the house wondering how to kill the time until it was time for dinner.

I wish Jessie was here… I wonder what she’s doing with Tiffany unni… She’d better not be doing anything she shouldn’t be doing!

I thought about shooting her a text but she was with Tiffany unni so she wouldn’t be able to reply anyway, so I just plopped myself on the couch and thought about what exactly I was going to do during the dinner tonight…