Uninhibited

Entangled

(Taeyeon’s POV)

“Is this what happens when I’m out of the loop for a few days?!” I exclaimed the moment I walked through the door.

“Uhm… hi to you too, unni…” Krystal greeted.

“Seriously, you two… causing unnecessary drama. Fany called me when she got to Japan and told me that Sica finally outed you two? Where is she?”

“Unni… why are you here? And how do you know that I’d be in? Or Jessie and I could have been… busy… Were you just going to barge in?” she grinned.

“Ohmigod, Krystal! TMI!” I wagged my finger disapprovingly at her. “Anyway, Happy Birthday, my little one! Why didn’t you tell me before? I had to find out last minute like this from Fany?! Aish!” I gave her a hug.

She chuckled when I let her go. “Thanks, unni. Sorry… It’s weird if I just went and told you “hey unni, my birthday is on the 24th and I’m turning 20…” no?”

“Okay… you got me… Here…” I rummaged through my bag and pulled out a small bouquet of roses and a giftwrapped box that had a bottle of perfume in it, and then handed them to her.

“Awww… unni, you’re so sweet! What about my kiss?”

“I would but I don’t think Sica would be too happy about that…”

We both laughed.

“Unni, I missed you! Where have you been?!”

“Busy, busy… what else? Life of an adult, little one… You’ll know soon enough.”

“Way to burst my bubble, unni…”

Suddenly, there was the sound of coughing in the hallway. I shifted my head to look behind Krystal to find Sica heading towards us. She had a sort of weird limp and hop.

“Yah, yah… *cough*. What are you lovebirds doing behind my back? *sniffle*,” Sica said, her voice was quieter than usual and slightly gruff.

“My god, Sica! Did you get run over by a truck?”

“Same difference I guess…” she answered.

“It’s a long story, unni…” Krystal said to me and then turned to Sica. “Jessie! Why are you out of bed?! Get back in there right now!”

“Making sure no one steals from me…” Sica said with a raised eyebrow.

Even when she was sick she was possessive over Krystal… It was just too cute.

“We already have a going, what’s one more…” Krystal said to her.

“Who’s the third?” I asked.

“Yoona unni,” Krystal replied.

“If we bring Taengoo onboard, we’d have to bring Tiff onboard too…” Sica added.

“At that point we’d all be entangled!” Krystal giggled.

“I can’t even handle you, let alone 3 other people,” Sica told Krystal.

“Good! Then I know you’ll never get another girl,” Krystal smirked.

“I’ll just find someone who takes care of me instead…”

I pretended to make some throwing up noises. “Oh, sorry… I just felt so nauseated from all the fluff.”

“Are we fluffy? I thought we’re just sarcastic and hostile?” Sica said incredulously.

“Your words might be sarcastic but the tone and the meaning behind them are completely mushy...” I told her.

“Okay! That’s enough chatting for today… Back to bed with you, missy!” Krystal insisted.

“Woah… Krystal… I don’t think I’ve seen this side of you yet…” I said.

“That’s because you don’t get to see her day to day. She’s like this all the time…” Sica told me. Then she leaned in closer and whispered. “But she’s kind of gotten worse overnight.”

“You calling me bossy and high-maintenance?!” Krystal gave Sica a death stare.

“Oh, but my love, you know I love it when you boss me around… and I don’t mind you being high-maintenance… I like… maintaining you…”

“Ohmigod, I think my ears are bleeding!” I joked.

“Awww! Jessie… you’re too much! But you still have to get back to bed!” Krystal wrapped her arms around Sica.

“This is her the other 95% of the time…” Sica added with a smile.

“I guess I should have expected this when I came over, now that the secret’s out…” I commented.

“Yeah…” Krystal grinned at me. “Let’s go… or do you want me to carry you again?” she asked Sica.

“Are you two trying to show off in front of me…? Aish…!”

“I could get used to it…” Sica leaned her head on Krystal’s shoulder. “But wait! Since Taengoo’s here… let’s cut the cake…”

“Yeah? Okay…”

We walked over to the kitchen and Sica pulled out the cake. The cake read:

Happy 20th Birthday, my Kryssie.

I hope we’ll spend every birthday together for the rest of our lives.

It was so sweet. Actually, it was a little awkward for me to be there because these two were so intimate even when they were arguing, I felt like the third wheel. But it was also an honor, in a way, that they were comfortable enough around me that they weren’t inhibited. I guess, I had been there for the birth of their relationship, so it really didn’t bother them.

Sica and I did the typical routine of singing “Happy Birthday” to her and then she blew out the candles.

“What’d you wish for?” Sica asked.

“I can’t tell you, silly… It won’t come true…”

“But if you tell me I might be able to make it come true…”

“Mmmm… We’ll have to wait and see…”

While they were having another one of their moments, I took the opportunity to launch a sneak attack. I swept up some frosting with my finger and smeared it on Krystal’s face.

“Unni!” she protested.

Then Sica did the same.

“Jessie!”

Then Krystal tried retaliating. She went for Sica first smearing frosting across her neck after missing her face. Sica countered with frosting on Krystal’s nose. It went on back and forth a few more times. Then they realized that I was unscathed and they decided to gang up on me. Sica cornered me while Krystal shoved some frosting over my mouth.

“How’s it taste, unni?” she asked.

I the frosting off my lips. “Mmmm… Really good!”

“Yeah?” She leaned closer to Sica and the frosting from her neck. “Mmmm… It is good…”

“And... that’s my cue to leave…” I told them. I could tell things were getting just a little too heated between them for me to be around. So I grabbed some paper towels and cleaned the frosting off of my face.

