Spark

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

For a minute, I forgot where I was when I woke up. My first instinct was to search for Jessie but she was obviously not around.

You’re at Taeyeon unni and Tiffany unni’s place, you silly!

I saw that my phone had received a text message so I picked it up to check who had texted me.

“Couldn’t sleep… feeling so lonely. I miss you. XX <3” It was from Jessie.

I immediately looked around to see if either Taeyeon unni or Tiffany unni was around. To my relief, they weren’t. That could have been close.

“Are you crazy? What if either of them saw your text? Taeyeon unni fell for my story. I think she’s going to talk to you later when she drops me off back home,” I texted her back.

I wondered whether or not she was awake. She wouldn’t usually be up this early if there wasn’t a reason for it.

“Can’t wait to see you. I miss you like crazy. XXXXXXXXXX <3” I sent another text.

I really did miss her. It might sound weird considering it was only one night that we were apart but I had never spent a single night under a different roof than her ever since I could remember, so it was actually a new experience for me.

Then I received a reply from her. I was surprised she was actually up.

“Wait till I get my hands on you… ;p”

Aish! How am I related to such a ? Oh, wait… I’m not, technically…

Although, I actually found it funny now since I’ve come to expect it from her. It was just another “charm” of hers for me to love.

“Krystal, you’re up early…?” a voice suddenly came from behind me.

It was Taeyeon unni. I quickly deleted the message.

“Oh, unni! You’re awake too?” I responded.

“Who are you texting this early?” she asked.

I had to think on my feet. “I… I was hoping to get a text from Jessie… But I didn’t. She obviously doesn’t care that I didn’t go home…”

“Don’t think like that… Fany told me that she had called Sica to let her know you were here. That’s why she didn’t text to ask you where you were. I’m sure she’s worried sick,” she comforted me.

Taeyeon unni was seriously so compassionate, although a little too gullible. She always believed in the good in everyone and any situation. If I wasn’t already completely and madly in love with Jessie, I might actually fall for Taeyeon unni.

“Y-you think so…? I wished she’d at least ask me if I was alright… She could be so cruel sometimes…”

“I’m sorry my little one… I wished there was something I could do. I hate seeing you like this…” she said as she gave me a hug.

Forgive me, unni… I hope you won’t be too angry when all this is revealed…

“Are you both awake already…?” came another voice. It had to be Tiffany unni. “It’s insanely ear-“ she cut herself off when she walked in on Taeyeon unni and I in each other’s arms.

Yes! Thank God for great timing!

I could see that her eyes were wide in shock and then I saw her grit her teeth.

I had to stop myself from laughing so badly.

“Oh, sorry unni… Did we wake you? I couldn’t really sleep…” I told Tiffany unni.

“Uhm… so what are you planning on doing today? I called Jess last night to tell her you were here but she didn’t really tell me what was going on. I’m not sure what happened between you two this time but I can understand if you need to stay here for awhile, although I don’t think you can avoid your problems forever…” Tiffany unni said.

“Don’t worry unni, I’m going home later. Taeyeon unni has offered to take me home…”

“I’ll drop you off…”

“Uhm… you don’t have to…”

“I insist. I want to speak to Jess anyway…”

“Unni… Is it safe for Tiffany unni to come along?” I whispered in Taeyeon unni ear.

“It’s fine. I’m sure Sica will know how to be discrete,” she whispered back.

“What are you two whispering about?” Tiffany unni asked with a suspicious look.

“It’s nothing. We’ll get going soon…” Taeyeon unni answered.

“It’s too early. I doubt she’s awake yet…” I told them.

“Hmmm… shall we go get some breakfast then?” Taeyeon unni suggested.

“I am feeling a little hungry… I didn’t actually eat dinner yesterday…” I mentioned.

“What?! Why didn’t you say anything? Don’t worry, unni will buy you something delicious, okay?” she said as the patted me on the head.

