Cause and Effect

Entangled

(Krystal’s POV)

After dinner, Jessie and I decided to take a walk back home since our ride to the restaurant had fled to look for the girl she loved without us. I couldn’t blame her though. She definitely did the right thing. It had only been an hour but we still hadn’t heard anything from either side and it was definitely starting to worry me. By the way Taeyeon unni reacted, I was a little concerned that we had gone a little overboard with our scheme but Jessie thought that it was necessary since Taeyeon unni was like an impenetrable fortress. According to Jessie, the fact that she had that outburst meant that we had finally managed to break through her barricades, and that it was a good thing.

The night air was unexpectedly chilly for the time of the year, and I was only wearing a thin cardigan on top of my usual button-up. Jessie on the other hand had the sensibility to bring a jacket with her.

“Are you cold, Kryssie?” she asked when she noticed that I had my hands firmly planted into the pockets of my jeans, and my shoulders were tensed up.

“No…” I denied that I was because I knew that if I said I was, she would give me her jacket and she’d be left in the cold instead.

We stopped at an intersection waiting for the light to turn green.

“Liar. Look at you, you’re shivering.” She started to her jacket but I clamped it shut with my hand instead.

“I’m fine. You’re going to be cold instead and I know you’re terrible with cold weather.”

“I’m already cold anyway… so let’s do this instead…” she said. Then she opened up her jacket and pulled me in with it.

I felt my pulse increase and blood rushed throughout my body, rapidly increasing my body temperature. Our body heat radiated back and forth between the both of us. For a second it felt so warm and comfortable, but it was quickly interrupted by the light turning green.

“Ugh! We should cross…” I told her and reluctantly pulled myself out of her warm embrace.

“Should we get a taxi instead?” she asked wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

“There’s no point, we’re almost home…”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah…”

She took my hand that was closest to her and held it up to . She breathed on it, blowing warm air on my fingers that were starting to go numb. Then she took it and shoved it into her jacket pocket.

“What about my other hand?” I giggled.

“Hey, there’s only one of me… Unless I walk in front of you or you walk in front of me, but that would be terribly inconvenient…” she complained.

I giggled again.

“Come on…” I hastened my pace, pulling her along so that we would get home faster.

We got home in record time and I immediately headed for the kitchen to fix myself a warm drink.

“Jessie...! You want something warm to drink? Tea?” I yelled expecting her to be in the living room or bedroom.

“Why are you yelling?” her voice suddenly snuck up from behind me causing me to jump.

I was about to turn around but she pressed herself against my back. Her arms s around my waist and started running up my chest.

“Jessie! What are you doing?!” I exclaimed in surprise.

“Warming myself up… Aren’t you cold?”

“Yes… but-“ I was cut off when she started ing my cardigan. “Yah! What are you doing, you ?!”

“Aish! Stop calling me that…! If you want me to keep my hands off of you, then stop being so irresistible!”

Where does she even come up with these lines? And why am I such a er for them?!

She spun me around and leaned in for a kiss.

“Hold up! Do you even remember who the last person you kissed was?” I asked her.

She gave me a puzzled look.

“It wasn’t me…” I told her.

“Are you talking about the peck on the cheek I gave Tiff? But that’s only for show and it was on the cheek! That doesn’t count!” she protested.

“Well it does to me…! Didn’t I say NO KISSING?!”

“But… but…”

“No buts! You broke the rules… so now you have to receive the punishment!”

I hoisted her up onto the kitchen counter and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“So… according to you… what would be considered kissing then?” I questioned her.

“Mmmm… It has to be on the lips of course,” she answered.

“Hmmm… Okay…”

I ran my hand through her hair and brushed it back clear of her neck. I leaned in and started kissing her neck. Slowly, I started moving down. I tugged her blouse collar to the side with a finger, exposing her beautifully formed shoulder. I traced my finger along her clavicle and followed it with a trail of kisses.

I felt her hands clench and I looked up to see her biting her lower lip causing me to grin to myself.

She grabbed me by the shirt and pulled me closer but I stopped her by placing my hand on hers and releasing her hold.

“Uh-uh! This is your punishment... You have to sit through this; you can’t kiss me back, you can’t touch me…” I wagged my finger at her.