“You sure you don’t want some cake before you go?” Sica asked although by her tone I could tell she wanted me to leave but she didn’t want to be rude.

“Yes, I’m sure. You guys have fun. Get well soon, Sica. Don’t worry about me, I’ll see myself out.”

“Thanks for coming by, unni… and the gifts! See you soon!”

“Bye, you lovebirds.”

Oh, those two… Can’t even keep their hands off each other for a second…


(Krystal’s POV)

“I think we scared Taengoo away…” Jessie said after Taeyeon unni left.

“Maybe we could have dialed it down a little…?” I thought out loud.

“Well… now that she’s gone…” Jessie pulled me closer and started cleaning the frosting on my face with her lips.

“Yah! You’re still sick…” I scolded her.

“But… but…” she protested.

“No buts! Oh, which reminds me… You should take the medicine I bought you.”

I went and grabbed the medicine and handed it to her.

“Sirheo!” She crossed her arms.

“What are you, five?”

“You know I hate the taste of medicine.”

“Yeah, that’s why I bought you pills instead. So you’d better take them otherwise how’d you expect to get better? And besides I don’t have time to babysit you all day. I still have to study for exams next week.”

“Fine… I’ll take it…” she sulked.

“I’ll make it worth your while when you get better…” I told her.

She looked at the medicine and then at me and the back at the medicine. Then she took two capsules and swallowed them quickly.

“I’m holding you to that!” she said.

She’s so easy…

“Good girl…” I patted her on her head.

 She responded by nuzzling my neck, brushing her lips against my skin.

Argh! If only she wasn’t sick…

Then I shook my head to get rid of all the stuff I was imagining that came with the thought.

Stop being such a , Krystal!

I gave myself a mental slap because I was still thinking about it.

“Uhm… Jessie… you should get back to bed. The more rest you get, the faster you’ll recover…” I told her but I just basically wanted to get her off of me. Not because I hated it, obviously, but because I was too tempted to do something about it.

“Carry me!” she requested.

“Aish! I knew I shouldn’t have done that… Now I’ll have to do it all the time…” I sighed.

“But my Kryssie is so cool when she does that…”

“Mmmm… if you do an aegyo for me, I’ll carry you… But it has to be a real aegyo!”

“Andwae! Sirheo!” she crossed her arms and stomped her good foot.

Actually, she was rather cute doing that but I wanted her to do a loveable type of aegyo…

“Wae?! It’s still my birthday… You said you’d grant me my wishes…”

She pouted but then her resolve broke.

She covered her face and shook it back and forth. “Nnnnnnngggggg… Kryssie… I’m tired… Please carry me…” she said with a cute voice.

Kyaaaa! Why did I ask for that…?! It’s totally killing me!

I pretended to faint.

“Ohmigod, Jessie… That was too cute…”

“Shut up!” she turned away from me, probably feeling extremely embarrassed.

I was unable to contain my delight and broke into laughter.

“A deal’s a deal…” I told her.

With her back turned to me, it was actually easier to pick her up. I stepped closer to her and swept her off her feet.

“Ahhhhhh!” she let out one of her high pitched screams.

“Yah! My ears!”

“Why’d you do that?”

“You asked for it…”

“You could have warned me…”

“What’s the fun in that?”

She didn’t say a word but she gave a look that told me she secretly loved it. Then she wrapped her arms around my neck to steady herself.

“I got the better end of the deal…” she said as I carried her to her room.

“That’s because I’m happy when you’re happy…”

“Kryssie…”

“Hmmm?”

“You’re such a romantic…” she said as she poked my cheek playfully.

Had she just realized that or is she just stating the obvious?

Honestly, it was all for her. She may have promised to be my genie for a day but I would do anything she asked of me at the drop of a hat, as long as she was happy. That was my wish… I had already told her… I just wanted her to be happy because she made me happy, despite being an idiot most of the time.

I was about to let her down when we got to her doorway, but she refused to let go of me.

“You can’t just leave me here…”

“God… It’s like dealing with a baby…”

“I have to take advantage of this while I can…”

“You don’t have to worry about that, silly… You know I can’t say no to you…”

So I steadied my hold on her, walked her into her room and let her down by her bed instead.

“You’re too good to me, Kryssie…” she said with a sudden solemn tone.

“What are you talking about? I’ve done nothing…”

“How can you not know how much you’ve done for me?!”

“But I really haven’t done anything… You’re the one always doing stuff for me…”

She reached out and cupped my cheek, it with her thumb. “Trust me… you’ve been amazing… I won’t ever let you go…”

I placed my own hand on hers and leaned into it. “I wouldn’t want you to…”

“Kryssie…”

“Hmmm?”

“I want to tell you something…”

“The last time you said that, I got bad news… So I don’t want to know.”

“No, it’s good… I promise. I just wanted to tell you something I haven’t told you yet…”

“I think we’ve had way too much excitement for today… Let’s save it for another time, okay?” I said.

She reluctantly agreed.

I tucked her into bed, making sure that she actually dozed off before I headed back to my room.

I tried to go back to studying for my exams but to no avail. I was distracted, unable to really absorb the information from the books I was reading.

Maybe I should go check on Jessie…

She was sound asleep in her room, in her usual position with one arm raised above her head. It was so adorable. The only time she didn’t do that was if I was holding onto her.

I checked her temperature again.

It’s gone down significantly… Good…

I leaned down and kissed her on her forehead before heading back to my room. But as I got to the doorway, I changed my mind. I walked back in and simply got into bed with her…