Tiffany unni probably didn’t even realize it but she was giving me quite a hateful glare. It was priceless… and I didn’t even have to lift a finger. Taeyeon unni was doing all the heavy lifting.

Before we left, I hid away in the bathroom and texted Jessie to keep her in the loop.

“Tiffany unni is coming along… We’re going for breakfast and then they’ll come by. Do you want to start your part of the plan?” I texted Jessie.

“You’re going for breakfast without me?! Outrageous! Heung!” she texted back.

Is that all she could focus on? Aish!

“You should have seen the face on Tiffany unni when she walked in on Taeyeon unni and me hugging.”

“>:( There’d better be a good reason for that hug! Anyway, we’ll go ahead with my part. See you later. XX”

I giggled quietly to myself.

Operation: TaeNy was now in full progress!


(Taeyeon’s POV)

I felt bad for Krystal. It was already hard enough being in the type of relationship that she was in but if Sica was really having second thoughts about their relationship; it would be a nightmare situation. She was like my little sister so I felt protective over her but this was hers and Sica’s personal matters and it wasn’t for me to interfere. The only thing I could do for her now was to cheer her up as best as I could.

We went for a quick breakfast before we rendezvoused at the Jungs’.

“I see you ran off to Taeyeon…” Sica said the moment she opened the door.

“Sica, please… It’s not even like that…” I told her but she just rolled her eyes at me.

“Jessie, I’m sorry… Can we please not fight about this anymore?” Krystal said desperately.

“Yeah, Jess. Whatever it is, she is your sister after all… How long are you going to be mad at her?” Fany added.

“No offense, but this is between Krystal and me…” Sica said coldly.

I was a little taken aback when she called Krystal… Krystal… She always called Krystal Kryssie so affectionately. There was definitely something wrong.

“Sica, can I talk to you for a moment… privately?” I asked.

I was actually starting to feel a little frustrated with her so I didn’t give her a choice and pushed her into her room and closed the door behind us.

“What do you want, Taeyeon-shi?” Sica asked.

“Sica, why are you behaving like this? What happened to you two?” I asked.

“Why don’t you just shout this to the world?! I’m sure Tiff can’t hear you out there…” she said sarcastically.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to be so loud… I’m just confused about what’s going on. Krystal was very upset last night.”

“I’m sure it was nothing you couldn’t fix.”

“You know what, get over yourself Sica! There’s nothing going on between Krystal and me… I’m not interested in her that way!”

“If not Krystal then who?!”

I couldn’t give her an answer… All I thought about was Fany… I thought I was over her but my feelings for her have recently been resurfacing.

“You can’t answer me can you?! Hah! You know what… You think this is easy for me?! It’s not! I so wanted this to work. I so wanted us to be happy. But I can’t give her what she wants, what she deserves. I can’t do this. It will never work… so it’s better for me to just end it now and save us more heartache further down the line…” she said angrily.

“Sica… Are you just going to give up like this? I can tell you still love her…”

“What would YOU do, Taeyeon? If you were in my shoes… would you fight for love or would you run and hide?” she asked.

I thought about my own situation. I would be a hypocrite if I told her I would fight because I had my head buried in the sand for so long.

“Just leave us be, Taeyeon. You know this will never work too, don’t you… I’m just trying to protect her. I know you care about her too. She’ll be hurt for awhile but she’ll get over it… she’ll get over me in time. And then we’ll be back to being sisters and she can find someone whom she can love freely.” And with that she ended out conversation and went back out.

I was left in the room alone with my thoughts for just a moment.

Will she really get over you, Sica? She might not love anyone else… After all… I thought I would get over Fany after over 10 years but apparently not…

When I went back out to the living room, Sica was dragging Fany out the door.

“Let’s go Tiff… I need some air…!”

“Wait, Jessie! Where are you going?!” Krystal called after Sica.

I wasn’t sure what was going on but all I could see was Sica holding Fany’s hand and both of them walking out the door.

I really wanted to stop them but I couldn’t find a good enough reason to do so.