She gave me a hateful look but she didn’t object.

I tilted her head back and started on her neck.

“No… no….! You’ll leave a mark! Please…” she pleaded.

“Shhh!” I hushed her, covering with my hand.

I wasn’t going to stop but then I reconsidered, considering she had to work on Monday and Tiffany unni doesn’t know about us yet. So I went back to just kissing on her neck instead.

She let out a soft moan which actually caused me to blush.

“Had enough?” I asked.

“No…”

I slipped my hand under her blouse and slowly brushed the back of my hand against the soft skin of her stomach, working my way up to her chest. Then I tucked my hand under her bra, earning a short but loader moan.

She’s so sensitive…

“You’re really mean, Kryssie! This is torturing me…!” she complained.

“Hey, don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time…” I told her. “So, have you had enough?”

“No!” she persisted.

I took off my cardigan that she had undone earlier and started ing my shirt, bottom to top. I let my shirt slip off of me and onto the ground, and then I leaned back into her as close as possible without actually touching her.

She then reached out and grabbed my waist.

“Awww… game over!” I said, as I picked up my shirt from the ground and put it back on.

“What?!”

“Didn’t I say no touching? Oh, Jessie… You need to learn to follow the rules!” I teased. “Now… did you still want that tea?”

“No. Thank. You!” she whined and hopped off the counter. “I hate you!”

“Suit yourself… Better luck next time…” I stuck my tongue out at her before retreating to my room.


(Tiffany’s POV)

Daylight broke and Taeyeonie had only just fallen asleep after an insanely heated night of passionate love-making that had lasted for hours. She had drained every last ounce of my energy with her insatiable appetite but I couldn’t sleep just yet. Instead, I watched her sleep; her body lying next to mine, faced towards me, her arm outstretched across my bare chest. I pulled the covers up to cover her body, not wanting her to catch a cold.

She was so peaceful- and innocent-looking as compared to just a few hours ago when she was an absolute animal. I chuckled to myself just thinking of how I had never known that she had this side to her.

My best friend… No, my lover… What a little animal! God, I love her…!

I sighed in content. It felt as though my life was now complete even though we had only just revealed our true feelings for each other. We hadn’t even discussed what this meant for our relationship and what exactly our status was. All I knew was that I never wanted to be apart from her ever again.

 I didn’t even know why I was so afraid in the first place. This… us… Taeyeonie and I… It felt so right and I was lucky that she was my best friend, the one who had been with me through everything since middle school. I still couldn’t believe how lucky I was. I had only one regret, which was that it took me this long to see the light, but I was glad that I finally did. Better late than never…

I saw the sun creeping through the blinds and I suddenly became very aware of how much my body ached; every inch of skin still felt sensitive and raw. Rest was beckoning and I felt myself slowly slip into unconsciousness, but not before I planted a kiss on her forehead…


I was still unable to move when I heard Taeyeonie’s familiar voice calling me back to consciousness.

“Fany-ah… Wake up…” she whispered softly in my ear.

My eyes were still shut but I felt a kiss on the cheek and then I felt her hand run down my body.

“Taeyeonie…! Are you trying to kill me…?” I groaned.

How is she even able to move…?!

I wasn’t sure how long I had slept but I was still in much need of recuperation. There was no way I could go at it again…

She moved in even closer and laid her head on my shoulder.

“Sorry… Too much?” she asked so innocently that I wasn’t sure if she was just being incredulous or if she was joking.

I slowly opened my eyes even though my eyelids felt heavy like lead.

“Hmmm… You little animal… I can’t keep up…” I managed to mutter but even getting those few words out seemed to be a task.

“Shut up, shut up, shut up!” She was suddenly filled with embarrassment and smacked me in the arm as a warning to stop my teasing.

“Oww… Okay, okay… Stop… You’re going to be the death of me, Kim Taeyeon…” I grinned at her.

“Keep this up and you’re going to be dead meat for sure…” she threatened playfully.

“If it’s death at your hands… I’ll die happy…” I joked.

“Yah! Hwang Miyoung! Who says that kind of stuff?!” she scolded me.

“Whatever… I’m just so happy right now…” I told her.

