Accidental Date

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

I’ve been wrecking my brain thinking about how I could possibly help Tiffany unni. Honestly, I had my own stake in agreeing to help her; I really wanted to know if Jessie really actually did like her back too. But how was I supposed to do that? I couldn’t just ask her outright… and even if I did, I doubt that she would tell me the truth.

“Unni, I’m not sure how exactly I’m supposed to help you…” I texted Tiffany unni.

“I know it’s difficult… That’s why I asked for your help in the first place. Why does she have to be such a closed book?!” she texted back.

“You’re telling me… I had to live with this my whole life. She’s still a mystery to me!”

“It’s okay Krystal. I won’t rush you. I’m sure you’d think of something. I just need a hint. Just a small clue, nothing big. I just want to know that it’s possible for her to like me more than a friend.”

It was weird to hear something like that about your sister, especially from someone who is LIKE a sister to you too… I couldn’t even imagine if anyone found out that I liked Jessie.

“I’ll let you know if I think of something…” I ended our conversation and collapsed onto my bed.


(Jessica’s POV)

After my conversation with Tiff the other day, I realized that it was stupid to think that I was helping Kryssie by avoiding her just like she was silly to avoid me. Since she seemed to be getting over me, there was no need to do so. I was underestimating her, even if I was showing her some sisterly affection, she wouldn’t think that I was leading her on. We’ve been closer than most siblings since we could remember, so why would she?

I should just be happy that things were slowly going back to normal and that I didn’t have to be self conscious about this whole situation anymore.


(Krystal’s POV)

“Jessie, I’m home!” I called as I opened the front door even though I wasn’t sure if she was home yet.

“Hey… How was school today?” she responded without bothering to turn to look at me.

“It’s fine. Same old, same old,” I replied. “What are you watching?”

“Nothing really… but… do you want to join me? I’m just killing time until dinner.” She was still fixed on the TV.

“Yeah, okay. I’ll just put my stuff away…” I went to her room to put my stuff down and to change out of the clothes I was wearing.

When I came back out, I plopped myself down on the couch beside her.

“I’m so tired… I don’t even know why…” I sighed.

She finally turned to look at me and gave me a strange look.

“Why are you wearing that?” she asked.

I was wearing what I usually wore at home; shorts and a tank top.

“What do you mean?”

“Didn’t I tell you we were going out for dinner with Tiff?”

“No… When was this planned?”

“A few days ago. I could’ve sworn I told you… sorry. Did you have plans?”

Why didn’t Tiffany unni mention this during our conversation?

“No, not really. I’d prefer to stay home though. I’m kind of tired.”

“Oh, really… Did you not want to come?”

I suddenly thought about my promise to help Tiffany unni and an idea struck me.

“Jessie, would you mind if I skipped out? Why don’t you go ahead without me…?”

“Uhm… I guess not. Are you going to be alright? Do you want me to pick something up for you?”

“No, no. I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me. You just go enjoy yourself…” I told her. Maybe if I get them together, alone, outside of work, they can talk more casually.

“Uhm, still you should put on more clothes… Aren’t you cold?” she commented.

“What are you talking about? This is what I usually wear at home…”

“Okay… okay… I was just being concerned. If you’re tired, you should go to bed early. Don’t wait up for me okay?” she instructed.

Why is she suddenly being all “big sistery”? I just can’t figure her out sometimes.

Awhile later, she left to meet up with Tiffany unni.


(Tiffany’s POV)

Jess just texted me to tell me that she was coming alone.

What?! Oh no, I’m too nervous! Is this Krystal’s doing?! Ah! Eotteohke?!

Okay, calm down Tiffany… Alone time with Jess… This is a good thing…

I waited for her at the restaurant and she was casually late as usual.

“Hey Tiff,” she greeted as she took her seat across from me.

“Hey. Why didn’t Krystal want to come?” I asked. I was just curious as to what her excuse was.

“She was tired. She told me to come without her,” she explained.

Nice excuse Krystal!

“So you came without her anyway…”

“Yeah of course. Why not?”

“Oh, no reason… You might have wanted to stay at home too…”

“Nonsense. I’m not going to blow you off… especially when we can have a nice dinner together…” she said.

Oh! This is a good sign…! She actually wanted to come.

“Hey, should we get a bottle of wine?” she suggested.

“Yeah, sure.” I was going to suggest it but I was surprised that she beat me to it.

We ordered our food and I let her pick the wine.

“It’s nice meeting outside of work with just the two of us…” I said randomly. I was nervous and I didn’t know what to say to her exactly.

Why are you so nervous, Tiffany?! You see her everyday and you talk to her all the time!

“It is. It’s always nice when you’re around. You’re such a good friend,” she replied.

Ugh, the friend card… but then again, some relationships start off as friendship…

“I feel the same way. I mean, you’ve been a really important part of my life over the past year…” I told her.

“Oh, stop it Tiff… You’re making me blush!”

“I’m serious… You’ve been with me through some rough times.”

“Hey, you’ve done the same for me… You’re always there when I need you.”

Ohmigod! Is it just the wine talking or is she opening up to me again?!

“So… you know how important you are to me right?” I said to her.

“Seriously… Stop it… You sound like you’re going to give me some really terrible news…”

“No, no. Definitely not. I just wanted you to know that you mean a lot to me. You don’t really share your feelings much so sometimes I don’t know what you’re thinking…”

“You mean a lot to me too, you silly head! I know I don’t share my feelings a lot but I didn’t think you really needed to hear it…” She smiled as she teased me.

My heart was beating uncontrollably. She has to have feelings for me too… I can feel it.

We ate and chatted. We even ordered a second bottle of wine. I think the wine was lending me some much needed courage. It was starting to feel like a real date. I was over the moon.

Thanks, Krystal!

When it was time to leave, I asked for the check and insisted on paying.

“You can’t do that!” she protested.

“No, I want to. I owe you so much more for all you’ve done for me…” I overruled her.

“Are you trying to buy my affection…?” she joked.

“Even if I am, I know you’re the type who can’t be bought,” I joked back.

“So then, what is this? A date?”

I tried not to blush. “Only if you want it to be…”

She gave me a smirk.

As we were about to go our separate ways, she pulled me into for an unexpected hug. Usually, I was the one who gave out the hugs so I was so surprised that my knees nearly gave out.

“Thanks for tonight,” she said.

“Don’t be silly. There’s no need for thanks.”

“Still… I had a really good time. We should do something again soon.”

Is she asking me out?!

“Yeah, of course. This weekend?” I responded.

“Sure.”

“What do you want to do?” I asked. I wanted to let her pick.

“Hmmm… we’ll decide later. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yup, tomorrow… Good night!”

“Night!”

As I drove home, I was so happy I could hardly contain my feelings. I squealed at the top of my lungs. I was almost certain that she likes me back. But then I calmed myself down. The night seemed too miraculous… It felt too good to be true.

Don’t get too excited yet Tiffany! Don’t jump to conclusions… You have to be certain! There’s only one way to find out for sure…