“Me too…” she agreed shyly. “I still can’t believe this is happening…”

“It’s long overdue… I’m sorry it took me this long…”

She rolled on top of me and gave me a kiss.

“It doesn’t matter anymore… you’re here now…”

“I guess I should really thank Jess for this.”

“Sica? Why? Because she rejected you?!” she asked with displeasure.

I giggled at her little display of jealousy. I had never really seen her jealous before and I was actually a little proud that I was the cause of her jealousy. It was just too adorable.

“That… AND because she was the one who told me that you liked me all this time. She was the one who urged me not to let you go…” I explained.

“What?! Really? But… how did she…” she trailed off.

“Didn’t you tell her? She said you told her so…” I was now a little confused.

“No… I told Krys-“ she cut herself off. Then her eyes widened as she came to a realization. “We’ve been played!”

“What? Played?”

“Don’t you see, Fany-ah? We’ve been tricked. It seems like our little cupids are actually little devils… There was no fight… they just used it as an excuse. They somehow convinced us to make each other jealous to break us down… Tsk, tsk! The Jung sisters are really something!”

I thought about what had happened over the last 2 days, slowly putting all the pieces of puzzle together.

“So you told Krystal about your feelings for me, not Jess?”

“Yes.”

“But Jess told me that you told her… Because she needed me to think that you were with Krystal.”

“Correct.”

“And Krystal pretended like she was having a fight with her sister so that she could come to you for help and I would think she was coming to you for comfort.”

“Exactly…”

“Oh. My. God! They ARE little devils, those two! How cunning!” I exclaimed.

“I was completely fooled! Oh, those two are good…” Taeyeonie added.

“Yeah but we got to give it to them… They’re the reason why we’re here right now…”

“True… but what if I had said I didn’t love you back?”

“But you do and I already knew that… I wasn’t about to just let you walk away. Why did you think I kissed you before you could say anything?”

She flushed bright red and she buried her face into my shoulder.

“Why are you so shy now? After last night… my little animal…” I laughed.

She let out a scream of embarrassment, pulled the sheets over her head, and rolled off of me.

“Stop it, stop it, stop it! I’m going back to my room,” she said as she got out of bed, wrapped in my covers, leaving me exposed, and scurrying out the door.

“Yah! Those are mine! Give them back!” I ran after her.

I caught her just as she was about to enter her room. I pushed her into her room, followed her in, and kicked the door closed behind us.

“No more running…” I told her.

I grabbed the sheets from her and used it to pull her closer to me; wrapping both of us in the covers together.

“Are you regretting last night?” I asked.

“Never! It’s just… I don’t know… How is this going to affect us?”

“Taeyeonie, will you go out with me?”

“What?”

“Just answer the question!”

“Uhm… yeah, of course.”

“Taeyeonie, will you be my girlfriend?”

“What?”

“Come on…”

“Uhm… yes!”

“Taeyeonie, will you move in with me?”

“What?!”

I just smiled at her.

“Aren’t we already living together?” she asked, confused.

“Exactly. Nothing has changed really… except maybe this…” I motioned my head towards the bed.

It was a lucky thing that we were wrapped up tightly like a burrito, otherwise she would have punched me really hard.

She released herself from my hold and threw on some clothes.

“Hey, have you seen my phone?” she asked.

“Uhm… not sure… Living room?” I answered.

I went back to my room while she went out to the living room to search for our respective phones. I found mine under my clothes that were lying on the ground.

I looked at it and there were a few missed calls and texts from Jess.

“Hey, I did you get any texts from Sica because I got a few from Krystal…” Taeyeonie asked as she walked back into my room.

“Yeah. Should we tell them the good news?” I opened the text box and started typing.

“Wait! Not just yet…” Taeyeonie said with an evil glimmer in her eye. “They thought they were so smart, playing us like that… Let’s mess with them!”

“Aww… really?! Do we have to?” I whined. I was too tired with all the lies and deceptions.

“Are you just going to let them get away with this?”

“Uhm… yeah… They helped me get you… I don’t really care how…”

“Oh, come on… Just a little…” she pouted and grabbed onto my arm, pleading.

How can I resist that aegyo?!

“Fine… But just a little!”